SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

On 2/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, bison73 said:

I agree. Stay off the stuff.

But do we really know that that was the supplement that was the issue?  Would 5hour energy pass the test?  Still too many unknowns and no specific facts.

No five hour would not pass the test. These kids are warned about caffeine though.

• Upvote 1

NDSU AD Larson seems to be watching his words very carefully.To me that's a sign of someone who knows they need to stay on a very narrow path (and there be landmines outside it). But that's also called living in NCAA-land. So it's not surprising. 

It's curious that the Robbins' haven't said what the substance in question is. Honestly, if it was caffeine (we don't know) they'd get a level of pity and disbelief from the casual observer. If it's not, well, I guess I wouldn't expect them (Robbins') to admit to what it was until they could use that information to show the validity of the rest of their claims. 

Finally, McFeely did a favor to NDSU. He inferred it was "5 Hour Energy" in question. That's going for the disbelief and pity. However, we don't know what the substance at issue is. So Mike should've stayed out of the speculative game. Or stated what the substance in question is (if he knows). 

But after all that it comes down to this: 
A very good NDSU FB player lost a senior year to a failed post game test. The player's (NDSU Athletics HOF mother) says it was a "trusted staff member" that gave the substance that caused the failed test. NDSU claims otherwise. Someone is being less than forthright and it's not a good look for NDSU either way. 

And we're yet to find anyone ready to step up and do a full discovery of the facts. We're getting whispers (Ben Newman, supplements), but not the truth and facts. Rumors and innuendo will fill the void until the truth is known. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

NDSU AD Larson seems to be watching his words very carefully.To me that's a sign of someone who knows they need to stay on a very narrow path (and there be landmines outside it). But that's also called living in NCAA-land. So it's not surprising. 

It's curious that the Robbins' haven't said what the substance in question is. Honestly, if it was caffeine (we don't know) they'd get a level of pity and disbelief from the casual observer. If it's not, well, I guess I wouldn't expect them (Robbins') to admit to what it was until they could use that information to show the validity of the rest of their claims. 

Finally, McFeely did a favor to NDSU. He inferred it was "5 Hour Energy" in question. That's going for the disbelief and pity. However, we don't know what the substance at issue is. So Mike should've stayed out of the speculative game. Or stated what the substance in question is (if he knows). 

But after all that it comes down to this: 
A very good NDSU FB player lost a senior year to a failed post game test. The player's (NDSU Athletics HOF mother) says it was a "trusted staff member" that gave the substance that caused the failed test. NDSU claims otherwise. Someone is being less than forthright and it's not a good look for NDSU either way. 

And we're yet to find anyone ready to step up and do a full discovery of the facts. We're getting whispers (Ben Newman, supplements), but not the truth and facts. Rumors and innuendo will fill the void until the truth is known. 

Very well said.

Here is something that came to me last night. May be everything is being held close to the vest because of pending legal action-appeal?  I have heard that its not over so this might be the reason. 

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

Very well said.

Here is something that came to me last night. May be everything is being held close to the vest because of pending legal action-appeal?  I have heard that its not over so this might be the reason. 

I thought that this wasn't a sorry?

9 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

No five hour would not pass the test. These kids are warned about caffeine though.

You can warn kids all you want They are warned about MJ and a lot of other stuff also. . But you know as well as I do--they make bad choices on occasion.

21 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

So you’re contending the Robbins family goes public to stick up for their son, but wouldn’t bother to mention, oh by the way, it was caffeine?

lol

You seem to hold Brock and the mother in high regard when it comes to what they said dont you. Remember Brock said it wasnt steroids or MJ. So what do all of these these supplements have in common????

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

You seem to hold Brock and the mother in high regard when it comes to what they said dont you. Remember Brock said it wasnt steroids or MJ. So what do all of these these supplements have in common????

Actually, let me clarify:

NDSU = deceitful arrogant pricks ... and cheaters 

Beyond obvious [former] NDSU coaches were involved and several NDSU players were on said illegal preworkout mix. 

Therefore, Matt Larsen is a liar. There is fair likelihood of lawsuit; not imminent, however. 

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

If looking at the situation using logic, motive, and corroborating comments from others who have been through the ndsu football program doesn't work for you, i guess you can just call it holding their comments in "high regard".

Not sure of the answer to your riddle.  Seems irrelevant as long as ndsu refuses to come clean on the situation.  

Notice in the original article Brock said somebody within the program supplied it, and he had no idea it contained a banned substance.   Caffeine is not a banned substance.  It is a regulated substance.     If word choice matters (which admittedly is debatable given these are all ndsu folks) then I have a hard time believing the new narrative that it was caffeine.  

• Upvote 2

It gets worse for Aggies....now from Philly ..reports that teammates love Froles....not so much..Wentz...cites selfishness and arrogance....AGGIE FB 'arrogant'....that's an understatement....but in fairness so is UND hockey....not FB BB or other sports...you can have a successful sports program w/o being that....Stanford comes to mind...successful  women's and men's programs...but generally well respected....

• Upvote 1