SiouxSports.com Forum

We are the champions!!! Finally

cowboys5xsbs

50 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If UND won 5 consecutive FCS football titles, I wouldn't be writing letters to Sports Illustrated complaining that Alabama was on the cover instead of UND. That is what one Bison fan did this year. That is how delusional they are in Imperial Cass County. And that is why hanging #8 is so sweet. For the first time in a long time, the positive press is not focused on Fargo and NDSU.

Always fun to look at ONE fan from another program in any sport and judge the other 250,000-1,000,000 on the basis of him or her.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Always fun to look at ONE fan from another program in any sport and judge the other 250,000-1,000,000 on the basis of him or her.

I have had friends who live in Fargo basically say the same thing I am saying. The hyperbole is off the charts down there. It isn't just "one fan".

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I guess I'd rather celebrate the Sioux success than put any focus on NDSU.  Whatever floats your boat I guess...

Why can't we do both? Is this yet another false choice being offered up by our fan base?

If you want to be nice and conciliatory to them, then go right on ahead. But I was raised a fan of the Fighting Sioux and my blood runs Kelly Green and White and that means NDSU is persona non grata. Capisce? ;)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If you want to be nice and conciliatory to them, then go right on ahead. But I was raised a fan of the Fighting Sioux and my blood runs Kelly Green and White and that means NDSU is persona non grata. Capisce? ;)

It's not about being nice to them...it's about not giving them any of the spotlight at all.  Why put them in a video celebrating our hockey team's great achievement this year?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have had friends who live in Fargo basically say the same thing I am saying. The hyperbole is off the charts down there. It isn't just "one fan".

And I have Bison friends who texted me during the game who said "congratulations - great job by your team."  

I personally don't know a single Bison fan who didn't think that Alabama wouldn't do anything less than hang 100 on NDSU.  I think your Fargo hyperbole is, well, exaggeration.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

And I have Bison friends who texted me during the game who said "congratulations - great job by your team."  

I personally don't know a single Bison fan who didn't think that Alabama wouldn't do anything less than hang 100 on NDSU.  I think your Fargo hyperbole is, well, exaggeration.

You and I have very different Bison fan friends. I must be lucky and have the colossal douches of the fan base.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Exaggeration? Well, I wouldn't argue with people that actually live down there 24/7/365, but to each their own.

20 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I guess I'd rather celebrate the Sioux success than put any focus on NDSU.  Whatever floats your boat I guess...

I have to agree. I am not sure why we have to rub their faces in it. They're not even a member of DI hockey.  You'll end up in a moronathon, a circular argument, there's really no point to it. Besides, many of their football fans also follow UND hockey. Sure, we can correct stupidity when we see or hear it.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Stop, just stop clouding the issue with facts. :cool:

22 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Exactly, the fact that people are concerned about "rubbing it in their faces" after we win a championship in a sport they don't play, shows that they are obsessed by NDSU, which gives them credence for being a big deal.  Likewise I thought it was pathetic when NDSU players took a shot at UND when they won a title a few years back, which makes Carson Wentz's congratulatory tweet all the more classy.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Exactly, the fact that people are concerned about "rubbing it in their faces" after we win a championship in a sport they don't play, shows that they are obsessed by NDSU, which gives them credence for being a big deal.  Likewise I thought it was pathetic when NDSU players took a shot at UND when they won a title a few years back, which makes Carson Wentz's congratulatory tweet all the more classy.

I am not obsessed with NDSU. But I am glad that we are getting some positive press coverage for once and all the attention isn't on the Bison like it has been for several years. And they cannot stand that. Which makes hanging #8 all the more sweet. Of course, the real fun will be when we beat them in the FCS playoffs. Heads will definitely explode in Fargo if that happens.