SiouxSports.com Forum

Bring back Hak?

bigskyvikes

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did u watch the video...it speaks for itself on the style of play of said coach that has never ever won a championship at any level ever as an adult.

3 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Why are we still talking about him? He will always be remembered for not hanging a natty banner and being our Doug woog. 

IMG_0338.JPG

• Upvote 2

I don't think like that

I think players liked playing for him & respected him

I think players love playing for Berry - Both are Great Coaches

I can see Berry becoming a NHL coach someday - especially if Hak does well in NHL

Hak is to UND...what Woog is to MN....great analogy.....both have their devotees...neither won a Natty...

Dave never won a national title as either player or coach?  Did the Woogster win one as a player with Gophers...??

Bud Grant never won the big one either....great motivator of men...not great with X's and O's...

They are what they are...that's why they keep score....

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

watch the youtube video of the last 30 seconds of the bu semi finals game two years ago...look at jordan schmaltz...watch how he sits on the blue line afraid to go FORWARD and ATTACK...he shouldve been banging away against the boards trying to SCORE...he just stood there!!!  cue last year against quinny....watch paul ladue do a tape to tape pass late in game from almost behind his own net...night and day difference...

one attacking style wins a natty and the other doesn't

When I used to talk about this, people wanted me to point out concrete examples to back up my point. Here you have a concrete example pointed out by someone......and those same people ignore it.

Funny how that works.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

When I used to talk about this, people wanted me to point out concrete examples to back up my point. Here you have a concrete example pointed out by someone......and those same people ignore it.

Funny how that works.

"Concrete example":lol: so was that ONE example a poor decision by a player or a player following orders? Or did the exact situation make that decision, did one player have a little more "balls" then the other?

Everything that comes together to win the Natty didn't happen for Hak and that is unfortunate, but it is NOT because of him. I think he was very reluctant to leave because of the writing on the wall. It took 3 offers before he agreed to leave is what I read.

With that said, I hope Berry gets back to back Natty's and more! I'm already saving up for Chicago!

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Two of the more gutless posts I have ever read on this site.  

SIOUXFAN97, how many NHL Hall of Famers never won the Stanley Cup?  

gfhickey, how many good college coaches never won a natty?

My guess is neither of you two fine "athletes" ever made it out of mites or t-ball and feel the need to spout off your Hakstol opinions to overcompensate for that.  

Right on Mafia!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Two of the more gutless posts I have ever read on this site.  

SIOUXFAN97, how many NHL Hall of Famers never won the Stanley Cup?  

gfhickey, how many good college coaches never won a natty?

My guess is neither of you two fine "athletes" ever made it out of mites or t-ball and feel the need to spout off your Hakstol opinions to overcompensate for that.  

With all due respect, nothing either of them said was false. If they truly were "gutless", they wouldn't have posted their comments at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Doug woog is in the US hockey hall of fame.....Didn't say either he or Hak were bad people or poor coaches....just that neither Woog, Hak or Bud Grant could close the deal..........

Al Davis and Hank Stram were less than stellar, character wise....but both won 'the big game'.....that's their  legacy....If Hak

wins the Stanley at some point.....that'll be his legacy....

Some Sioux sniffers....really are thinskinned....chill baby chill....and be thankful for Berry

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

Did hak win a championship as an assistant?

Started at UND in 2000-01, year after we won the natty.  Was coaching in the USHL prior to that and I don't think he ever made the playoffs.  Won a lot of conference championships with UND, obviously.

• Upvote 1