SiouxSports.com Forum

Revenge is a dish best served cold: UND vs. ISU

siouxfan512

I expect to see a ton of blitzing this week to get to ISU's QB. ISU's offense is all pass, and I don't think we will have any issue containing the run, but we MUST limit or eliminate the BIG plays. UND's running back committee should gouge the Bengals this week, and if they want to play an all-out run defense, it is very nice to know that Keaton has built some chemistry with his WRs. Toivenen looks good, but I’m am so impressed with Wanzek; The kid just does not drop the ball. Would love to see some more jump balls to him in the back of the endzone (similar to the TD he had against Cal Poly.

Any news on Stanley? Hoping Reyes will be back to help shut down the pass attack from ISU, if not Flowers needs to be out there a lot. Definitely would like another marginal victory. I’m going to say the offense continues rolling.

48-20 The Good Guys! Stay health boys!

SCORING OFFENSE            G    TD    FG    XPT    2XP    DXP    Saf    Points    Avg/G
6.    North Dakota                  7      27     9       24        0         0       1         215        30.7
12.    Idaho State                   6      18     1       15        1         0       1         130         21.7

SCORING DEFENSE            G    TD    FG    XPT    2XP    DXP    Saf    Points    Avg/G
2.    North Dakota                  7     19      8      15        0        0        0          153         21.9
9.    Idaho State                     6     29      7      28        1        0        1           227        37.8

TOTAL DEFENSE                 G    Rush    Pass    Plays    Yards    Avg/P    TD    Avg/G
2.    North Dakota                  7      803      1688     484       2491        5.1      17    355.9
10.    Idaho State                   6     1357     1486     452       2843        6.3      27    473.8

RUSHING OFFENSE            G    Att    Yards    Avg.    TD    Yards/G
2.    North Dakota                  7    320    1551    4.8        15    221.6
13.    Idaho State                  6    180     778      4.3          9    129.7

RUSHING DEFENSE            G    Att    Yards    Avg.    TD    Yards/G
1.    North Dakota                  7    244    803       3.3        5      114.7
11.    Idaho State                   6    255    1357     5.3       16      226.2

PASS OFFENSE            G    Comp    Att    Int      Pct.    Yards    Avg.    TD    Avg/G
7.    Idaho State             6     143        244    8       58.6    1361     5.6        8      226.8
9.    North Dakota          7     108        179    1       60.3    1365     7.6        9      195.0

PASS DEFENSE            G    Comp    Att    Int      Pct.    Yards    Avg.    TD    Avg/G
6.    North Dakota          7    132        240    13      55.0    1688      7.0      12      241.1
7.    Idaho State             6    108        197     6       54.8    1486      7.5      11      247.7

TIME OF POSSESSION        G    Poss. Time    Avg/G
1.    North Dakota                  7        236:59          33:51
10.    Idaho State                   6        168:58          28:09

Gained                             Lost    
TURNOVER MARGIN            G    Fumb    Int    Total    Fumb    Int    Total    Margin    Per/G

1.    North Dakota                   7      6          13       19          8          1       9         +10           1.43
12.    Idaho State                    6      2            6        8           7          8      15           -7         -1.17

Not sure how good ISU's WRs are this year but they tore us up last season.  We couldn't get to the QB and they turned short receptions into huge gains.  

Looking forward to a week of quotes for their head coach Kramer.  Guy is full of one liners and brutal honesty. 

Just now, homer said:

Not sure how good ISU's WRs are this year but they tore us up last season.  We couldn't get to the QB and they turned short receptions into huge gains.  

I guess I don't remember too much from the game. Eversports webcast crashed for the second half of the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Looking forward to a week of quotes for their head coach Kramer.  Guy is full of one liners and brutal honesty. 

The revenge factor should play into it. But you just know they're watching footage of the early 2nd half success SUU had with short throws. Getting Reyes back would be huge for defending those.

Didn't Reyes go out in the game against them last year too, or was it just Studs? 
If we can get him back, I'd feel confident in our secondary to hold them to a limited production. We should dominate the TOP as it seems we have been able to "diversify" the offense and not just use our rushing attack. I fully expect a blowout as we get revenge for last year. 55-17 UND

15 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Didn't Reyes go out in the game against them last year too, or was it just Studs? 
If we can get him back, I'd feel confident in our secondary to hold them to a limited production. We should dominate the TOP as it seems we have been able to "diversify" the offense and not just use our rushing attack. I fully expect a blowout as we get revenge for last year. 55-17 UND

It was just Studs, Reyes was hurt in the PSU game the week before, he didn't play at all against ISU.

54 minutes ago, TBR said:

Hate to look past anyone, but have to wonder if it would be worth holding Reyes out to heal for awhile so he can bring his A game against Weber he following week.

If Reyes isn't 100%, I'd hold him out. Same goes for Stanley.... Away games always make me nervous, but this is a game they should have regardless if those two play. I'm less worried given what happened last year, Bubba has to keep emphasizing that the way they played against Idaho State and Weber State single handily was the reason they missed out on the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, homer said:

Williams and Magnum shook Harris's confidence last year.  Williams is back so that is a key match up.  Harris has something to prove.  I think Schmitty will have a wrinkle or two considering the late meltdown last year and no nickle package.  Safety play was terrible last year, no Reyes, no Arnell, we had Sweed and Jawon.....and after the game Jawon found a new home at OLB, so figure that one out on your own.  It would be great to have Reyes, but don't panic if we don't.

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Williams and Magnum shook Harris's confidence last year.  Williams is back so that is a key match up.  Harris has something to prove.  I think Schmitty will have a wrinkle or two considering the late meltdown last year and no nickle package.  Safety play was terrible last year, no Reyes, no Arnell, we had Sweed and Jawon.....and after the game Jawon found a new home at OLB, so figure that one out on your own.  It would be great to have Reyes, but don't panic if we don't.

Flowers showed he can play which is huge for this coming game.

This is a game where UND needs to get separation in the 2nd half and blow out this horrible Idaho State team. Anything less is a disappointment for three reasons:

1) Playoff selection committee looks at trivial things like margin of victory vs poor teams.

2) Idaho State AD is on playoff selection committee -- put on a show for him. 

3) Revenge.

• Upvote 2