SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Where was that defense when Hak "failed" with teams that had major injuries (Mark Mac being one that comes to mind)...

Is that a broad question or to me? I loved Hak.

It was easy to believe then because the team always got better as the yr went on, injuries or not. Was it 13-14 when they had about 8 skaters and won the regional in 2OT?

4 minutes ago, franchise said:

Is that a broad question or to me? I loved Hak.

It was easy to believe then because the team always got better as the yr went on, injuries or not. Was it 13-14 when they had about 8 skaters and won the regional in 2OT?

Broad question - not directed at you personally.  

The break out is not a problem when guys are skating hard. The D are very capable of making quick plays to move the puck. But there was about zero sustained offensive zone time last night. Guys were just not going for whatever reason. Win tonight however is necessary and move on...again.

14 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Yeah! At least with a Hak-coached team we could rely on UND getting into the tournament.

It was just the whole winning it all in the tournament where things get murky....

Yes but gotta get there to win it.  Once you get there anything can happen in just one game (good or bad).

47 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

The break out is not a problem when guys are skating hard. The D are very capable of making quick plays to move the puck. But there was about zero sustained offensive zone time last night. Guys were just not going for whatever reason. Win tonight however is necessary and move on...again.

This may very well be all or mostly true.  Which begs the question:  Why in the Wide Wide World of Sports can't this team get up to skating hard when the playoffs may very well be on the line and when your coach is Mr. Team Culture.  This is why there is so much frustration on this board.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Irish said:

This may very well be all or mostly true.  Which begs the question:  Why in the Wide Wide World of Sports can't this team get up to skating hard when the playoffs may very well be on the line and when your coach is Mr. Team Culture.  This is why there is so much frustration on this board.

Could be different reasons for everyone. Maybe team leadership. Yes, frustrating for fans, and I'm sure for the guys busting it every night.

It's frustrating to watch, but this team is not that far off from much better results.  Berry was pissed last night, made a reference on the radio to peewee hockey.  There will be lineup changes tonight-any news on JJ or Gardner?   Everything is still on the table for this team - home ice, getting into the tournament, and then who knows.  

Well, sigh, we blow 3-point leads, teeter on the bubble, and disagree as fans about what the problem is.  

But one thing we can all agree on.  Sioux fans are the smartest, most generous, best looking, manliest (but sensitive!) (or womaniest), fans in college hockey.  And modest to boot.  

No banners for all that, but there you go.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, franchise said:

At least there might be good hockey played in Sioux Falls. Good news for bigskyvikes when he buys my tickets.

Keep delaying....it shows how much of a  "man"  you really are..or lack thereof...:lol:  just keep waiting till you know the outcome to start cockin off..or tell me I got lucky!

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

...........oh no you didn't!

You and your buddy piss and moan if I'm on here telling you that you're overreacting...I stay away from miserable people's post's and then you two have wet dreams that I'm worried. Then they make it and I comment about it and you piss and moan that I'm "gloating"... remember last season?

You two crack me up, must be miserable being you...

...oh yeah you own a cabin somewhere...blah blah blah..:lol:

I.n.s.e.c.u.r.e

54 minutes ago, hky said:

It's frustrating to watch, but this team is not that far off from much better results.  Berry was pissed last night, made a reference on the radio to peewee hockey.  There will be lineup changes tonight-any news on JJ or Gardner?   Everything is still on the table for this team - home ice, getting into the tournament, and then who knows.  

Mid-February and Berry was "pissed?"  Well, it's about time, I'd say!

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Keep delaying....it shows how much of a  "man"  you really are..or lack thereof...:lol:  just keep waiting till you know the outcome to start cockin off..or tell me I got lucky!

You're actually lucky today!  I checked back and I can print them off now. 

$119.23 after fees

What's your preferred way to pay?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, John W. said:

Key to UND hockey fortunes is 'karma' as I've previously  stated.....for all the 'rednecks' who still cling to the 'Fighting Sue-sies'....nickname...(including the name of this board...which I like, except for the name)....come into the 21st Century and embrace the UND Fighting Hawks.....name and logo....and the hockey gods may change the fortune for the team...(are there still any 'Flickertails Forever' folks still alive!!!)

As much as I loved Sioux hockey while at UND I reluctantly agree it’s time to embrace the Fighting Hawks even if it’s not what I would have voted for. These players are young and barely remember even the last Olympics. They probably on average don’t care about the name  

They were recruited as Hawks and wear the jersey. It would be weird being a player while the fans chant another name as though that’s more important than them and the program. I might do them some good to hear it as it is 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, franchise said:

You're actually lucky today!  I checked back and I can print them off now. 

$119.23 after fees

What's your preferred way to pay?

Send me your number by pm and I'll call you right away. You're only a month late of me proving my point, but I will still follow through and make you look....

I'm waiting!

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

As much as I loved Sioux hockey while at UND I reluctantly agree it’s time to embrace the Fighting Hawks even if it’s not what I would have voted for. These players are young and barely remember even the last Olympics. They probably on average don’t care about the name  

They were recruited as Hawks and wear the jersey. It would be weird being a player while the fans chant another name as though that’s more important than them and the program. I might do them some good to hear it as it is 

Brad Berry (Mr anti Hawk name/logo), puts it in the players heads that they are the Sioux not the Hawks. You don’t see Bubba telling his players to play Sioux Football, or Brian Jones saying play Sioux basketball, and why? They aren’t the Sioux. That ended in 2012, these kids coming in aren’t playing under the Sioux name and logo they are playing under the Hawks name and logo. Maybe Berry needs a reality check just look at the name on that 2016 banner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

Good God, don't feed the trolls. Or are you just the same person and having a conversation with yourself? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1