SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

58 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m not sure why there needs to be precedent? It’s wrong to be unique all of a sudden? Given the students picked a generic nickname we need to be unique in other ways. I like the helmets.

I don’t see what the problem is either. The UND nickname is the Fighting Hawks and the most teams on campus have embraced the nickname. The football team came out of the gate all in. Bubba wears a green Adidas shirt with the Hawk’s logo on it during game days. 

Imagine if the most popular team on campus embraced the Fighting Hawks logo. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Goon said:

I don’t see what the problem is either. The UND nickname is the Fighting Hawks and the most teams on campus have embraced the nickname. The football team came out of the gate all in. Bubba wears a green Adidas shirt with the Hawk’s logo on it during game days. 

Yawn....:)

14 hours ago, Goon said:

I look forward to Coach Berry's response when you pose that question to him in a Wednesday presser...

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I look forward to Coach Berry's response when you pose that question to him in a Wednesday presser...

I'll defer. 

5 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

The team with the most championships on campus is still the flying Sioux. 

Flying? :D

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Goon said:

Imagine if our 100+ million dollar facility embraced the Fighting Hawks logo!

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

I was eluding to that. The Sioux Shop would be selling more jersey's than they are now. 

The Chinese company that makes those awful Sioux jersey knockoffs appreciates the business.  (and, since it isn't an official UND retailer, our athletic programs miss out on that revenue)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

They could, but it really doesn't look good since the N and the D are backwards.

helmet.jpg

Take off the ND and leave the Hawk. Or better yet, just leave the logo facing one way like they did with the interlocking ND. It only worked for many decades.

ddabc0685600430e7f5a572d8d6b89b3--footba

jersey1_16.jpg?itok=d6j0h5_Z

4 hours ago, Goon said:

I was eluding to that. The Sioux Shop would be selling more jersey's than they are now. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You trying to avoid or escape it? 

You were alluding to it. ;)

allude / elude / illude

@The Sicatoka 

grammar tip for Monday, October 1st:

the plural of jersey is NOT jersey’s.  

• Upvote 1