SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

On 10/8/2016 at 11:31 PM, Godsmack said:

It was a weekend for the birds! UND Fighting Hawks, Air Force Falcons, and the BC Eagles all won tonight! Particular shout out to the AF Falcons for their huge weekend beating BC and Ohio State to claim the 2016 Ice Breaker Tournament! 

Were you at the game Saturday night? any idea why the shootout ended like it did? that was one of the weirdest endings to a game I've been to

On 10/10/2016 at 11:58 AM, Siouxper187 said:

Were you at the game Saturday night? any idea why the shootout ended like it did? that was one of the weirdest endings to a game I've been to

Yah, Joe Paisley wrote about it in his column in the Gazette. I guess the rule they went with was, first one to score. So, Ohio State shot first and missed and then AF went and scored and that was that however the refs didn't realize that at first and they set the puck up for the OSU player to shoot next and it was the scorekeeper who blew the horn and notified the officials of the rule so the game ended.

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Yup, when I first saw $8Mil for a new rink I was thinking it'd be quite the downgrade from World Arena.

However, CC could use a rink at least a little closer to campus. They get terrible student turnout at games and a good part of the reason has to be the arena's proximity to campus.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yup, when I first saw $8Mil for a new rink I was thinking it'd be quite the downgrade from World Arena.

However, CC could use a rink at least a little closer to campus. They get terrible student turnout at games and a good part of the reason has to be the arena's proximity to campus.

They have a practice arena they do use, can't remember where it's at or the name of it.

On 10/10/2016 at 0:58 PM, Siouxper187 said:

On 10/11/2016 at 6:23 PM, Godsmack said:

Yah, Joe Paisley wrote about it in his column in the Gazette. I guess the rule they went with was, first one to score. So, Ohio State shot first and missed and then AF went and scored and that was that however the refs didn't realize that at first and they set the puck up for the OSU player to shoot next and it was the scorekeeper who blew the horn and notified the officials of the rule so the game ended.

Oh, the golden days of yore where games were decided by playing 5 on 5 overtime...

• Upvote 2

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about BU and their "diaper dandies" (Copyright Dick Vitale). We are the reigning, defending NCAA National Champions and if the Terriers want to take that title from us, they will have to earn it. And so far, they haven't done that. Let's see where these teams are at in February or March before we start awarding titles to teams.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about BU and their "diaper dandies" (Copyright Dick Vitale). We are the reigning, defending NCAA National Champions and if the Terriers want to take that title from us, they will have to earn it. And so far, they haven't done that. Let's see where these teams are at in February or March before we start awarding titles to teams.

I agree with you, but if we brought all those kids in we'd be pretty excited about it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Shameless plug here but I highly recommend checking out the new NCHC Video Series "Stump the Coach."

At media day, each coach was brought into a room and asked six questions based on how their player would respond.  Then the player comes in and reveals his answers with the coach right there.  Think something like the newly-wed game.

CC is up first and having seen all of the videos, I think it's really gives a good look at the relationships some of these coaches and their players have.  I love that CC is able to laugh at themselves about their lack of success recently.  There will be a new one each week, alphabetically by team so DU is up next week.

There is also going to be a discussion of the Ralph in nearly every episode of this as one of the questions tends to get the same answer :)

Here is CC's: http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-stump-the-coach-game-show---colorado-college-10-12-16

Great find, that was really cool to see Haviland's demeanor with his player.

Also, The Ralph reigns supreme :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we brought in all those kids, the East Coast media would pretend like it didn't matter. They like to suck up to Hockey Least.

Hopefully it's something our boys can use as motivation. Every good hero needs a villain, BU could be our villain this year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So the preseason national title will be shared by Minnesota and BU this year, with Quinnipiac just missing out again. :D

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, cberkas said:

If anyone has earned his retirement, it is Dean Blais. I wish him the best no matter what he decides.