SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs Cal Poly 1PM

geaux_sioux

Not sure I've ever seen stats so even. What a game.

Statistical Comparison CP UND
 First Downs 21 24
 Total Offensive Yards 421 452
 Rushing Attempts-Yards 44-202 46-203
 Passing 15-21-2 15-21-0
 Passing Yards 219 249
 Penalties-Yards 3-20 3-25
 Turnovers 2 2
 Punts-Avg. 4-31.8 3-46.0
 Punt Returns-Avg. 0-0.0 0-0.0
 Kick Returns-Avg. 5-25.0 5-18.4
 3rd-Down Conversions 6-15 6-12
 4th-Down Conversions 1-2 1-1
 Time of Possession 27:41 32:19

Great game. Big-time win for UND.  The offense has a lot of work to do in terms of discipline yet, but if they can put together a full 60 minute game, they will do just fine. They could've been up 24-0 if they had just hung on to the ball in the redzone. They are close folks! Not to mention, they did all of this without Santiago; hopefully he can return within a few weeks. I also thought the UND offense showed a lot of character when going down 17 to 14 in the beginning of the third-quarter but then drove right down the field to take the lead back. 

Defense needs to improve defending the big pass play, but given the pick by Hunt to end the game, I'll give them a break. The UND defense was great against the run - just tremendous. 

As for the offensive line, they are better off with Coe at RT. Patric Rooney could be the starter at center for the next 3+ seasons; hopefully his injury doesn't sideline him for long. The line has some mojo going now. 

I thought Aplin played well today at RG and even Center when he filled in there too.  Original starting RG had been struggling so hoping Aplin can continue at RG and Rooney is ok. 

Really an all around good team effort.  O and D both had breakdowns at times during the game but the ongoing fight and determination of these players and coaches is great to see!

• Upvote 4

So now  a wet blanket......injuries:

4 lost for the season this week + Clive week 1.   Today:

Rooney- got off the field on his own

santiago- crutches and boot 

o brien - not sure

tank -ankle-but kept playing 

any others??  

With no bye week this year, Unds health is crucial.  There is no week to heal up!  

Great win today!!!  

Penalties were an issue last game...not this one.  Turnovers costly in this game, both in the red zone so eliminated points from the board.  Couple defensive breakdowns allowing big plays by CP.  I am sure those will both be addressed this week by the coaching staff too. 

Lets keep this progress rolling!