SiouxSports.com Forum

Bring back Hak?

bigskyvikes

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Cheap shot.  I have never respected people who hide behind blogs and cheap shot people who are in the mix.  Hakstol was and is a great coach.  I tend to give more credence to the players who played for him than fans on a blog.  The ones I talked to thought fans who didn't think he was a great coach were clueless. He earned the job here and he earned the job in Philly.  He put his team in a position to win it all year after year.  Time will tell in Philly. You don't make crap remarks about someone's family especially when you don't know what you are talking about. Gutless, no class post. 

I agree with Ira here. What's with the cheap shots? It's easy to be an internet warrior hiding behind a computer screen acting tough and making a bunch of classless statements. I'd bet any money that Hakstol is actually tougher than most of us. I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but Hak played his last season of professional hockey on a bum knee. I like how some think that Hak only got his job because his father-in-law worked in the alumni department. In case anyone forgot, former head coach Dean Blais recommended Hakstol when he left for the NHL. Dean was a pretty good coach when he was at UND. I think he's done pretty well in his other stops. 

If Hakstol was fired in Philly, he'd be snatched up in a minute. Don't kid yourselves. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/22/2016 at 9:56 AM, MafiaMan said:

LOL!  One week into the NHL season?  

Hakstol received rave reviews for coaching a pretty sub-par Philly team to the playoffs last year.  But let's whine about him not winning the Stanley Cup, I guess.

Some people just seem to hate Hak. How they can blame him for not winning a natty when he's the reason they had the chance in the first place makes me wonder. I agree with others that what the current and past players say about him holds more truth than someone who sits at their keyboard and watches from the stands thinks. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2016 at 5:46 PM, Goon said:

I agree with Ira here. What's with the cheap shots? It's easy to be an internet warrior hiding behind a computer screen acting tough and making a bunch of classless statements. I'd bet any money that Hakstol is actually tougher than most of us. I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but Hak played his last season of professional hockey on a bum knee. I like how some think that Hak only got his job because his father-in-law worked in the alumni department. In case anyone forgot, former head coach Dean Blais recommended Hakstol when he left for the NHL. Dean was a pretty good coach when he was at UND. I think he's done pretty well in his other stops. 

If Hakstol was fired in Philly, he'd be snatched up in a minute. Don't kid yourselves. 

tough guys don't drive RANGE ROVERS!!

2 hours ago, Sioux Hawky said:

Some people just seem to hate Hak. How they can blame him for not winning a natty when he's the reason they had the chance in the first place makes me wonder. I agree with others that what the current and past players say about him holds more truth than someone who sits at their keyboard and watches from the stands thinks. 

They'd hate Jesus Christ if he was coaching and didn't win a Natty. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hockey people, including hundreds of former players, people who actually make their living off of hockey, would judge a person's hockey intelligence by their opinion of Hak.  

When I hear people jaw jacking about Hak being a bad coach....I just kind of smile and walk away, dismissing their opinion as one would the galactic theorizing of a meth addict telling astronauts about outer space.

I've never, NEVER, encountered an actual worthwhile successfully intelligent person in the hockey community that didnt respect the hell out of Dave's coaching abilities.

People like to blame him for losing in the frozen four but not respect him for always getting us in a position to actually win the frozen four and be a top team year in and out for a decade.  I can only imagine how fast people will turn on Berry if we ever miss the playoffs or something :lol:.

15 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hockey people, including hundreds of former players, people who actually make their living off of hockey, would judge a person's hockey intelligence by their opinion of Hak.  

When I hear people jaw jacking about Hak being a bad coach....I just kind of smile and walk away, dismissing their opinion as one would the galactic theorizing of a meth addict telling astronauts about outer space.

I've never, NEVER, encountered an actual worthwhile successfully intelligent person in the hockey community that didnt respect the hell out of Dave's coaching abilities.

watch the youtube video of the last 30 seconds of the bu semi finals game two years ago...look at jordan schmaltz...watch how he sits on the blue line afraid to go FORWARD and ATTACK...he shouldve been banging away against the boards trying to SCORE...he just stood there!!!  cue last year against quinny....watch paul ladue do a tape to tape pass late in game from almost behind his own net...night and day difference...

one attacking style wins a natty and the other doesn't

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

watch the youtube video of the last 30 seconds of the bu semi finals game two years ago...look at jordan schmaltz...watch how he sits on the blue line afraid to go FORWARD and ATTACK...he shouldve been banging away against the boards trying to SCORE...he just stood there!!!  cue last year against quinny....watch paul ladue do a tape to tape pass late in game from almost behind his own net...night and day difference...

one attacking style wins a natty and the other doesn't

Case. In. Point.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3