SiouxSports.com Forum

Sandy?

gfhockey

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

It take to get sandy back here?

hust a good for thought in Berry’s contract year. Sandy got his boys back in title game again. While we didn’t even make the tourney. 

Hust food for thought 

im thinking $450k

I’ve heard he is still very interested and would take the alma matter discount to come back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would support this move.  Sandy is getting the most out of his line up.  Berry may have won a natty, but with that line up, many coaches would have been successful.  Getting more from the players and player development are at the top of my list, with lack of draft picks following closely.

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

hust a good for thought in Berry’s contract year. Sandy got his boys back in title game again. While we didn’t even make the tourney. 

Hust food for thought 

im thinking $450k

Hell, that's a weekend at Augie's for you.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

We have regressed. Sandy has progressed. 

Aren’t you going to wait to see if Duluth wins it all? Remember, getting there means nothing to you.  So far, Berry has one Natty in 3 years, which matches Sandy’s total!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Miss
Miss
Miss
Frozen Four
Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss
2nd round
Miss
National Championship
2nd round
Miss
Miss
2nd round
2nd round
Runner-up
Runner-up or National Championship

10 missed NCAA tournaments in 18 seasons.  With a record like that, Brad Berry would be literally run out of town.  Hell, gfhockey is mulling over him being replaced for missing the dance 1 time out of 3!  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

10 missed NCAA tournaments in 18 seasons.  With a record like that, Brad Berry would be literally run out of town.  Hell, gfhockey is mulling over him being replaced for missing the dance 1 time out of 3!  

And it should be pointed out that even that took the most upsets in a decade in order to happen. Not to mention that Duluth has been the last team in 2 of the last 3 years. 

13 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Hust food for thought 

im thinking $450k

"I'm thinking" I would puke on this "food for thought".  I am sure, like everyone else (except Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc),  I can't match your W-2 so my opinion wouldn't mean as much as the GOBC.  If I recall, you didn't think Hakstol could coach and his teams got us to the Playoffs virtually every year and frequently to the Frozen Four.  Berry's team wins a "Natty" and misses the playoffs and he has to go???   Hakstol was an excellent coach and Berry is an excellent coach.  So is Sandelin.  Most of us would be happy with any of the 3.  If you start firing coaches every 2-3 years you will run this, or any other program, into the ground.  Contrary to what some people think, UND doesn't have the facility advantage we had when the Ralph was built.  Since that time many programs have outstanding facilities.  We have a strong tradition and no one has better facilities, but kids aren't always going to make a decision on what we did in the past.  Look at how well Mn and Wisconsin have been doing lately.  They have excellent facilities, a strong tradition and outstanding academics and have been struggling recently.  Coaches who are good can coach.  When the team doesn't always perform up to expectations, or kids leave early, or we have injuries, or team chemistry needs to be improved the answer isn't always replace the coach.  Berry is a good coach and he has a good staff.  They have some very good kids committed to the program.  If the team can't get back to the playoffs and contend for the National title in 2-3 years then I will have your "food for thought" for dinner.  In the meantime, if kids and their parents don't know who the coaching staff will be year in and year out you will be facing an uphill recruiting battle regardless of facilities.

Too many people have never had to lead an organization,  company, business, team and had to manage time, personalities, illnesses, injuries, personality conflicts, budget issues.and all of the other factors which are difficult to control.  In addition these coaches need to have a strategy and system that puts these players in a position to be successful.  Hakstol did it.  Berry has done it and Sandelin has done it. You start rumors that a coach who wins a National title a couple of years ago is on the hot seat, you will give opposing recruiters ammunition to use in the recruiting wars.  What are you thinking???

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

"I'm thinking" I would puke on this "food for thought".  I am sure, like everyone else (except Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc),  I can't match your W-2 so my opinion wouldn't mean as much as the GOBC.  If I recall, you didn't think Hakstol could coach and his teams got us to the Playoffs virtually every year and frequently to the Frozen Four.  Berry's team wins a "Natty" and misses the playoffs and he has to go???   Hakstol was an excellent coach and Berry is an excellent coach.  So is Sandelin.  Most of us would be happy with any of the 3.  If you start firing coaches every 2-3 years you will run this, or any other program, into the ground.  Contrary to what some people think, UND doesn't have the facility advantage we had when the Ralph was built.  Since that time many programs have outstanding facilities.  We have a strong tradition and no one has better facilities, but kids aren't always going to make a decision on what we did in the past.  Look at how well Mn and Wisconsin have been doing lately.  They have excellent facilities, a strong tradition and outstanding academics and have been struggling recently.  Coaches who are good can coach.  When the team doesn't always perform up to expectations, or kids leave early, or we have injuries, or team chemistry needs to be improved the answer isn't always replace the coach.  Berry is a good coach and he has a good staff.  They have some very good kids committed to the program.  If the team can't get back to the playoffs and contend for the National title in 2-3 years then I will have your "food for thought" for dinner.  In the meantime, if kids and their parents don't know who the coaching staff will be year in and year out you will be facing an uphill recruiting battle regardless of facilities.

Too many people have never had to lead an organization,  company, business, team and had to manage time, personalities, illnesses, injuries, personality conflicts, budget issues.and all of the other factors which are difficult to control.  In addition these coaches need to have a strategy and system that puts these players in a position to be successful.  Hakstol did it.  Berry has done it and Sandelin has done it. You start rumors that a coach who wins a National title a couple of years ago is on the hot seat, you will give opposing recruiters ammunition to use in the recruiting wars.  What are you thinking???

Of course you are right and your logic is correct.  No one should want Berry gone because of this season and I believe no one does (well, maybe one).  What we do want is for him to up his game especially on the recruiting trail.  The optics for this season were frustrating for Sioux fans - we couldn't hold a 2-3 goal lead even in the most important games, couldn't play a full 60, and our offense could be described as "chip it off the glass".  In addition, St. Cloud out skated us and Duluth bullied us physically.  Looking towards the future, St. Cloud had half of the all freshman NCHC team, Duluth had 5?  World Junior players.  Of the sophomores in the top 25 in NCHC in scoring, none of the 7 were ours and and the two freshmen on the list belong to Duluth and Denver.  There is a feeling that not only is Denver beating us to top talent, but also Duluth and St. Cloud (which drives me nuts).  I know we have some good defensive talent in the pipeline, but we are used to being top dog and having top talent.  I know we played the top teams tough, but we couldn't put away Miami when we needed to.  We have the best fans, the best facilities, and the best tradition in the nation.  Time to get in some studs and rule the roost again. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Irish said:

Of course you are right and your logic is correct.  No one should want Berry gone because of this season and I believe no one does (well, maybe one).  What we do want is for him to up his game especially on the recruiting trail.  The optics for this season were frustrating for Sioux fans - we couldn't hold a 2-3 goal lead even in the most important games, couldn't play a full 60, and our offense could be described as "chip it off the glass".  In addition, St. Cloud out skated us and Duluth bullied us physically.  Looking towards the future, St. Cloud had half of the all freshman NCHC team, Duluth had 5?  World Junior players.  Of the sophomores in the top 25 in NCHC in scoring, none of the 7 were ours and and the two freshmen on the list belong to Duluth and Denver.  There is a feeling that not only is Denver beating us to top talent, but also Duluth and St. Cloud (which drives me nuts).  I know we have some good defensive talent in the pipeline, but we are used to being top dog and having top talent.  I know we played the top teams tough, but we couldn't put away Miami when we needed to.  We have the best fans, the best facilities, and the best tradition in the nation.  Time to get in some studs and rule the roost again. 

Again, with this narrative... look at the pipeline again... Especially on the back end. WHY is that constantly being ignored? Also being ignored was the team feeling Jost would be here this past year. Why the such aggressive lack of insight on this?

We have one down scoring year and suddenly we have a recruiting problem. If Gooch scores 20 goals next year or if Adams pops 15 or 20, does this just magically go away? 

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m bored of this “recruiting is dead” narrative, personally. 

Is based on one year of down scoring from a group of a few "misses."  ... I put the quotes on there simply because the "misses" careers aren't done and still have time to produce. But, apparently our development here sucks, too hahaha :silly:

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is based on one year of down scoring from a group of a few "misses."  ... I put the quotes on there simply because the "misses" careers aren't done and still have time to produce. But, apparently our development here sucks, too hahaha :silly:

Yup guess I’m not as doom and gloom as everyone else! 

Need more out of the sophomore class, not denying that, but other than that I’m feeling pretty good. 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yup guess I’m not as doom and gloom as everyone else! 

Need more out of the sophomore class, not denying that, but other than that I’m feeling pretty good. 

100% agree. I am bummed with how Hoff played this year. Idk, maybe the Olympics thing was a distraction? We need him to be a consistent contributor.

But, this team has PLENTY of talent and our pipeline is really good.

• Upvote 1