SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Bemidji State - SATURDAY GAMEDAY ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I seem to recall a young Chay Genoway with a -5 Saturday evening against UNH or Maine a number of years ago...that was a rough weekend.  Worse than that?

He wasn't minus five bad because I don't think he got five shifts to be honest. :D

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wilke has to start to doing something....... anything. JJ and Hoff are playing too well this early in the season not to have a 3rd capable linemate. He came in as a big time goal scorer.

"Buehler...............Buehler.............."

Oxy- so negative following a sweep...I do think Simo to that line and Wilkie to the 4th line

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Solid"?  As in diarrhea.......or a smoothie??  :huh: We obviously were watching different games last night? Bottom line Peski sees very little ice when Wolanin gets back and everyone on the blue line stays healthy. 

You are way too worked up after a sweep.  Young kids, more likely than not, will get better .  Peski was a solid prospect.  Good ushl player last year.

• Upvote 4

Yon on the second line worked very well.  

Lost in Boeser's monster show was a great performance by Gersich and another quietly productive performance by Jost.  

Jost is not flashy, but he is perfect in how he plays the game.  Reminds me of Toews in that way.  Which is who he is oft compared to.  I see it.

Pool man is an NHL/ top AHL pairing player.  Probably the best d in the league.

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

You are way too worked up after a sweep.  Young kids, more likely than not, will get better .  Peski was a solid prospect.  Good ushl player last year.

I agree. Prior to Friday's game, Peski had been solid. He had a rough night, confidence took a hit.  I'm willing to cut him some slack 5 games into the season. 

Honestly though, IMO, when Wolanin went out with injury they should have never had Peski and Johnson on a D pairing. 

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Being blunt but can not ever recall a UND D-man with a worse weekend then Peski. Casey still looks lost in good chuncks too but looked better last night. Wolanin needs to be ready next weekend hopefully. Gage is struggling too. The Poolmans are rock solid and Shaw was steady.

Bowen at D? If not he shouldn't be a healthy forward scratch from here on out. 

Need a wing to play with the Euros. Bowen there?  

Maybe try Yon with the Euros?

Peski was better last night.  I think the D pairings and ice time were better managed too.  Maybe Gage is hurt?

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It is a brutal stretch but I think our team will grow a lot through it even if a few Ls are sprinkled in. Thankfully we started 5-0-0. 

Agreed, and everyone should be fine with a few losses coming up (maybe losses), but this place will blow up for sure!

If they have 3 losses in the next 4 series everyone should be happy, four in the next 4 maybe a little upset with a Denver loss at home, but it is Denver and they are good! It wouldn't surprise me if they come to the REA with a chip on their shoulders.

Tough road ahead, can't wait to watch it!

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I had us 5-0 after 5 and 9-4 after 13....I guess we will see how the next 8 play out.....I see a lot of splits and this early in the season I am alright with that as long as the team continues to improve.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if we go 4-4 over the next eight?

I'd hoped to see Tomek a little by now.  We will lose some hockey games in the next month or so, and we will probably look inept in some.   Some fans will be looking for goats.  But the right culture is there and I have faith that the staff will get the best out of them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

I'd hoped to see Tomek a little by now.  We will lose some hockey games in the next month or so, and we will probably look inept in some.   Some fans will be looking for goats.  But the right culture is there and I have faith that the staff will get the best out of them. 

I think the goats have already been picked.

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Heads will roll over a split in Minneapolis.

Yeah, but even being able to practice on Olympic size sheet, I find it hard to believe the freshmen defensemen won't struggle with gapping at Mariucci.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Honorary Ss.com 2016-2017 goat list:

1. peski

2.  Wilkie

I'll bite........and FYP.

Peski might be a prospect but he was outmatched nearly every shift this weekend...when he did play. He sat the last 35 minutes Friday. Was spot shifted and didn't play another shift last night after his tripping penalty in the 3rd helped BSU to a goal. Chartrand looked decent vs. Manitoba. Would think he would be an option if Wolanin can't go next weekend. In fairness I thought C. Johnson looked better as the weekend went on.

Wilkie came in as a goal scorer. He has 5G 6A in 37 games to date. He had 2G 2A in one game  last season so my math says he has gone 3G 4A...7 points in 36 games minus the one 4 point game. In no way am I saying he should sit but at some point a player is what who is at this level. I'm hopeful he finds his offensive upside yet his body of work is what it is to date. 

I'm excited we are 5-0. I believe this team has a chance to get to Chicago and then it's just 2 games. The season zips by fast so some guys do need to figure it out sooner than later. A #1 seed in Fargo regional will be a big deal IMO.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm excited we are 5-0. I believe this team has a chance to get to Chicago and then it's just 2 games. The season zips by fast so some guys do need to figure it out sooner than later. A #1 seed in Fargo regional will be a big deal IMO.

Agreed....but just getting to Fargo will be huge with the home crowd.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Heads will roll over a split in Minneapolis.

12 hours ago, tnt said:

Yeah, but even being able to practice on Olympic size sheet, I find it hard to believe the freshmen defensemen won't struggle with gapping at Mariucci.  

I was being facetious - no matter what the records are, Minnesota and North Dakota are rivals and you can toss those out the window.  In a normal year, a split at Mariucci would be considered a great weekend.  However, lots of fans now view the Gophers as a Minnesota Class A high school team, so anything less than 5-0 and 6-1 wins will be reason to set SiouxSports.com on fire.  

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was being facetious - no matter what the records are, Minnesota and North Dakota are rivals and you can toss those out the window.  In a normal year, a split at Mariucci would be considered a great weekend.  However, lots of fans now view the Gophers as a Minnesota Class A high school team, so anything less than 5-0 and 6-1 wins will be reason to set SiouxSports.com on fire.  

I know that's what you were getting at, but just wanted to throw out there another reason why it won't be easy to win in Mariucci.  I think we have the same kind of problem sweeping Minnesota there as we do at St. Cloud.   Too lazy to look it up, but not a lot of sweeps outside of the Toews, Oshie year.