SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Da Griz

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, homer said:

I think UND did it on purpose.  Bubba read your posts this week and thought "I'll show him".  

That sounds about right. Go UND. This game might actually be uglier than the 2015 matchup in Missoula. So much for improvement. Hey, Studsrud missed that game too, but don't worry, remember that only in 2017 will injuries be an issue. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, iramurphy said:

So do you know anything about sports medicine?  What are the responsibilities of the sports medicine staff?  How do they interact with the coaching staff, the athletes and strength and conditioning coach?  Medical staff planning?  What the hell are you talking about?  Isn't this the same medical staff that takes care of the other UND athletes?  Which type of injuries are you referring to when you refer to "this type of injury situation", Doctor?  Who should lose their job and why?  Be specific please.  

I think the injuries are certainly a factor and I think the coaching staff will review the season and where mistakes were made and how to improve, just like they do after every game.  Bubba will need to decide if anyone needs to go at the end of the season.  Typically, the strength and conditioning and medical support has a year end review as well. I'm sure they all would appreciate your expertise.  Are you willing to donate hundreds of hours as a team physician to upgrade what our staff does or is that something you really know nothing about????

I don't know anything about the players conditioning how do I find out, or do you have inside information not available to others?  Maybe you know what you are talking about but I would need to be convinced. 

You figured you'd take the odds with your criticism; that does work most of the time. I'm not going to respond with a lecture, although it sounds you would like one. There are multiple factors at play here, and the sports medicine staff is certainly only a component of everything. Do you think medical assessments and plans are not variable, and thus, susceptible to error? Well, they are. It's possible such error occurred. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. I won't disclose any personal details, but make sure you are willing to consider all possibilities before you initiate personal criticism. My criticism was directed at the entire unit being UND football, which includes the sports medicine staff. If you want to defend them, so be it, but the results of this season warrant some questioning. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, someone who uses a pedestal on here so frequently would move to personal subjection on a UND athletics forum. If this was a medical forum, I'd be pleased to teach you something, Ira. 

Let's see where today and the rest of the season goes. My support won't waiver. I'm just disappointed as well as loyal to a fault.

Go UND

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Hopefully this version of the offensive line continues to gel and we get some traction on the ground. I'll be watching Hunt (ILB) and the safeties really closely, hoping for some 3 and outs and bend, but not break for the red zone defense. Honestly, I'm just hoping for some improvement out of the young guys and a semi-respectable showing. Just don't get blown out. 

Even with the Studs news this still works, it's about the O-Line and with Stewart not making the trip, the 2 freshman safeties.

24 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You figured you'd take the odds with your criticism; that does work most of the time. I'm not going to respond with a lecture, although it sounds you would like one. There are multiple factors at play here, and the sports medicine staff is certainly only a component of everything. Do you think medical assessments and plans are not variable, and thus, susceptible to error? Well, they are. It's possible such error occurred. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. I won't disclose any personal details, but make sure you are willing to consider all possibilities before you initiate personal criticism. My criticism was directed at the entire unit being UND football, which includes the sports medicine staff. If you want to defend them, so be it, but the results of this season warrant some questioning. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, someone who uses a pedestal on here so frequently would move to personal subjection on a UND athletics forum. If this was a medical forum, I'd be pleased to teach you something, Ira. 

Let's see where today and the rest of the season goes. My support won't waiver. I'm just disappointed as well as loyal to a fault.

Go UND

You're a MD?  You may want to click on Ira and check his bio. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This isn't just bad luck. The program is a joke this season due to poor planning, conditioning, and medical staff planning. The whole works is to blame partially. This type of injury situation isn't just misfortune. A section of the staff or perhaps even more needs to lose their job. UND deserves better than this choke job. Everyone in the GF area was finally ready to get on the bandwagon and bring UND football to new heights and then we get this !@#$. Unreal.  

This issue needs to be examined thoroughly after the season.  There has been more wrong than just bad luck.  Bubba trying to get control back.

29 minutes ago, sprig said:

You're a MD?  You may want to click on Ira and check his bio. 

Thanks for the tip. It doesn't change anything; I'm not looking to personally criticize posters on a UND athletics board. My criticism was directed towards just that: UND athletics, particularly the football program.