SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs Cal Poly 1PM

geaux_sioux

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

On Oliveiras long TD run I noticed that Demon had his guy completely locked up. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for him and the entire OL. They were great against a very good DL.

mabye coe playing beside him motivates him and visa versa...

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be fair, almost everyone in the building thought it was an incomplete forward pass except for the zebras and Gordon.

Not sure of your point - no whistle he kept playing - he walks away from the ball and the refs stand there looking at the ball, a CP player picks it up and runs it in and he's getting raked here. 

29 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Not sure of your point - no whistle he kept playing - he walks away from the ball and the refs stand there looking at the ball, a CP player picks it up and runs it in and he's getting raked here. 

Definitely heads up for him picking it up, I do also think the Poly players initially thought it was dead too....which helped him get good yardage out of it as I think they all stopped for a second.  You see players at all levels...even  NFL RB's or WR's at times.....not going after a ball like that.   And you are right, if he didn't pick it up....even though Poly initially quit on it....eventually they would have realized it was live and scooped it up and ran it in.  That would have been a huge change in the game.  Good job Gordon! 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Tank Harris is literally a Freakin' Tank!  That guy rocks and gets the crowd pumped up!  We need about 10 more guys like him smashing mouths on the field and making them open up when he's on the sideline! 

and he is only a Sophomore!!! We get to watch this kid for two more years. He will be scary as a senior.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

Tank was awesome. Brady was great, especially the probably unnecessary bulldozing of their D Lineman. Big Sky refs were trash, per usual. 

After all the flack they get, I'd say the student section was pretty cool throughout the game. Kudos to them.

Fewer money grubbing whore students were there. The ones that were there stayed and made noise. It was nice to see.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well apparently it's been confirmed on AGS that UND would've given up huge rushing yards and lost had Protheroe been playing.  I guess we got lucky.  Knew I was foolish for thinking Poly's stats were based on scheme rather than the talent of a single individual.  They were never good at running the ball before Protheroe.

I read some threads over there this morning and I did notice there was no mention of us losing Santiago. Playing the game without each teams best RB seems to be a wash, but what do I know.

Since last year I have also noticed that once we beat a team they are pretty much no good in the eyes of AGS. Let's go take care of business in Sac and go from there.

• Upvote 2

On 10/1/2016 at 5:37 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Great game. Big-time win for UND.  The offense has a lot of work to do in terms of discipline yet, but if they can put together a full 60 minute game, they will do just fine. They could've been up 24-0 if they had just hung on to the ball in the redzone. They are close folks! Not to mention, they did all of this without Santiago; hopefully he can return within a few weeks. I also thought the UND offense showed a lot of character when going down 17 to 14 in the beginning of the third-quarter but then drove right down the field to take the lead back. 

Defense needs to improve defending the big pass play, but given the pick by Hunt to end the game, I'll give them a break. The UND defense was great against the run - just tremendous. 

As for the offensive line, they are better off with Coe at RT. Patric Rooney could be the starter at center for the next 3+ seasons; hopefully his injury doesn't sideline him for long. The line has some mojo going now. 

The defense is #1 nationally in all of FCS right now every team will get their passes off so please tell me how we need to improve on the pass game?

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Since last year I have also noticed that once we beat a team they are pretty much no good in the eyes of AGS. Let's go take care of business in Sac and go from there.

That's because it's mainly Bison fans. Bison fans have been good about spreading propaganda against UND online and I'm sure some of it filters to the playoff committee.

UND losses more than one more game this year they miss the playoffs. Polls are already starting to show it. Heck even 8-3 UND is a bubble team.

6 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I had a good angle on it and was dying worrying that wouldn't pick it up and it would go the other way for 6.   Nice play on his part.  Most of those on the field stopped for a couple of seconds.

15 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well apparently it's been confirmed on AGS that UND would've given up huge rushing yards and lost had Protheroe been playing.  I guess we got lucky.  Knew I was foolish for thinking Poly's stats were based on scheme rather than the talent of a single individual.  They were never good at running the ball before Protheroe.

Which threads on ags? I didn't find anything on the subject.