SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, willythekid said:

If they didn't they would be sitting the next night...  if Berry doesn't have Yon and Casey Johnson in tomorrow he is seriously off his rocker.

Lots of passengers to pick from

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Is there any reason to play Cam anymore?  Given the fact the Thome has shown he is a decent goalie (better IMHO) why not ride him since the wheels have long since come off this bus anyhow.  This team has shown it has no guts...  lazy play, wanting the next guy to pick up the slack...  Even if they somehow make the tourney they have shown they have no business being there.  No grit, no heart...  Berry needs to look to next year to correct this mentality and the first way to do that would be to get Thome more playing time.

Tonight was not cam’s fault.  I know you’re not necessarily saying that however cam still needs minutes to develop. That’s like saying we should sit pogo because he doesn’t do much.  And to be fair to pogo, he’s in a tough spot because he has to attempt to be something he isn’t, a top three scorer.

20 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So at some point in the season, they say you are your record...are we about there now?  Middle of the road team that apparently struggles to hold leads.  Keep cheering for the boys; it's not over until it's over.

Yeah, it’s tough to know.  I, like Berry, thought we were in great position at Christmas because with all the young guys, I thought we would get so much better.  The second half schedule Berry was so pleased about has been a huge disappointment. Maybe our only saving grace is that St.Cloud might not have anything but pairwise seeding to play for next weekend, but that didn’t seem to help us tonight.  With Berry’s lack of anger in the postgame, I now wonder if a lot of his “I love this team” and this team fights for each other is just coach speak and he kind of thinks splits are about what to expect.  Anyone have any inside info on how this team gets along, as I have heard conflicting rumors.  At 14 in the pairwise and playing St. Cloud next week, I still hold out hope that Bast comes back and helps us get consistent power play and penalty kills from here on out.

Just now, tnt said:

Yeah, it’s tough to know.  I, like Berry, thought we were in great position at Christmas because with all the young guys, I thought we would be get so much better.  The second half schedule Berry was so pleased about has been a huge disappointment. Maybe our only saving grace is that St.Cloud might not have anything but pairwise seeding to play for next weekend, but that didn’t seem to help us tonight.  With Berry’s lack of anger in the postgame, I now wonder if a lot of his “I love this team” and this team fights for each other is just coach speak and he kind of thinks splits are about what to expect.  Anyone have any inside info on how this team gets along, as I have heard conflicting rumors.  At 14 in the pairwise and playing St. Cloud next week, I still hold out hope that Bast comes back and helps us get consistent power play and penalty kills from here on out.

Definitely need scsu to beat Denver and then have some crazy luck next week.

8 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

This wasn't on Cam. 

I’m a cam fan, but the wrap around goal was poorly played. He could have saved at least one other.  Team didn’t play great, but neither did cam. Certainly didn’t elevate his play like we would ask of any other senior.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, it’s tough to know.  I, like Berry, thought we were in great position at Christmas because with all the young guys, I thought we would be get so much better.  

At Christmas, I would have never believed this team would be in this position. If you look back, they only really had one bad weekend (Union). 

Knowing how they played earlier in this season, I'm not worried at all past this season. Some of us talk about this team not having "it" and I think that's the case. Giving up two goal leads in four of the past 8 games, their PK against Omaha / Duluth. It's hard to explain, they just couldn't put it together consistently, if it wasn't one thing, it was another. 

This was a long winded way of saying, I don't think they were that far off this year of being a very good team. We say it in the first half, just not sure what happened to them. Hey, they are still 14th in the Pairwise, which although disappointing, it could be a lot worse. 

They'll be back next year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I’m a cam fan, but the wrap around goal was poorly played. He could have saved at least one other.  Team didn’t play great, but neither did cam. Certainly didn’t elevate his play like we would ask of any other senior.

Are you kidding me...the guy is hung out to dry all night.  Miami was supposed to be bad and they dominated us all night.  Cam made some big saves.  This loss was solely on the players.  Berry needs to find line combos that work.  

What happened to JJ...he back on the shelf?  I’ve never seen so many players constantly hurt.  They only play fridays and Saturday’s...tons of time to heal up. Nhl players don’t get hurt this much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

At Christmas, I would have never believed this team would be in this position. If you look back, they only really had one bad weekend (Union). 

Knowing how they played earlier in this season, I'm not worried at all past this season. Some of us talk about this team not having "it" and I think that's the case. Giving up two goal leads in four of the past 8 games, their PK against Omaha / Duluth. It's hard to explain, they just couldn't put it together consistently, if it wasn't one thing, it was another. 

This was a long winded way of saying, I don't think they were that far off this year of being a very good team. We say it in the first half, just not sure what happened to them. Hey, they are still 14th in the Pairwise, which although disappointing, it could be a lot worse. 

They'll be back next year. 

I hope you're right, but we only used to talk about next year after losing in the frozen four.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gsiouxo said:

Probably fitting for this group.....deserve to end all of our post season streaks......zero heart....up 3-0 and piss it away in a must win....they are deserving of what they have worked for

It's a fitting end, but they don't deserve it.    Some of the blame goes back to the coaches, these guys didn't  just do this alone