SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

-Rastas should be in two deep.  

- Agree with most ....do not like Reyes in PR duties. He and Donnell  are the two most important players per depth issues IMO.  Need to keep him on the field at safety and only safety!  risky call as far as I'm concerned.  Has a history of injuries the way it is.  Hard to believe no one else could step up and fill in   

- the rest looks good  

36 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

-Rastas should be in two deep.  

- Agree with most ....do not like Reyes in PR duties. He and Donnell  are the two most important players per depth issues IMO.  Need to keep him on the field at safety and only safety!  risky call as far as I'm concerned.  Has a history of injuries the way it is.  Hard to believe no one else could step up and fill in   

- the rest looks good  

I like Rastas as well. Still very light though. The nice thing about LB is the cream quickly rises in game situations. 

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I like Rastas as well. Still very light though. The nice thing about LB is the cream quickly rises in game situations. 

Noah and Donnell have some girth the rest of the LB crew is pretty light  

the few practices I've attended Geier didn't stand out to me...I feel rastas was more involved and should have his two deep spot.  But like you mentioned it should work it self out in the end. 

Cant wait for Thursday ! 

8 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Noah and Donnell have some girth the rest of the LB crew is pretty light  

the few practices I've attended Geier didn't stand out to me...I feel rastas was more involved and should have his two deep spot.  But like you mentioned it should work it self out in the end. 

Cant wait for Thursday ! 

Rastas has linebacking in his blood. He just seems to find the ball. Geier is still learning the position.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:17 AM, Sioux94 said:

Just watched the Richmond game from last year.  I should have stopped the tape with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter........Ugh that final 19 minutes is tough to watch.  Remembered momentum shifting after the running into the kicker, forgot we also got a punt blocked in the 4th quarter as well which gave them 3 points.  Sure hope the special teams figures sh*t out this year, because punt team last year was horrible.

Think I'll need to watch some more positive highlights tomorrow or later this week.

How about the old double reverse?

On 8/25/2017 at 10:16 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That game still hurts, so many things went wrong in the last 19 minutes, or if just a few would of went the other way. Hopefully is an experience that helps build the team.

Perhaps the worst collapse I have ever seen in a playoff game.  It had everything - absolute bonehead plays, poor execution, horrible special teams, questionable play calling, and the whole team appearing to just stand around and watch it slide away.  It is a tribute to how much goodwill Bubba built up in just a couple of years that there wasn't more blowback from this epic fiasco.  At many schools a couple of assistants would be gone or feeling a lot of heat.  

5 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

Really random, but does anyone have a photo of the student section and the old "Sack City" sign they used to have?

I don't have pics of the old sign but made a new one two years ago and have had it at most games.  It will be at all home games this year - and it might make it to SUU also.