SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Seawolves

geaux_sioux

40 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

There were quite a few times when Studs had time in the pocket and flat out missed the receiver, most of them short throws.

Totally agree.  And i'm generalizing, i know.  But with any team, it seems thst the qb, running backs, and coaches can open up and play ball if the o-line is handling business.  SB has a great defense, and i hope they fo well this season.  Seems like a good program.

Just now, NoDakFan said:

I thought you could still get a medical after a regular one.

DII yes. DI you 5 years to play 4. There's some exceptions, but that's basically the rule. Zach Vraa was granted a 6th year because the same injury kept him out for two years, but like I said 6th years are very rare. 

42 minutes ago, TRex said:

OK, so what does Bubba have to do to improve or more important, what CAN he do?  I'm sure they saw many of the flaws in practice, but some of this stuff can't just be magically cured, especially with two good players hurt.

Step one = get better guys

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

DII yes. DI you 5 years to play 4. There's some exceptions, but that's basically the rule. Zach Vraa was granted a 6th year because the same injury kept him out for two years, but like I said 6th years are very rare. 

Case Keenum was injured his senior year, and redshirted his freshman year, he got a medical redshirt. I can see Clive getting it if he wants it, thats if he is out for season, which I assume yes, but we don't know for sure. As he missed a large chunk junior year as well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nhockey30 said:

This game was a let down. My question is when are we going to stop reverting over the summer? Bad first game last year, bad first game this year. I would think we should have been able to build on last year and be better out first game this year.. Maybe I'm wrong?

That should fall on the coaches - although Bubba still has a bit of teflon around him 

1 hour ago, TRex said:

Very big difference in quality.  USD smoked the Bison last year whereas SDSU laid down and got beat.  USD game will show what our guys have in them.  No reason not to win though

You're not seriously so out of the loop in FCS football that you think USD is the far better of the two teams are you? 

Cause one has made the playoffs four years straight and has the second longest streak of being ranked in the top 25 while the other hasn't finished in the top half of the MVFC since they joined the conference.

6 minutes ago, nhockey30 said:

This game was a let down. My question is when are we going to stop reverting over the summer? Bad first game last year, bad first game this year. I would think we should have been able to build on last year and be better out first game this year.. Maybe I'm wrong?

Our first game last year was Wyoming. Tough to call that a bad game. 

2 minutes ago, nhockey30 said:

Great post by a hockey fan!??? 

14 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Case Keenum was injured his senior year, and redshirted his freshman year, he got a medical redshirt. I can see Clive getting it if he wants it, thats if he is out for season, which I assume yes, but we don't know for sure. As he missed a large chunk junior year as well.

I explained it poorly in my first post. Case Keenum lost two years of eligibility for reasons out of his control. That's how the NCAA defines it. If Clive can prove his initial redshirt year at UA was because of medical reasons then there's a chance he could get a 6th year, but like I said the NCAA granting 6th years is rare.  

22 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Yeah, if he's done this year and missed almost half of last season,he would have an excellent chance at a 6th year hardship

3 hours ago, Thumper 76 said:

As an outside observer who listened to the game tonight it's way too early for you guys to hit the panic button. Your defense should be good enough to keep you in most any game and you have a green o line. Give it a couple of weeks.

Get out of here can't you see people are bitching?

• Upvote 2

It was predicted to be slugfest and it was a slugfest. They had a great defense. Our defense gave up 7 points. Our offense looked shaky in the first game of the season. Last year teams got into the playoffs wit 5 losses and some are writing off the season after one loss. Find something positive - it's a game being played by student athletes. Look out the window the sun came up. Enjoy the season. 

• Upvote 1

An ugly loss that easily could've been a win. Add on the serious injuries and potential damage to confidence and community support and this all around is a horrible situation.

Fortunately, there is time to turn this around. That needs to start with the performance out at Bowling Green. We all know, from a strict number standpoint, that UND can only afford to lose 2 more games all season.