SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

17 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Feels like the opposite. They don't relax, they get incredibly tight.

I agree, I think it's incredibly mental right now. As a fan watching, I know I have the "here we go again" thought after a team scores their first one when UND is up by a couple goals. I don't know how the players couldn't be thinking the same thing. I mean, it happens pretty much every single weekend.

39 minutes ago, AJS said:

I agree, I think it's incredibly mental right now. As a fan watching, I know I have the "here we go again" thought after a team scores their first one when UND is up by a couple goals. I don't know how the players couldn't be thinking the same thing. I mean, it happens pretty much every single weekend.

When you lose that many leads like that in the second half of the season, it's absolutely in their heads. It's human nature. All it takes is one win to get rid of it, though.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Stop playing to the level of the competition. 

Start playing to the level of the abilities. 

This team can play to the level of top 5 PWR teams (ties with DU and SCSU); it needs to play like that every shift. 

Been saying this all year. If UND gets in they have a shot for 2 huge reasons. 5 on 5 I haven't seen a team we can't play with or in most cases a team that can play with us. Reason 2, the refs usually put their whistles in their pockets so their are normally less special teams opportunities in post season.

UND is capable of beating anyone in the country 2-1 or 3-2 and unfortunately we are just as capable of losing to anyone in the country 2-1 or 3-2.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No more ties. 

If it ties, it dies. 

Agree, ties are not a good asset of this team. Also, agree with petey23's recent post in that there aren't as many penalties called in the playoffs, which plays into our strength of playing 5x5. So team must (which has been posted on here many times) "stay out of the penalty box" , and we will be in Sioux Falls!

11 hours ago, AJS said:

Pretty simple, for the second straight year they are in survive and advance mode for the 1st round of the NCHC tournament.

Stating the obvious:

• Lose - Done
  • Win in 3 - Backs very much still against the wall
  • Sweep - Wait and see, might give the team more options

Regardless, I think you'd still have to win a game in St. Paul, hopefully it'd give them a few more options with a sweep.

Do I think this UND team is pretty good? Yes. This has been a second half of if it's not one thing, it's another. For whatever reason, they can't put it completely together.

Hoping this is the weekend.

The real question, is can they win on Friday? 1-6-1 in the second half on Fridays is absolutely absurd. If they want to have any chance of making the tournament, they'll need to win one (if they move on), most likely the next two Fridays to have a shot.

They had better not lose on Friday cus they sure as hell would have trouble winning back to back/two in a row on Sat and Sun.  That ain't happened for long time...

45 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Any intel on TV for this series? NCHC.tv only or any chance of CBS or one of the Fox College Sports channels picking it up?

I sent a message to Starman asking, but based on the NCHC website, it looks like NCHC.tv or local broadcasts will be the only options.

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I sent a message to Starman asking, but based on the NCHC website, it looks like NCHC.tv or local broadcasts will be the only options.

These quarterfinal games have never been aired on a national network as long as I’ve been watching. 

11 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

These quarterfinal games have never been aired on a national network as long as I’ve been watching. 

Yeah, I couldn't remember, but Starman messaged me back and said they are off this weekend. Will be back on CBS for the Frozen Faceoff.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I couldn't remember, but Starman messaged me back and said they are off this weekend. Will be back on CBS for the Frozen Faceoff.

One year the NCHC aired the webcasts for free, but I think that was when they first started streaming games. I don’t believe they still do that. 

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

One year the NCHC aired the webcasts for free, but I think that was when they first started streaming games. I don’t believe they still do that. 

If you bought the entire season NCHC.TV package the playoffs this weekend should be included. Also the 3rd place game at the frozen faceoff as well.

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

If you bought the entire season NCHC.TV package the playoffs this weekend should be included. Also the 3rd place game at the frozen faceoff as well.

I know, but I was referring to non subscribers.

I’ve personally had NCHC TV since it started. 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Stop playing to the level of the competition. 

Start playing to the level of the abilities. 

This team can play to the level of top 5 PWR teams (ties with DU and SCSU); it needs to play like that every shift. 

I have been saying this now for the past 6 or 7 years.  They sometimes play to the other teams level of competition and I don’t know why. We’ve proven it before, we can hang with the top team in the country and beat them. Now it’s just the matter of what team shows up!!!

GO SIOUX!!!