SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

23 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

What am I missing? When did any of the others lead their team to a national championship as a head coach?

That Bubba won a natty at UND as well as Berry. No one said lead their team. Just the phrase won a natty. Technically so has Bubba.

"No point in putting extra funds into the MBB program, they saw no benefits from making the big dance. Just a random coincidence that they got a 3/4* recruit over multiple P5 schools the next signing period, winning the conference tournament absolutely didn't help at all" -Someone, probably

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2018 at 5:14 PM, iramurphy said:

I don't believe anyone has chosen to "divide" itself from anyone else.  The hockey coaches over the years have been supportive of the other coaches and programs. Their focus needs to be on hockey.  Same with our other coaches and their sports.

Who gives a rats behind about the logo?  The old one is fine, the new one is fine and the new mascot is fine.

If your support for your athletic team or your happiness is dependent on the logos and who wears what, then I feel sorry for you. Who cares what emblem a coach wears?  Having been around UND athletics for quite some time in different roles, I can tell you that never once was the logo or name an issue when teams and athletes competed. We really didn't discuss it.  I think of the logo now as I have all along:  It isn't an issue for me one way or another, never has been.  Wear what you wish and don't worry about what someone else wears including players and coaches.  Otherwise,  you waste a lot of emotional energy over nothing.

Down Vote Darrell is in the House!   Your rational and well thought out response gets a big thumbs down from our current F'Hawk Superfan!  Big Surprise.

• Upvote 3

I apologize for digging up an old topic.  Was just annoyed again watching the NCHC media day and seeing Berry wearing yet another "North Dakota Hockey" shirt.  I realize that it shouldn't bother me, and others, so much.  But it does.  In a time where UND is spending thousands of dollars on marketing the new logo and brand, you have the coach of the most prominent program at UND and in the college hockey world not on board with the change.  And maybe it's not even his decision.  who knows.  Maybe its the decision of the Athletic Department or the President to not have the Fighting Hawks logo as prominent with the hockey program because the hockey fanbase isn't as receptive to the name and logo as others.  either way, it's unfortunate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Down Vote Darrell is in the House!   Your rational and well thought out response gets a big thumbs down from our current F'Hawk Superfan!  Big Surprise.

Just like it’s a surprise I point out the support for the logo from coaches gets a thumbs down from the usual bunch of the anti logo crowd. You guys should start a band with a big Sioux logo on the drum.

• Downvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, darell1976 said:

Except Coach Jones, Pryor and Brewster wanted the Fighting Hawk logo on the middle of the court to help their program and was turned down, so obviously people give a rats behind about it.

If they think the logo on mid court will help their program, I would wonder how.  If they think the logo mid court would look better, I agree.  I also could care less one way or another because my focus would be on developing a successful winning program which can be done regardless of the logo or name.  That is why programs over the years have won or lost regardless of the name or logo.  The Betty needs a new scoreboard more than a log center court.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Just like it’s a surprise I point out the support for the logo from coaches gets a thumbs down from the usual bunch of the anti logo crowd. You guys should start a band with a big Sioux logo on the drum.

We could call ourselves Double D’s!  (Darrell’s Disciples) ;)

19 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

If they think the logo on mid court will help their program, I would wonder how.  If they think the logo mid court would look better, I agree.  I also could care less one way or another because my focus would be on developing a successful winning program which can be done regardless of the logo or name.  That is why programs over the years have won or lost regardless of the name or logo.  The Betty needs a new scoreboard more than a log center court.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inforum.com/news/education/4446413-emails-show-kennedy-engelstad-feud-centered-logo-betty%3famp

In the April 25 email, Kennedy includes quotes from men's basketball coach Brian Jones, women's basketball coach Travis Brewster, volleyball coach Mark Pryor, UND Licensing Coordinator Breanna Linert and others in support of a Fighting Hawks logo at center court.

"I am in favor of our new logo being on the floor in the Betty simply for the fact that it is our logo," Jones was quoted as saying. "To keep it really simple, it is who we are now. We need to turn the page and be a united front and all look the same."

Pryor added: "There is not one player on our roster anymore who has played for UND when we had no nickname, much less when we were the Fighting Sioux. Two NCAA tournaments later, we are absolutely the Fighting Hawks; we are damn proud of that, and it's time to move on."

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inforum.com/news/education/4446413-emails-show-kennedy-engelstad-feud-centered-logo-betty%3famp

In the April 25 email, Kennedy includes quotes from men's basketball coach Brian Jones, women's basketball coach Travis Brewster, volleyball coach Mark Pryor, UND Licensing Coordinator Breanna Linert and others in support of a Fighting Hawks logo at center court.

"I am in favor of our new logo being on the floor in the Betty simply for the fact that it is our logo," Jones was quoted as saying. "To keep it really simple, it is who we are now. We need to turn the page and be a united front and all look the same."

Pryor added: "There is not one player on our roster anymore who has played for UND when we had no nickname, much less when we were the Fighting Sioux. Two NCAA tournaments later, we are absolutely the Fighting Hawks; we are damn proud of that, and it's time to move on."

It's very simple:  It is who basketball and volleyball are.  It's not who hockey is.  I don't know how else to explain it, Darell.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It's very simple:  It is who basketball and volleyball are.  It's not who hockey is.  I don't know how else to explain it, Darell.  

It's the only way we'll ever get a better logo.  Don't buy or wear anything with the Ed Schaefer logo.