SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

29 minutes ago, Fader said:

Not sure how much more Jake Brandt I can take...  might have to see how well Tim syncs up.

Right there with you. I muted both games last weekend for long periods of time. 

This weekend I think I will just head up to the Ralph.

33 minutes ago, Fader said:

Not sure how much more Jake Brandt I can take...  might have to see how well Tim syncs up.

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Right there with you. I muted both games last weekend for long periods of time. 

This weekend I think I will just head up to the Ralph.

You guys don't like Jake, huh? I think he's done WORLDS better the last year or so.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You guys don't like Jake, huh? I think he's done WORLDS better the last year or so.

Lol sometimes I think he should shut up. 

Less is more, sometimes. 

Personal preference, I just don’t like an analyst that talks as much as he does. 

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I agree.  I think Jake has improved a lot since he first started.   I found myself a couple of times this season thinking that he made some really, really good observations about the game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jake has done worlds better with Hienert than he did with the Fargo Failure on the booth.

Alex is doing a great, I've been impressed and eaten crow on my initial assesment

.Jake has a ton of hockey knowledge and I like to hear it, It compliments Heinerts less experience, (although he is doing very well and has invested alot into his development and it shows) sometimes Jake rambles too long but he knows the game and it comes through.

In the past Jake couldnt salvage the utter idiocy being spewed out and he couldnt connect the pxp with actual hockey info. But now with Alex i think it works better. I like them both......  

....still not Sweeney tho...... #justsayin.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Jake has done worlds better with Hienert than he did with the Fargo Failure on the booth.

Alex is doing a great, I've been impressed and eaten crow on my initial assesment

.Jake has a ton of hockey knowledge and I like to hear it, It compliments complements Heinerts less experience, (although he is doing very well and has invested alot into his development and it shows) sometimes Jake rambles too long but he knows the game and it comes through.

In the past Jake couldnt salvage the utter idiocy being spewed out and he couldnt connect the pxp with actual hockey info. But now with Alex i think it works better. I like them both......  

Fixed your post....#grammarrodeo

15 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I agree.  I think Jake has improved a lot since he first started.   I found myself a couple of times this season thinking that he made some really, really good observations about the game.

He clearly knows the game. Does he talk a bit too much? Sure. But, so do I :D lol.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

.Jake has a ton of hockey knowledge and I like to hear it, It compliments Heinerts less experience, (although he is doing very well and has invested alot into his development and it shows) sometimes Jake rambles too long but he knows the game and it comes through.

I agree.   I'd like to see Alex chill just a little, but he's been good.  And Jake avoids the cliche' a lot better now.  Good team.   

1 hour ago, burd said:

I agree.   I'd like to see Alex chill just a little, but he's been good.  And Jake avoids the cliche' a lot better now.  Good team.   

I think Alex has improved so much, you can tell he has worked hard at it and knows his stuff.  I love his goal calls, he brings energy that seems appropriate to the situation.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think Alex has improved so much, you can tell he has worked hard at it and knows his stuff.  I love his goal calls, he brings energy that seems appropriate to the situation.

Yeah, I think the team's broadcast is in a good place right now.  It would be nice to see Alex and Jake in the booth for a lot of wins. 

On 3/4/2018 at 2:55 PM, Godsmack said:

Actually, this series will come down to who can score more goals.  

On a nightly basis, yes.   The days of the 2 game total goal series are over.  Those used to be either really dull if a team won handily the first night, or very interesting if it was close the second.  Remember you could potentially be pulling your goalie late in the game when you were ahead in the game the second night.  

• Upvote 1