SiouxSports.com Forum

Bring back Hak?

bigskyvikes

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So those two posters deserve some sort of medal of honor for posting that BS?  "Having guts" would be saying that to Hakstol's face next time they bump into him.  Anonymously sitting behind a keyboard spouting off on the internet is hardly courageous.

If Doug Woog is a crummy coach simply because he never won a natty, then Dan Marino should be kicked out of the NFL Hall of Fame immediately and be replaced by Super Bowl champion QB Trent Dilfer.

Mike Eaves...a better coach than Dave Hakstol on the basis of winning one natty?  I think of him more as the guy who ran Wisconsin hockey into the ground.

I never said any of these things, but please feel free to continue pontificating if that floats your boat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Doug woog is in the US hockey hall of fame.....Didn't say either he or Hak were bad people or poor coaches....just that neither Woog, Hak or Bud Grant could close the deal..........

Al Davis and Hank Stram were less than stellar, character wise....but both won 'the big game'.....that's their  legacy....If Hak

wins the Stanley at some point.....that'll be his legacy....

Some Sioux sniffers....really are thinskinned....chill baby chill....and be thankful for Berry

Was this all bolded for emphasis?;)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Doug woog is in the US hockey hall of fame.....Didn't say either he or Hak were bad people or poor coaches....just that neither Woog, Hak or Bud Grant could close the deal..........

Al Davis and Hank Stram were less than stellar, character wise....but both won 'the big game'.....that's their  legacy....If Hak

wins the Stanley at some point.....that'll be his legacy....

Some Sioux sniffers....really are thinskinned....chill baby chill....and be thankful for Berry

Why are you injecting common sense into a perfectly good b!tchfest? :p;)

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Siouxfan97, gfhockey and anyone else who has bashed Hak know nothing about hockey and it shows with each post. UND's program would not be where it was at today (and last year national championship) if it wasn't for Hakstol. We UND fans are quick to bash Lucia because he won back to back titles and our rebuttle is "he did it with Woog's players". 
You couch coaches can sit there and try to analyze any game you want to but in reality, you have no idea what you are looking for. That's why you are at home watching the game and Hakstol is on the bench coaching (in the NHL now). 

He also did it with two North Dakota boys, whom Woog would never, ever have recruited because they lived in the "wrong state". Yeah, he had some of Woog's leftover players, but he also brought in some players of his own. Blais won the 1997 NCAA title with some leftovers from the Gino regime, but I don't think anybody questions who turned the program around and that it likely would not have happened if Blais hadn't been hired in 1994.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So those two posters deserve some sort of medal of honor for posting that BS?  "Having guts" would be saying that to Hakstol's face next time they bump into him.  Anonymously sitting behind a keyboard spouting off on the internet is hardly courageous.

If Doug Woog is a crummy coach simply because he never won a natty, then Dan Marino should be kicked out of the NFL Hall of Fame immediately and be replaced by Super Bowl champion QB Trent Dilfer.

Mike Eaves...a better coach than Dave Hakstol on the basis of winning one natty?  I think of him more as the guy who ran Wisconsin hockey into the ground.

If this is the standard we are going to use for criticizing someone on this forum, then we are all 100% guilty as charged of this "crime". Hakstol was well-paid at UND and is even more well-paid with the Flyers and thus understands that criticism goes with the job. But some people think there is no place for it.

To each their own.

35 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He also did it with two North Dakota boys, whom Woog would never, ever have recruited because they lived in the "wrong state". Yeah, he had some of Woog's leftover players, but he also brought in some players of his own. Blais won the 1997 NCAA title with some leftovers from the Gino regime, but I don't think anybody questions who turned the program around and that it likely would not have happened if Blais hadn't been hired in 1994.

Last time I checked the roster it was just Grant Potulny who was on the roster when they went back to back. And last-time I checked it was Blais who didn't think Grant would be a good player at UND...

10 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Last time I checked the roster it was just Grant Potulny who was on the roster when they went back to back. And last-time I checked it was Blais who didn't think Grant would be a good player at UND...

I forgot to mention Thomas Vanek, who helped them win their second title in 2003. Another player who would never, ever have been part of the program if Woog was still in charge of it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I forgot to mention Thomas Vanek, who helped them win their second title in 2003. Another player who would never, ever have been part of the program if Woog was still in charge of it.

I missed the era when Minnesota didn't recruit the best available players. Minnesota really needs to go back to evaluating players where they live.:lol:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Please close thread. No reason to keep talking about Hak

yes he rose conference trophys but couldn't make the big one his and that's what he will be remembered for 

I hope you don't attend games in Grand Forks wearing Parise, Toews, Oshie, McIntyre, Duncan, or Genoway jerseys.  After all, you wouldn't want to affiliate yourself with Sioux "losers," right?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I hope you don't attend games in Grand Forks wearing Parise, Toews, Oshie, McIntyre, Duncan, or Genoway jerseys.  After all, you wouldn't want to affiliate yourself with Sioux "losers," right?  

Don't forget Greene, Stafford, Porter, Forbort, Kristo, Vande, Bochenski, Zajac, or Chorney

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Only thing that matters is nattys

Says the poster who likely only owns a nice set of participation awards and trophies for any sport he's played.  Well, unless you count the being in the Gold Medal Club at the King of Diamonds...