SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

If you were to list the top 5 guys you would not want injured/not on roster for 2017 (including Harris and Grady) who would that be?   Grady and Harris surely would be in the top 5 for most, sucks having two of the top 5 potentially not on the roster for 2017 and the season hasn't even started yet, heck practice hasn't even started yet!.  Granted Grady wasn't on roster last year but sure sounded like he would be back and we were all expecting it up until recently.  

Just now, Sioux94 said:

If you were to list the top 5 guys you would not want injured/not on roster for 2017 (including Harris and Grady) who would that be?   Grady and Harris surely would be in the top 5 for most, sucks having two of the top 5 potentially not on the roster for 2017 and the season hasn't even started yet, heck practice hasn't even started yet!.  Granted Grady wasn't on roster last year but sure sounded like he would be back and we were all expecting it up until recently.  

1. Reyes

2. Harris

3. Grady

Not giving up hope on Grady.  Glad we have one more year with Harris next year.

5 minutes ago, Big Green said:

1. Reyes

2. Harris

3. Grady

Not giving up hope on Grady.  Glad we have one more year with Harris next year.

1. Reyes - I think he would probably be everybody's #1

2  Studs - We may have a decent backup now though, which hopefully we do which could move him out of the top 5. 

3. Harris

4. Grady

5. D Rodgers

As talented as Santiago is, speaks to the depth at RB that we could survive without him.  However if Rudy ends up putting him all over the field he may become almost as important as when he was a freshman. 

4 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Some interesting notes from Tom Miller.

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2017/08/01/und-media-day-marks-the-start-of-football-season/

News about Grady does not sound good.  Strange to have Disterhaupt listed at 2 spots in the 2-deep.

Disterhaupt is a workhorse.  I'd bet he rotates back and forth a bit from inside to outside within a game.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

So this Grady guy, you all seem to be talking like he is a major impact to the team. Is this considered a big loss?

O-lineman.  Played as a true freshman and had some folks thinking possible NFL type guy with his athletic ability for a guy of his size.

I'm not sure if it's a huge loss because it always seemed like a 50/50 of whether the kid would actually be back on the team this year with the rumors floating around.  I'll vote on the side of definitely a loss for our football team. 

37 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

So this Grady guy, you all seem to be talking like he is a major impact to the team. Is this considered a big loss?

Ton of potential but had had some personal stuff to handle. Left the team last year and a lot of people were hyped about him announcing his return this season. Now looking like he won't be back. Didn't have him last season, so can't say he will be missed, but would have been nice to have.

big, strong, tough, was a boxing champ.

want to see something funny, good his HS hudl tape.. I believe it made an appearance on deadspin because it was kind of funny to see him run over people.

edit: http://deadspin.com/watch-a-giant-high-school-football-player-dominate-his-1683997196

I would be baffled if he went to Minot State to play football. What would the point be? If he supposedly is dealing with personal issues, then what is the difference between committing to football in Minot or Grand Forks? Either way, it takes time, effort and commitment.

I'm sure the kid is going through things, and I wouldn't want to second guess that. But, it also sounds like he just isn't that motivated by football to want to commit to the time and work. And if that is the case, that is fine too, college sports are not for everyone. I considered sports in college and then decided it wasn't for me either. So long as he understands most kids don't get a second chance, and there won't be a third.

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I would be baffled if he went to Minot State to play football. What would the point be? If he supposedly is dealing with personal issues, then what is the difference between committing to football in Minot or Grand Forks? Either way, it takes time, effort and commitment.

I'm sure the kid is going through things, and I wouldn't want to second guess that. But, it also sounds like he just isn't that motivated by football to want to commit to the time and work. And if that is the case, that is fine too, college sports are not for everyone. I considered sports in college and then decided it wasn't for me either. So long as he understands most kids don't get a second chance, and there won't be a third.

He would need to be granted his release. That will probably not happen given how things have transpired.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He would need to be granted his release. That will probably not happen given how things have transpired.

Makes sense, I hadn't thought about that. Still strange how this all transpired. Disappointing, but the O-Line will still should look improved over last year. I'm more disappoint about the Harris loss than Grady, but whatever. Can't wait to see which freshman step up on D, and how some of the new additions look on O.