SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BSU.......so it begins

Oxbow6

The Pearson bus was extra quiet on the ride home.  Followed the team bus through EGF into the Ralph.  Would guess that was even quieter

JJ's could have been an easy wraparound goal had he chosen to do that rather than throw it into a crowd in the slot -  biggest opportunity missed.  Where is Michael Parks when you need him?

31 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re just an outstanding poet, huh? 

The mighty crown jewel of UND DI athletics, the men’s ice hockey team, just opened up their season with a loss to Bemidji. Let me say it again ... a loss to BEMIDJI!!! Wow, and people around UND think NCAA ice hockey is such a big deal ... Wow. 

Nothing wrong with NCAA hockey, but don’t bash FCS DI football or NCAA basketball over the medicore at best sport of NCAA ice hockey. UND needs to expand funding to other sports not played on ice immediately. 

HaHahaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

38 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re just an outstanding poet, huh? 

The mighty crown jewel of UND DI athletics, the men’s ice hockey team, just opened up their season with a loss to Bemidji. Let me say it again ... a loss to BEMIDJI!!! Wow, and people around UND think NCAA ice hockey is such a big deal ... Wow. 

Nothing wrong with NCAA hockey, but don’t bash FCS DI football or NCAA basketball over the medicore at best sport of NCAA ice hockey. UND needs to expand funding to other sports not played on ice immediately. 

The “funding to other sports” comes directly in a large part from the amount of money the hockey team and it’s fans bring in to UND atheletics.  “Funding to other sports” cost the women’s hockey team to be cut.  I am sorry you are a football fan at a hockey school but that is not a reason to cry here.  It’s funny you use the word mediocre, because that is exactly what the football and basketball teams has been at best for two decades. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bemidji, MN ....

*Huge* Big 10 School! Thousands watching! 

So the football team plays a REAL D1 team once a year and gets destroyed and you think they deserve all kids of money. NDSU is a joke in D1 football, where do you think that ranks UND?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

So the football team plays a REAL D1 team once a year and gets destroyed and you think they deserve all kids of money. NDSU is a joke in D1 football, where do you think that ranks UND?

Real D1? Like Bemidji who is D1 in a single sport? Or real D1 as in all sports?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Real D1? Like Bemidji who is D1 in a single sport? Or real D1 as in all sports?

Just going in my previous posts. Not finding where I mentioned Bemidji. Good job though. Point is, football can’t expect any more money or any other sport for that matter. When they start bring in the revenue that the hockey team does, then they can complain. But if they do start bringing in that kind of revenue, then they should actually have to spread it out like the revenue from hockey.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

Just going in my previous posts. Not finding where I mentioned Bemidji. Good job though. Point is, football can’t expect any more money or any other sport for that matter. When they start bring in the revenue that the hockey team does, then they can complain. But if they do start bringing in that kind of revenue, then they should actually have to spread it out like the revenue from hockey.

52% of  the football ticket revenue goes directly to the Ralph.  Just sayin. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’m afraid your perverse alliteration will never fly. If you guys would put down your “swords” and join the Downvote Darell Alliance, we could get this done. :lol::lol:

#allhailthedove

9 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

You say real D1 as if that’s what hockey is. D3 and D2 schools aren’t real D1.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

@FightingSU is a paid operative by the Salty Mike Coalition.  

Is Salty like slip or slide?

Bemidji has our #,  play us tough. Still think it's good for hockey in the area to have this match up. Tonight Hawks get the W, after a big W over the Griz this afternoon.

35 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

Real DI is a made-up term by UND hockey fans to make them feel special. No such thing as “real DI”, but whatever makes you think NCAA hockey is worth a damn. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Real DI is a made-up term by UND hockey fans to make them feel special. No such thing as “real DI”, but whatever makes you think NCAA hockey is worth a damn. 

Judging by your usernames I’m worried you’re both the same dude arguing with yourself. 

• Upvote 1

Not this year will grey be a 'huuuge' hockey power....my pre season 'rap' was ..."F'n Hawks do not make NCAA ice hockey tourney'.....no fault of coaches  or administration.. Cawledge Hockey landscape has changed drastically in last 5/6 years....

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, willythekid said:

The “funding to other sports” comes directly in a large part from the amount of money the hockey team and it’s fans bring in to UND atheletics.  “Funding to other sports” cost the women’s hockey team to be cut.  I am sorry you are a football fan at a hockey school but that is not a reason to cry here.  It’s funny you use the word mediocre, because that is exactly what the football and basketball teams has been at best for two decades. 

Another season like last year and you'll start to see the money from hockey pull back some too.  Towards the end of last season sell outs were being announced but it was clear that actual attendance (butts in the seats) was down.  The fringe fans (which many at the Ralph are) aren't gonna keep shelling out $$$ to see 1-2 goals a game that is lacking of excitement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Not this year will grey be a 'huuuge' hockey power....my pre season 'rap' was ..."F'n Hawks do not make NCAA ice hockey tourney'.....no fault of coaches  or administration.. Cawledge Hockey landscape has changed drastically in last 5/6 years....

I don't see them making the NCAA tournament either.  Will Berry be Gino part 2?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

We’re all UND here boys. We’re all on the same side. Stop acting like whiny NDSU fans

All UND minus the trolls from who knows where and the guy that can't get over his infatuation with a college hockey sportswriter......scary.  

Whoever thought it would turn into hockey vs. football at UND?  

• Upvote 2