siouxfan512

17 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

INJURY REPORT vs. IDAHO STATE

SS 8 Cole Reyes (questionable)

LB 32 Taj Rich (questionable)

LB 38 Dijon Murray (questionable)

NG 77 Steve Greer (questionable)

WR 81 Luke Stanley (questionable)

I thought Flowers filled in for Reyes quite well. If Cole is not 100% hold him out because we will need him against Weber. Same goes for Taj Rich as he will also be needed against Weber.

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

INJURY REPORT vs. IDAHO STATE

SS 8 Cole Reyes (questionable)

LB 32 Taj Rich (questionable)

LB 38 Dijon Murray (questionable)

NG 77 Steve Greer (questionable)

WR 81 Luke Stanley (questionable)

Don't play any of them. Does anyone have any inside information on any of these injuries? I.e. do we know how close all are to getting back to 100%? Could all play if necessary?

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Yeah, and what a character guy!  Like to have a team full of his kind.  Fifth year in the program, very little PT, made a 5th year position change, and now great to see him on the field a little bit and working his way up the depth chart.  What a great example to the rest of the team for not being a quitter when some might say he had reason to.

He is a great kid all around.

Does anyone know which scenario would help UND more, if either.

Weber @ Souther Utah

Would it be better to see SUU (A team we just smoked, beat Weber) or would it be better for Weber to beat SUU .... hopefully sneak into the top 25, and give us a chance to beat a top 25 team next week. I don't actually think winning this game would be enough for Weber to get in to top 25, but maybe? Either, just another talking point for this weekend .... leading up to Revenge is a dish best served cold (Part Two): UND vs. Weber

I suppose it would be better to see Weber win, so we would have a shot at a 5-2 team (4-0 conf). Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Does anyone know which scenario would help UND more, if either.

Weber @ Souther Utah

Would it be better to see SUU (A team we just smoked, beat Weber) or would it be better for Weber to beat SUU .... hopefully sneak into the top 25, and give us a chance to beat a top 25 team next week. I don't actually think winning this game would be enough for Weber to get in to top 25, but maybe? Either, just another talking point for this weekend .... leading up to Revenge is a dish best served cold (Part Two): UND vs. Weber

Weber is at Sothern Utah, then at UND, I like it.......back to back road games.

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Weber is at Sothern Utah, then at UND, I like it.......back to back road games.

Right, but as a UND fan, who would we prefer to win that one. I would assume Weber, so that when we play them, they would be considered a tougher opponent.

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Right, but as a UND fan, who would we prefer to win that one. I would assume Weber, so that when we play them, they would be considered a tougher opponent.

I like the idea of 2 undefeated in the conference teams duking it out at the Alerus next week.  So Weber.  As far at Strength of schedule i don't think it matters since we play both.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Bigger game if Weber wins.  Here is to a 4 OT game with a lot of plays.

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Bigger game if Weber wins.  Here is to a 4 OT game with a lot of plays.

Works for me. I didn't know if the committee put much stock into where a team was at the time they are beat. Meaning if, and that a big IF, Weber could sneak into the top 25 .... we could hopefully add a top 25 win to our resume, since our resume doesn't have too many ranked opponents.

On the flip side, would the committee care if you beat a team before they are ranked. USD? 

Hopefully I'm explaining my question right. I know some other message boards really look at the ranking of the opponent at the time they play them.

51 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Weber doesn't play Montana or EWU, so we want them to win every game except against UND.  If Cal Poly beats EWU and then loses to Weber, it would be great for strength of schedule appearance purposes, IMO.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Works for me. I didn't know if the committee put much stock into where a team was at the time they are beat. Meaning if, and that a big IF, Weber could sneak into the top 25 .... we could hopefully add a top 25 win to our resume, since our resume doesn't have too many ranked opponents.

On the flip side, would the committee care if you beat a team before they are ranked. USD? 

Hopefully I'm explaining my question right. I know some other message boards really look at the ranking of the opponent at the time they play them.

I don't believe said committee can even speculate on what they are looking for.  See last year as an example.  

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Portland State had ZERO passing yards against ISU and still racked up 530 rushing yards and won 45-20.  We should be able to run the ball.

Should be able to have a lot of success on the ground & through the air against ISU.... Rudolph continues to call a very balanced game.  The 2 ISU starting corners go 5'9" 155 & 5'8" 164.  Backup CBs on the 2-deep are 6'0 170 & 5'10 165... I like our big WR's against that all day, everyday (especially if Stanley plays).  Might not run away from them, but will win the 1-on-1 matchups, jump-balls, & back shoulder throws.  IF the passing game is somehow out of sync, well, then just pound the rock all day like PSU did.

Add in the revenge factor & UND rolls big in this one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

Should be able to have a lot of success on the ground & through the air against ISU.... Rudolph continues to call a very balanced game.  The 2 ISU starting corners go 5'9" 155 & 5'8" 164.  Backup CBs on the 2-deep are 6'0 170 & 5'10 165... I like our big WR's against that all day, everyday (especially if Stanley plays).  Might not run away from them, but will win the 1-on-1 matchups, jump-balls, & back shoulder throws.  IF the passing game is somehow out of sync, well, then just pound the rock all day like PSU did.

Add in the revenge factor & UND rolls big in this one.

The size of their CBs should factor not just in the passing game, but the running game as well.  I would expect our big WRs to manhandle them when blocking, again, especially if Stanley plays.