SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BSU.......so it begins

Oxbow6

2 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Yeah because they dontt wanna play as fighting hawks. Put the name back. boom championship. Or even go to north Dakota hockey boom championship. No one wants to skate for und as fighting hawk. 

What the? 

Don't use drugs, kids. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

What’s funny is people on social media post the same thing. I guess they ignore the only NC to be won in the REA was with the Fighting Hawks name. 

The curse wasn't on the sweater. 

Since the cursed bird has been displayed, mediocre have they played.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Yeah because they dontt wanna play as fighting hawks. Put the name back. boom championship. Or even go to north Dakota hockey boom championship. No one wants to skate for und as fighting hawk. 

Our recent recruiting seems to disagree. I get it, you're trolling, but this is silly and a poor effort. *cough* 2016 *cough*

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Irish said:

Duluth does, however, have a few guys who can put the puck in the net and their power play is far above ours.  No way a program as storied as ours should have a crap power play year after year.

I've never understood this! Even our good years we've had a crap PP. I don't understand lol.

With all of this said, this is one game. Give it two weeks of this and I'm willing to call it a trend, but right now, from this game and the exhibition, it's hard to count it as that.

47 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The "curse" is on the players not putting the puck in the net. We don't have pure scorers, yet. Can they develop with this current group? I think yes. Mash has been all over the ice and just can't finish. I think he will. Does the pipeline have scorers in it for the future? Looks like a yes, but they aren't on campus, yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've never understood this! Even our good years we've had a crap PP. I don't understand lol.

With all of this said, this is one game. Give it two weeks of this and I'm willing to call it a trend, but right now, from this game and the exhibition, it's hard to count it as that.

It's just frustrating because it feels like a continuation of last year.

Lack of scoring.

Power play struggles.

Look real good at times and real bad at times. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The "curse" is on the players not putting the puck in the net. We don't have pure scorers, yet. Can they develop with this current group? I think yes. Mash has been all over the ice and just can't finish. I think he will. Does the pipeline have scorers in it for the future? Looks like a yes, but they aren't on campus, yet.

Maybe the 3 goals on 50+ shots was a bad Oman to start the year.

• Upvote 1

I was at NDSU/UND VB last night but a good buddy who lives in Bemidji was at the game. His general comments........ similar non-descript core group as last year, special teams suck, marginal effort from too many and this squad has very few playmakers and even fewer goal scorers.

Don't shoot the messenger.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I was at NDSU/UND VB last night but a good buddy who lives in Bemidji was at the game. His general comments........ similar non-descript core group as last year, special teams suck, marginal effort from too many and this squad has very few playemakers and even fewer goal scorers.

Before the season started looking at the roster I thought someone is going to have to have a breakout year or this group is going to be average.  Shaw can talk all he wants about the back end guys, but only giving up two goals means nothing when you have to press for 1.

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I was at NDSU/UND VB last night but a good buddy who lives in Bemidji was at the game. His general comments........ similar non-descript core group as last year, special teams suck, marginal effort from too many and this squad has very few playemakers and even fewer goal scorers.

Your buddy nailed it.

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

So...how didn’t Tychonik cut that lineup?

He looked really lost in the exhibition actually. Aweful to be honest.

I won't hurt him to have watched last night from the stands and get a better look at the game and speed. He will benefit. Plus maybe it lights him up and he catches up to the speed by understanding it better.

Not concerned with 1 night out if the lineup. I fully expect him to be in tonight and to see a step taken.

Didnt watch the game, listened, but, the words I heard coming from Berry last night should raise alot of concern.

This whole not being ready, and having passengers thing just doesnt cut it. With the three series to open the season, this thing could be over from a pairwise perspective quickly.

To outline the issues:

1: Attitude

2: Effort

3: Motivation

4: Power play.... why the eff cant this be fixed!?!?!!!!!

4: Finishing 

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

You’re just an outstanding poet, huh? 

The mighty crown jewel of UND DI athletics, the men’s ice hockey team, just opened up their season with a loss to Bemidji. Let me say it again ... a loss to BEMIDJI!!! Wow, and people around UND think NCAA ice hockey is such a big deal ... Wow. 

Nothing wrong with NCAA hockey, but don’t bash FCS DI football or NCAA basketball over the medicore at best sport of NCAA ice hockey. UND needs to expand funding to other sports not played on ice immediately. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8