SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona

SiouxFan100

On 11/13/2018 at 12:22 PM, MoSiouxFan said:

From the Game Notes, Fiedler still listed as a starter, but Toivonen and Adeoti still out.  Maag listed as a backup, so he's probably a game-time decision; we need him bigtime.

Luke is out for the year. Right arm in a cast for a minimum 3 weeks due to ligament damage and cracked bone. !@#!$ way to end senior year and season. 

2 minutes ago, O Town said:

Luke is out for the year. Right arm in a cast for a minimum 3 weeks due to ligament damage and cracked bone. !@#!$ way to end senior year and season. 

That's rough news. I hate to see that, and I feel really bad for Luke. That just sucks.

57 minutes ago, UND08 said:

What section do UND fans sit in for this one?  The ticket website showed a lot of the stadium as GA...but I'm not so sure that's right and I want to make sure I'm around some friendly faces...

I was wondering that too. I will likely just buy mine on Saturday.  Will definitely want to sit with other UND people. 

34 minutes ago, O Town said:

Sh*t. Please pass on our thanks for representing UND so well on and off the field though. Seems like a great kid. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That sucks. Typical play for him requiring 14 defensers to take him down.

Yes, so true. Remember in 2016 there were 2 games when he was not brought down. He is so tall defenders really have to bring out the whole team to stop him. BTW he is a fraction of an inch under 6’6”. They dared not use that tho. Reading stats of NFL where they listed height almost down to 1/8 inch. This Is bad but it could have been much worse. The right hand comes in pretty handy most of the time. So many nice comments. He is a nice kid and liked by all. Did ya all know he had a Bar-B-Q at his house a few weeks ago with all the Tight Ends including the Newbies. They loved talking w/ an Upper Classman. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, O Town said:

That guy was(is) a monster.  Wish he'd have been utilized more.  Best wishes to him

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mtjack said:

NAU is horrible right now. Multiple injuries across the board. On their 4th string quarterback (wide receiver running the wildcat) at the moment with top two qb's injured and third string freshman simply not ready. A once promising season lay in waste.  

Section 208 and 210 are usually where opposing teams are given seats. Most seats in the dome are decent. UND's dome seats 2,000+ more people. 

This game won't sell out. Even when NAU is competitive, student/community support dips once the holidays/finals start creeping up. I drove up for two games earlier in the season but I'm sitting this last train wreck of the season out. 

The brewery scene in Flagstaff is solid, UND'ers. My favorite are: Dark Sky Brewing, Mother Road Brewing, Historic Brewing. Flagstaff Brewing Co, Beaver Street Brewing and Lumberyard are the originals and all have their merits. I haven't tried Wanderlust Brewing Co. or Trail Crest Brewing Co. yet. 

My mom went to UND for one year. My uncle graduated from there. I lived in Fargo for about a year and spent my summers there all through grade school up to high school. Mom's grew up in Oakes and I have relatives there, Valley City, Jamestown, Ellendale, Wahpeton and Williston. I miss my North Dakota friends and relatives. Sad UND is leaving the Big Sky but it makes more sense for you guys to play NDSU, USD, SDSU, etc. 

-- Cheers. 

Thanks for the information and sorry about the injuries. We feel your pain. 

6 hours ago, mtjack said:

NAU is horrible right now. Multiple injuries across the board. On their 4th string quarterback (wide receiver running the wildcat) at the moment with top two qb's injured and third string freshman simply not ready. A once promising season lay in waste.  

Section 208 and 210 are usually where opposing teams are given seats. Most seats in the dome are decent. UND's dome seats 2,000+ more people. 

This game won't sell out. Even when NAU is competitive, student/community support dips once the holidays/finals start creeping up. I drove up for two games earlier in the season but I'm sitting this last train wreck of the season out. 

The brewery scene in Flagstaff is solid, UND'ers. My favorite are: Dark Sky Brewing, Mother Road Brewing, Historic Brewing. Flagstaff Brewing Co, Beaver Street Brewing and Lumberyard are the originals and all have their merits. I haven't tried Wanderlust Brewing Co. or Trail Crest Brewing Co. yet. 

My mom went to UND for one year. My uncle graduated from there. I lived in Fargo for about a year and spent my summers there all through grade school up to high school. Mom's grew up in Oakes and I have relatives there, Valley City, Jamestown, Ellendale, Wahpeton and Williston. I miss my North Dakota friends and relatives. Sad UND is leaving the Big Sky but it makes more sense for you guys to play NDSU, USD, SDSU, etc. 

-- Cheers. 

When a team is down like this they usually end up beating UND.  Thanks for the great post!  Gl

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Effectively UND's playoffs started last week with a win over PSU.
Let's just say they got by, got lucky, with an uninspired performance.

They need better this week or they'll get exactly what they put out. 

Can you imagine the outrage if they lost that game when the results came back favorable to them.   Gotta say, that losing 3 in a row this time of year when there are playoff possibilities would have been too much to handle.  As it is, splitting with the 2 teams that aren't that special is not something you are looking at with playoffs in sight.  Thank goodness for Lenny Nelson. 

13 hours ago, mtjack said:

-- Cheers. 

Thanks for the info.  What's the tailgating scene up there and where should we go?  I will be driving up from PHX area and plan on getting there a couple hours before the game, will bring a small cooler and look for some other folks in green to try and have some beers with before the game.  

Feel bad for Cookus he sure has had bad luck with injuries.  

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Thanks for the info.  What's the tailgating scene up there and where should we go?  I will be driving up from PHX area and plan on getting there a couple hours before the game, will bring a small cooler and look for some other folks in green to try and have some beers with before the game.  

Feel bad for Cookus he sure has had bad luck with injuries.  

Sioux94 -  NAU's tailgate scene has improved from its days of non-existence but it isn't on par what you'd see in the Midwest or @ U Montana or Montana State games in the Big Sky. The parking lot on the south of the Skydome gets partially closed off for the events. The Greeks occupy the west end of the parking lot. They show up in force....drink profusely....and then never go inside to watch the game. The general student body does the best job at supporting university athletics. The community.....well....other than running and mountain biking, Flagstaff isn't a sports town. No liquor sold inside the Skydome so drink accordingly outside. 

I live in Casa Grande and see quite a few UND and NDSU shirts/car stickers/license plates around town and its not only the snowbirds. Lots of locals have North Dakota roots. Safe travels. 

• Upvote 1

Defensively NAU gives up 34 ppg and 215 rushing yards a game.  Und should, SHOULD, thrive with their running game.  

This is senior day for NAU ....that could spark some excitement for them but UND is playing for a potential playoff spot.  It’s UNDs seniors that will be playing for continued college play.  Hopefully that ignites UND to play it’s best.  If UND is “on” I could then pulling away for a victory.   

GO GREEN!!! 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm a big Griz and Weber fan today too.

No doubt. After so many games went our way last weekend,  I really hope Weber doesn't lay an egg today and let Idaho State beat them. It's a rare occurrence that I root for Montana but today is one of those days!