SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Fighting Hawks vs MVSU

geaux_sioux

42 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I'm going with play-action bootleg hitting the deep post 

Actually against this team I'm ok if we run it up the gut, we should be able to run on these guys and be pretty successful with a somewhat boring offense.  Now when we play Washington, I'd like to see a pass on the first play.  Because if we run up the gut the first two plays, we will be looking at 3rd and 7 or 8 and probably a 3 and out.  

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Finally it’s here. The redemption tour starts today vs the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils aka The Delta Dozen.

There was a lot of frustrating things about last years season.  Time to take all that frustration and unleash it on the Delta Devils!!!  

I have been critical of Bubba's personnel and scheme decisions, but today he deserves props for trying to make the game day experience memorable.  It is good to have a coach who cares this much.  With a successful season Sioux Football could become the place to be.  

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Irish said:

I have been critical of Bubba's personnel and scheme decisions, but today he deserves props for trying to make the game day experience memorable.  It is good to have a coach who cares this much.  With a successful season Sioux Football could become the place to be.  

So much this!  I was in school during the transition, and the tailgate lot was vacant.  Could never convince anyone to go to games, and that was when people were complaining about being bored.  The past couple years that I've driven up for games, I have been very impressed with the student tailgating turnout.  It is becoming a party atmosphere in the tailgating lot, and that is what has needed to happen for a long time.  And this is what  UND has.  If the tailgate lot is the place to party, more students will find there way into the stadium.  When we were in school, everyone just said the team sucked and had no interest.  Now that the transition is over and the team is respectable, we will continue to see student involvement improve.  Bubba's support of the "freshman run" is a great Idea, and this will only help to get freshman to the games early in their time at UND.  

That pontoon is different than the one I saw on Craigslist.  On second thought, the one I saw was like a 35K pontoon that was green with Sioux logos.  But what a great idea for a tailgating rig.  Tons of seating with a great layout for a parking space!  Elevated seating to have a great view of the tailgate lot.

How did they get it there and where is the trailer?

9 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

So much this!  I was in school during the transition, and the tailgate lot was vacant.  Could never convince anyone to go to games, and that was when people were complaining about being bored.  The past couple years that I've driven up for games, I have been very impressed with the student tailgating turnout.  It is becoming a party atmosphere in the tailgating lot, and that is what has needed to happen for a long time.  And this is what  UND has.  If the tailgate lot is the place to party, more students will find there way into the stadium.  When we were in school, everyone just said the team sucked and had no interest.  Now that the transition is over and the team is respectable, we will continue to see student involvement improve.  Bubba's support of the "freshman run" is a great Idea, and this will only help to get freshman to the games early in their time at UND.  

That pontoon is different than the one I saw on Craigslist.  On second thought, the one I saw was like a 35K pontoon that was green with Sioux logos.  But what a great idea for a tailgating rig.  Tons of seating with a great layout for a parking space!  Elevated seating to have a great view of the tailgate lot.

How did they get it there and where is the trailer?

Scissor lift trailer. Parked west of the Sleep Inn. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I just realized it will be on Fox Sports North.  Good news for us in FL!

You might want to double check.  Looks like it's on fox college sports, not Fox Sports North.  If you don't have fox college sports, you can get access to it with Fubo TV.  They have a 7 day free trial.