SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BSU.......so it begins

Oxbow6

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Insanity that people are predicting no tournament berth after one game. Utter insanity. 

In all fairness, it was before they even played a game with me! :lol:

I'll be the first to eat a giant helping of crow when they prove me wrong. 

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seems kinda like par for the course though doesn’t it? You’d think all those post Christmas runs would have given people some more patience.

Post Christmas runs were a Hakstol thing, not a Berry. Berry hasn't really shown the second half surge capability like his predecessor. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Exactly. They were basically just northDakota hockey since thats the jerdeys they wore  there was no fighting hawk. Idc if officially they were hawks, cuz they weren't lmao. 

The 2016 NC banner says otherwise..

15 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The curse wasn't on the sweater. 

Since the cursed bird has been displayed, mediocre have they played.

What Sioux logo was cursed for hockey? Blackhawk logo 3 titles, Geometric Sioux logo 2 titles, Ben Brien logo 0 titles. Maybe Ralph shouldn’t have put all those Brien logos in and around the building they could’ve won more titles between 2001-2012.  Maybe that logo is cursed, since the only building to see that logo win a National Title is the Alerus Center.

3 minutes ago, JaDubbs said:

Wow....Smith promoted to first line tonight, after those two dumb penalties last night, I thought he might not be in the lineup tonight...o'well Go Sioux!

That first line is the worst first line I’ve seen for UND in a long time. Also a bad 2nd line. This is how much I don’t like it. If they could prove me wrong that’d be great. 

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

That first line is the worst first line I’ve seen for UND in a long time. Also a bad 2nd line. This is how much I don’t like it. If they could prove me wrong that’d be great. 

I hear yeah, hopefully they can get it going.  I also see the freshman goalie is starting I believe

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

What Sioux logo was cursed for hockey? Blackhawk logo 3 titles, Geometric Sioux logo 2 titles, Ben Brien logo 0 titles. Maybe Ralph shouldn’t have put all those Brien logos in and around the building they could’ve won more titles between 2001-2012.  Maybe that logo is cursed, since the only building to see that logo win a National Title is the Alerus Center.

Its cute you think a sub division title is equal.  Like posting a kids C squad trophy allnover facedbook

• Downvote 1

On 10/13/2018 at 8:55 AM, willythekid said:

The “funding to other sports” comes directly in a large part from the amount of money the hockey team and it’s fans bring in to UND atheletics.  “Funding to other sports” cost the women’s hockey team to be cut.  I am sorry you are a football fan at a hockey school but that is not a reason to cry here.  It’s funny you use the word mediocre, because that is exactly what the football and basketball teams has been at best for two decades. 

“hockey school” ??

What a joke of a term. How many DI flagship universities can honestly call themselves that? It’s a model that does not work; thus NDSU’s sudden rise over the past decade.

Hockey is niche sport that can only supplement a DI athletic department, not carry it. The current model that UND employs is self-limiting. UND needs to expand football and basketball immediately. 

DI “hockey schools” are either private or underachieving. UND obviously falls under the latter category. 

As for the DI sports of football and basketball being medicore at UND, it’s hard for anyone with objective lenses to be critical when they are funded at a near DII level. 

• Downvote 3

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

“hockey school” ??

What a joke of a term. How many DI flagship universities can honestly call themselves that? It’s a model that does not work; thus NDSU’s sudden rise over the past decade.

Hockey is niche sport that can only supplement a DI athletic department, not carry it. The current model that UND employs is self-limiting. UND needs to expand football and basketball immediately. 

DI “hockey schools” are either private or underachieving. UND obviously falls under the latter category. 

As for the DI sports of football and basketball being medicore at UND, it’s hard for anyone with objective lenses to be critical when they are funded at a near DII level. 

Dude, get over it. You hate hockey. We get it. All the hate and rage in the world will never erase that image of those hockey players running a train on your gf back in the day, or whatever it is that triggered your chonicly obssesive jealous rage.

Get back into therapy and just stop driving by the REA and filling your life with jealous hate....

....with time, I promise it will all get better.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

45 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Dude, get over it. You hate hockey. We get it. All the hate and rage in the world will never erase that image of those hockey players running a train on your gf back in the day, or whatever it is that triggered your chonicly obssesive jealous rage.

Get back into therapy and just stop driving by the REA and filling your life with jealous hate....

....with time, I promise it will all get better.

With his hatred of UND hockey and your hatred of UND athletics outside of hockey it’s like Jekyll and Hyde. 

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

With his hatred of UND hockey and your hatred of UND athletics outside of hockey it’s like Jekyll and Hyde. 

Dont hate football, I attend football, have for over 30 years.

I hate the waste of money on trying to be something its not, and the little bother jealousy complex the football only fools have with being as much like Fargo as the can, and the perverted need to destroy the history in order to create a parrallel reality.

Football was fun, then it became a tale of keeping up to a world to which it didnt belong. 

Now give my damn #downvotedarrell...

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Dont hate football, I attend football, have for over 30 years.

I hate the waste of money on trying to be something its not, and the little bother jealousy complex the football only fools have with being as much like Fargo as the can, and the perverted need to destroy the history in order to create a parrallel reality.

Football was fun, then it became a tale of keeping up to a world to which it didnt belong. 

Now give my damn #downvotedarrell...

You’ve attended UND football for the last 30 years? I bet you were a blast at games making fun of UND being in the FCS for the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

You’ve attended UND football for the last 30 years? I bet you were a blast at games making fun of UND being in the FCS for the last 10 years.

Yeah its been a real fun and successful decade hasnt it?

Imagine my reluctance to degrading our flagship athletic program to such mediocre insignificance as well.... all in the hope to be slightly less mediocre in a slightly more prestigious but yet still insignificant tier... yeeeeeaaay......

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

All the hate and rage in the world will never erase that image of those hockey players running a train on your gf back in the day

What the ... ?

There are therapy programs specifically designed for individuals like you. I recommend you enroll in one immediately. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1