SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Berry know hockey, but I wonder if he is too soft sometimes. Hak had an edge. He wasn’t players best friend, he was their coach, and it showed. 

This opinion has nothing to do with Berry, but I was never in the Fire Hak crowd...and if the NHL doesn’t work out long term for him, I’d love to see him back at UND!

I've been thinking this too.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Berry know hockey, but I wonder if he is too soft sometimes. Hak had an edge. He wasn’t players best friend, he was their coach, and it showed. 

This opinion has nothing to do with Berry, but I was never in the Fire Hak crowd...and if the NHL doesn’t work out long term for him, I’d love to see him back at UND!

Maybe Berry was good cop to Haks bad cop. Now we have no one to play bad cop anymore.

At least on the post game Berry didn’t use the “we need to be able to put back to back games together because you do in the tourney”.  It did irk me that he said Miami had their backs to the wall because they lost five in a row.   They had nothing to play for, and you guys are on the bubble all the way around and hadn’t put together a good Friday in forever.  Hakstol would have been livid, Berry, not so much.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, tnt said:

At least on the post game Berry didn’t use the “we need to be able to put back to back games together because you do in the tourney”.  It did irk me that he said Miami had their backs to the wall because they lost five in a row.   They had nothing to play for, and you guys are on the bubble all the way around and hadn’t put together a Good Friday in forever.  Hakstol would have been livid, Berry, not so much.  

Berry is like Bubba. Great guys, but lack that edge.

Berry always talks about how close knit this group is, but if that was the case would they really put out performances like they have?  

That 16' group was close, but this team just seems to lack any type of consistency....no real meshing of any of the lines outside of the Simo line. 

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

At least on the post game Berry didn’t use the “we need to be able to put back to back games together because you do in the tourney”.  It did irk me that he said Miami had their backs to the wall because they lost five in a row.   They had nothing to play for, and you guys are on the bubble all the way around and hadn’t put together a Good Friday in forever.  Hakstol would have been livid, Berry, not so much.  

Heard that too..........was really taken aback by that. Sh***y team always have their backs against the wall because they aren't any good. Maybe a mirror in the UND locker room would be beneficial.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There have been some bad losses this year but this is #1 IMO

Yup this was rock bottom.  Team is getting worse and more inconsistent.  They’ll win tomorrow, but this team is no where near good enough to do anything in March.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Does Berry have the stones to change , players, coaches and or philosophy?

I doubt it - he hasn't appeared to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with anyone this year.  If he has it didn't take.  Our crappy play has gotten worse as the season went on.  This is about as far away from "Sioux Hockey" as you can get.  Berry needs to figure it out and right soon - Time to take a hard look at things and clean house where needed.  Another couple of years of this and we will be looking for someone to rebuild our program instead of take over.  

• Upvote 1

Is there any reason to play Cam anymore?  Given the fact the Thome has shown he is a decent goalie (better IMHO) why not ride him since the wheels have long since come off this bus anyhow.  This team has shown it has no guts...  lazy play, wanting the next guy to pick up the slack...  Even if they somehow make the tourney they have shown they have no business being there.  No grit, no heart...  Berry needs to look to next year to correct this mentality and the first way to do that would be to get Thome more playing time.

• Upvote 1