SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

Love the personal attacks....speaks volumes as to character  and. 'Self concept'...I used to do trainings on  'combating bullying'...bully's say ...'being a bully does not make me feel better...but makes others feel worse'......

Most agree with me....Forum Communications have 'neutered' the. Grand Forks market......that was/is my point...

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Canisius loses 5-3 to Mercyhurst tonight...Mercyhurst somehow scored 5 goals on 23 shots.  I'm not sure how that's possible against those stud Canisius goalies.

The Lakers just have more “puck luck” than North Dakota...

8 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So MM what do you think the issue is , it can’t always be puck luck, 1-2 games maybe but not 2 seasons.

My “puck luck” comments are pure sarcasm.  I’ve been tired of that Hennessy/Berry excuse for a long time.

If we all said we are Western Michigan Fans now would they play the rest of their games here this year to show the new students the past couple years how Hockey used to be played here & how to recruit a team of hard nosed players who can score

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

8 ,6, 7, 5 ,3, 0, 9.

Someone with another obsession.

43 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Maybe change your name to DebbyDowner or BrokenRecord?

I keep hearing from Hennessy and Berry that it’s a “process” full of “unlucky bounces” and “puck luck.”    Seems to me that nobody else has scoring problems against the Golden Griffins...

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, iluvdebbies said:

I agree.....BUT.....the league had a chance to clean up the officials mess. Instead they reviewed the knee on knee hit and came up with.... " clear thigh on thigh hit."

So HTF did Mishmash's knee get hurt? Yoy.

The fan forum (or the dozen or so that post) on the Miami site are getting fed up with Enrico and the Miami meltdown this season. 

I really think all those years in the CCHA and playing a good chunk of games against sub-par competition really is staring to show its true colors. I think Miami would have been a middle-of-the-pack team in the old WCHA. Maybe would challenge, and get an auto-bid now and again, but not be the juggernaut it was in the old CCHA. 

Other than that one season it won the NCHC conference tournament, it's looking like that program bit off more than it can chew in the NCHC.

Not too many conference cupcakes anymore to pad the wins.

6 hours ago, NoDak Fan said:

The fan forum (or the dozen or so that post) on the Miami site are getting fed up with Enrico and the Miami meltdown this season. 

I really think all those years in the CCHA and playing a good chunk of games against sub-par competition really is staring to show its true colors. I think Miami would have been a middle-of-the-pack team in the old WCHA. Maybe would challenge, and get an auto-bid now and again, but not be the juggernaut it was in the old CCHA. 

Other than that one season it won the NCHC conference tournament, it's looking like that program bit off more than it can chew in the NCHC.

Sounds like Rico's buyout is only $342,000. 

Miami has been pretty stable in their assistant coaching staff, but this season they've got two new coaches.   Hypothesis I'd have is that Blasi stuck too long with assistants he had around for a while.  

Also, their recruiting ground is mostly Michigan, with secondary sources in Ontario and Ohio.  (And a few from all over.)    I wonder if geography and time zone differences may be offsetting the NCHC advantages of playing against top notch competition to set players up for a shot at the pros.  

Western Michigan and Andy Murray seem to have adjusted to geography and time zone differences and embraced the NCHC advantages of playing top notch competition. Maybe Enrico has run his course at Miami, I don’t think so though. Maybe they are in a temporary down cycle that can set in for a year or two. I have enjoyed their race horse brand of hockey in the past. 

9 hours ago, NoDak Fan said:

I know it was more than just wins and losses but I was surprised (still am) when Minn St-Mankato didn't get in the NCHC over Miami.  Had to be something, I'm sure.