SiouxSports.com Forum

We are the champions!!! Finally

cowboys5xsbs

1 hour ago, jk said:

I don't know if some of you have ever actually watched the NCAA hockey tournament, but it's hard to win.  Strange things happen to good teams. 

Not only that, but it might be hard to even get into it.  There's a lot of potential on next year's team, but it will be missing half the regular defensemen from last year's team, including arguably the top two.  Also subtract five forwards from last year.  There's no way to know if they'll be able to generate the kind of chemistry this group had.  I shudder to think what this forum might look like if they struggle.

Nope, never watched it :silly:

So your point is no game is a guaranteed win and sometimes the best team doesn't?  I believe everyone knows that but you can't blame people for being excited about having the road to Chicago go through Fargo.  Two years ago I remember having the players say the fans really put the team over the top and gave them a huge advantage in Fargo.  I was there and it was about as hostile a place you could possibly play for an opposing team. Obviously anything can happen but I can't blame people for getting excited about the variables working in our favor for a title repeat.

• Upvote 4

I remember a player saying that all the interaction with the fans might have been a distraction at the Frozen Faceoff this year.  I am sure all agree it is far better to have that support and the other team having to deal with the rabid fans.  Bottom line is that if you aren't ready to play on any given night, it doesn't matter where you play. That said, I think Schlossman said that 4 or 5 of the best teams at the end of last year had the highest scoring defense in the country.  In order for us to be back up there next year, guys like Shaw will have to take a step forward, because I don't know if the guys that would come in would be known for their offense first.  You can say a lot about our CBS line, but a portion of their success is how effective our defense was at getting the puck out of our zone and the way they transitioned so well.  One need only look at LaDue's awesome pass to spring Boeser in the Championship game.  You can't play fast without that great transition game. 

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

If playing doesn't pan out for him long term, I wonder if he will get into coaching. I always wonder which of the players that I have seen over the past 13-14 years could end up being a coach for UND some day. Not sure if Caggiula would ever want to coach, or if he would even be good at coaching, but he certainly bleeds green.

I always thought Mark Mac may make his way back to the Ralph someday 

12 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Had to log in to share this.

It was so cool driving by the REA today and seeing "NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS" lit up on the big digital sign at the north entrance from Gateway drive! I had to turn around, come back, and read that again! It looked like it absolutely belonged there, and will be there many more times now that the pressure is off! The monkey is off their backs!

Not sure if anyone has posted that already, I haven't read any posts, but is that ever freaking cool! I was there in Tampa, but that sign was awesome to read!

Also had the pleasure of meeting Cratter and Siouxforce19, good times.

NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Way to go boys!

Go Sioux!

I have an eye appointment with the Dr. near the Ralph on Friday. I'll have to make sure I take a look at that.

16 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Had to log in to share this.

It was so cool driving by the REA today and seeing "NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS" lit up on the big digital sign at the north entrance from Gateway drive! I had to turn around, come back, and read that again! It looked like it absolutely belonged there, and will be there many more times now that the pressure is off! The monkey is off their backs!

Not sure if anyone has posted that already, I haven't read any posts, but is that ever freaking cool! I was there in Tampa, but that sign was awesome to read!

Also had the pleasure of meeting Cratter and Siouxforce19, good times.

NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Way to go boys!

Go Sioux!

I get it...I'm forgettable :(:lol: 

5 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I always think of that at UND games (home & away).  I generally think to myself who looks like a ss.com guy and which user they might be.

What does a ss.com guy look like? 

Attend the hoggsbreath brunch in March. You'll add a number of faces to their handles

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sprig said:

What does a ss.com guy look like? 

Attend the hoggsbreath brunch in March. You'll add a number of faces to their handles

I always picture them to look like the diehard fans that are really into the game being played and have a strong handle on the current state of the team/program when they talk. I'm sure there are exceptions but this is what I usually think.

25 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

Merchandise idea. SiouxSports.com name tags.

A couple years ago mafia man had hats made with siouxsports.com and the logo on the front and the forum ID on the back.  Haven't noticed any in the Ralph,  but there should be many around. 

4 hours ago, sprig said:

A couple years ago mafia man had hats made with siouxsports.com and the logo on the front and the forum ID on the back.  Haven't noticed any in the Ralph,  but there should be many around. 

I wear my hat to the Ralph. Never had anyone say anything about it yet, always waiting for a meet and greet though.