SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Are you kidding me...the guy is hung out to dry all night.  Miami was supposed to be bad and they dominated us all night.  Cam made some big saves.  This loss was solely on the players.  Berry needs to find line combos that work.  

Yeah cam made some good saves, also let some bad ones go. Why do we expect more out of our seniors, unless they are a goalie. Again, I like Cam, and I think he does need a little more help from the surrounding cast; that being said he needs to elevate his play. Letting in too many softies.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah cam made some good saves, also let some bad ones go. Why do we expect more out of our seniors, unless they are a goalie. Again, I like Cam, and I think he does need a little more help from the surrounding cast; that being said he needs to elevate his play. Letting in too many softies.

If Cam does not let in that lousy second goal tonight, UND wins.  But, the rest of the team also played poorly.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Let in 4 goals against a team that hadn’t scored in 3 1/2 games. 

Was he the only player on the ice?  They were in our zone firing pucks from the first until OT.  We had zero sustained pressure/possession all night. 

6 minutes ago, snova4 said:

As much as I'm disappointed with the season, I am very pleased at how many people are singing Hak's praises. I knew people would want his consistency back at the first sign of trouble, I just never expected it would occur so fast. 

2016 suddenly seems like it happened in 1986, doesn't it?

Imagine this place if Minnesota, St Cloud, Denver or, egads, UMD wins the title this season.  

12 hours ago, TheFlop said:

MafiaMan and SiouxBoys.....so what were you saying about Cam?  Kind of quiet.

Hard to comment on a game I didn't watch.  Of course, if Thome starts and finishes a 10-9 win tomorrow night, your sports headline will no doubt be: 

THOME COMES UP BIG AGAINST PIONEERS!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Downgothegoofs said:

It’s over, I hate to say it but it is

But, it's not. A win tomorrow and we're back to where we started tonight. Another must win on Saturday and they're 2 for 2 in these, so far.

Still control our destiny. This loss was incredibly disheartening, however.

• Upvote 1

Berry has continued Hak's chip-it-up-the-boards breakout tendency, which has frustrated me in the past.  I know all teams in all leagues try to keep the game on the perimeter in the D zone, but UND has always been so predictable in its transition that teams find it easy to anticipate and can be more aggressive in jumping the pass.  When they do that successfully, they control possession.  Miami did that again last night.  

In the past, we've had enough high-end talent that we could usually make teams pay for being aggressive in that way.  I think this year's team tries just as hard, they just don't have enough talent to make opponents pay for those strategies.   That's why there are so many games when we look like we are late to pucks and watching.   It's not laziness;  it's other teams getting by with aggressive strategies.    Blasi is good enough coach to know that, particularly if his team has little to lose.  The irony is that a team with less talent will probably be more likely to adopt a conservative, predictable transition strategy.  

I know Hak, Berryl, and all those coaches know a million times more about the game and coaching it that burd does.   Is burd full of shyt?