SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?

best0186

3 minutes ago, UND85 said:

Is there a promo code to get a discount on the package this year? Thanks

NCHC did not have their early bird special this year.  Some people said there was a short lived Black Friday discount but I never saw anything.

I watched the game on my computer today.  I thought the picture quality was very good and the camera work was also good.   I was concerned the production would be very substandard compared to watching UND home games, but was pleasantly surprised and am glad I got the NCTV package.

21 hours ago, Goon said:

Bought a Chromecast connection for my TV from Best Buy. It’s fabulous. 

9CFA960C-56DB-4E3D-ADBC-5ECC68E604A3.jpeg

Love using Chromecast via IPhone but it still won't cast games from the NCHCtv app on my phone. Worked last year. Still no response from Sidearm. No issues casting from any other apps. Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

Love using Chromecast via IPhone but it still won't cast games from the NCHCtv app on my phone. Worked last year. Still no response from Sidearm. No issues casting from any other apps. Am I missing something?

I am with you. I can't get my iPad or iPhone to cast. So, I don't know what the problem is. 

One thing that I noticed on Twitter last night was the Roku folks were having a tough time. My Chromecast setup worked great. 

My $200 dollar Chromebook and my Chromecast app on the TV and there it was. I would endorse that product. 

Supposedly they have the Roku app fixed. Here is their email to me today...

"If you have updated your NCHC.tv Roku app in the last 48 hours, our sincerest apologies for the temporary inconvenience. 

However, we were able to re-activate the previous version of the app which will allow you to successfully watch NCHC.tv live games. 

Please update your Roku app before you watch the next live game

Thank you for your continued patience and please let us know if you are still encountering issues.

Respectfully,"

3 hours ago, thUNDer said:

your first sentence is confusing...."love casting from your iphone but it won't work from your "phone"..."...by buddy had a problem casting from his iphone...the cast icon was gray...n/a! the emailed and said there was a problem with the app....

22 hours ago, NoDak Fan said:

Anyone having issues with NCTV? I can watch games just fine with my subscription on the computer, phone.

I can't watch on Roku. The site has games listed at the wrong times. I can't access live games. Trying to watch Duluth-Denver. Bizarre?

buddy had same issue...worthless app sometimes...perfect the next...he tried to cast from his iphone and the cast icon was gray and didn't do anything? nchc.tv said they did have a problme during the game.

18 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your first sentence is confusing...."love casting from your iphone but it won't work from your "phone"..."...by buddy had a problem casting from his iphone...the cast icon was gray...n/a! the emailed and said there was a problem with the app....

Yeah, another senior moment, sorry. Sidearm sent email indicating they are working on it and will update their progress next week.