SiouxSports.com Forum

We are the champions!!! Finally

cowboys5xsbs

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

If you want to know how to celebrate a short handed goal in the National Championship game go to the 34:00 mark and watch the upper left hand corner of the screen. :lol:

The guy windmilling his arms in the white Sioux jersey?

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You know, lost in this whole national title game conversation is the total color-on-color bliss that was yellow and blue vs green and black.  What a great match-up!

Didn't the majority of people think UND would come out in black jerseys since Quinnipiac was in their yellow?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Didn't the majority of people think UND would come out in black jerseys since Quinnipiac was in their yellow?

I had to rewind the DVR to see if I heard it correctly, and I did.  Bucci announced that UND would be wearing the WHITE jerseys during the championship game and that Quinnipiac would be in the home yellows.  That made zero sense and would have been the worst possible combination out of any that were available.  

On 4/25/2016 at 10:19 PM, GDPritch said:

Man, Cags gets it and he and his family too truly appreciates his time and the hockey family and traditions here at UND/GF.  I tip my cap to him.  I've got a feeling we'll be seeing him around here over the years from time to time, I'm guessing he won't be a stranger. 

If playing doesn't pan out for him long term, I wonder if he will get into coaching. I always wonder which of the players that I have seen over the past 13-14 years could end up being a coach for UND some day. Not sure if Caggiula would ever want to coach, or if he would even be good at coaching, but he certainly bleeds green.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:36 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Just received my first official Fighting Hawks merchandise of any kind in the mail yesterday.  Not a bad way to start!!

shirt.jpg

I almost bought one of these. Then I found one that just said "North Dakota", soooo no Fighting Hawks for me yet.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

It'll be more fun in two years .... when we're three-peat champs, overtake MI for the most titles AND double up the goofs ;)

I know this is counting my oxes before they're hatched(or something like that) but my motto for next season is just to make the tourney.  A regional in Fargo in front of a home crowd and a Frozen Four in Chicago which is very drive-able for Grand Forks and Mpls fans gives us a great setup next year. And if Schmaltz comes back... might as well start printing the championship t-shirts :D

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If playing doesn't pan out for him long term, I wonder if he will get into coaching. I always wonder which of the players that I have seen over the past 13-14 years could end up being a coach for UND some day. Not sure if Caggiula would ever want to coach, or if he would even be good at coaching, but he certainly bleeds green.

"Fighting Sioux all the way!"

• Upvote 1

I don't know if some of you have ever actually watched the NCAA hockey tournament, but it's hard to win.  Strange things happen to good teams. 

Not only that, but it might be hard to even get into it.  There's a lot of potential on next year's team, but it will be missing half the regular defensemen from last year's team, including arguably the top two.  Also subtract five forwards from last year.  There's no way to know if they'll be able to generate the kind of chemistry this group had.  I shudder to think what this forum might look like if they struggle.

• Upvote 1