SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

Each potential transfer situation is different and should be assessed on a case by case basis. If a transfer can help your football program, including on the field with wins, then you consider adding the player to your program. 

Simply labeling all transfer as “bad” is beyond short-sighted and ignorant. Even in the recent past, with Bubba as head coach, UND has has successful additions to the football program with transfers. Examples include CB Alex Tillman, LB Dylan Bakker, WR Clive Georges, OL Michael Coe, and even QB Nate Ketteringham, despite how polarizing he was with the fan base; actual quarterbacks tend to do that to armchair quarterbacks. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Each potential transfer situation is different and should be assessed on a case by case basis. If a transfer can help your football program, including on the field with wins, then you consider adding the player to your program. 

Simply labeling all transfer as “bad” is beyond short-sighted and ignorant. Even in the recent past, with Bubba as head coach, UND has has successful additions to the football program with transfers. Examples include CB Alex Tillman, LB Dylan Bakker, WR Clive Georges, OL Michael Coe, and even QB Nate Ketteringham, despite how polarizing he was with the fan base; actual quarterbacks tend to do that to armchair quarterbacks. 

Agree very much with this analysis. 

Whether they are transfers, Jucos or 18 year old kids, this program needs great players.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That Dutch cornerback is coming in for a visit -

https://undfootball360.com/news/final-2020-recruiting-weekend/

I think I remember seeing on twitter that he was waiting forever to get is SAT results back.  He got them only recently, I think, perhaps that is why Minnesota didn't work out for him?

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

The suspense was killing me, 15 tackles last season!!

I'm most impressed by his sack against UM-Crookston.  I heard it was epic.

You need to listen to his interview with Dizzo.  He feels like he's been "selling himself short this whole time".  :huh:

8 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You need to listen to his interview with Dizzo.  He feels like he's been "selling himself short this whole time".  :huh:

1. I don't think he shorted himself, that's the normal height of DII offensive lineman.

2. Without huge productivity from the squatty tackle (1 tackle per game) is Makota the next fold in local college football?

3. UM-Crookston and St. Cloud St. must now be 2nd guessing themselves.

4. Ben Newman is smiling about his new assistant......all that sh_t was getting heavy.

5. Entz wanted a body double on the team to live vicariously through.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

1. I don't think he shorted himself, that's the normal height of DII offensive lineman.

2. Without huge productivity from the squatty tackle (1 tackle per game) is Makota the next fold in local college football?

3. UM-Crookston and St. Cloud St. must now be 2nd guessing themselves.

4. Ben Newman is smiling about his new assistant......all that sh_t was getting heavy.

5. Entz wanted a body double on the team to live vicariously through.

With God as my witness, Gundy has broken him in half!

2245CA27-7567-430E-96A0-B36CAD75E9E1.gif

• Upvote 3