SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DU - THURSDAY F4 Gameday

AZSIOUX

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Really? Yikes. You honestly believe what you just said?

3 minutes ago, dagies said:

it's sarcasm.  Several posters were ripping the team for not caring more that weekend.  I was not one of them

Some of those same "fans" sure posted a lot of crap last night. As another poster stated, hope everyone was able to make it back on the bus after the game. Some fans are so entitled. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, burd said:

I hope they all go back and read their posts and how they gave up on this team when things weren't going well. 

I would love for someone to put together all the posts of the ledge standing fools  to show the "fans" or fake fans to ignore all season! Funny how some of them have less than 50 total post's. Only post this time of year to demand this team to win them a natty! Pathetic!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I hope so!  Still can't believe the boys overcame that insurmountable 2-2 deficit!  :D

This is the same thinking from the herald writers saying Schmaltz saved them losing again, or something like that! They were tied!!!

I know you were smartin off to the idiots. Nice job defending our boys through the tough times, like you always do! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I still don't get that stretch we let them get back in it ?

I was disappointed we did not try even harder to make it 3 or 4 to 0

& yes it did seem like something Hak used to try

I know this is hard to believe for some, but....there is another team on the ice that has a say in the outcome of a game!

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I would love for someone to put together all the posts of the ledge standing fools  to show the "fans" or fake fans to ignore all season! Funny how some of them have less than 50 total post's. Only post this time of year to demand this team to win them a natty! Pathetic!

But that's sports, right?  One man's "fool" is another man's "fan." 

Some people drink, some eat, some pace, some chew nails, some punch the sofa, some squeeze throw pillows, some hide their faces, some get up and leave the room, some change the channel, some cuss, some loudly.

Heck, they even make and sell "Tear Apart Stress Dolls" dressed like referees.

s-l300.jpg

And, yes, some even dare to leave their laptop open on a game chat and register real-time, irrational, and emotional reactions to what they are watching.

It really shouldn't bother anyone, and certainly not to the point of calling out fellow UND fans.  We're all on the same team.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Wildfan said:

brace it to restrict movement, give the muscles/ligaments/knee a rest from having to work. Possibly help as it goes through the swelling phase, Ice, rest and elevate and see if he can go with a shot on Saturday. UND has players that can play his spot, but he was a big part in the 2nd part of the season. Also being a NHL draft pick he may not risk a injection that suppresses the pain

You are correct but that doesnt change the fact that large braces often indicate a ligament injury. He didn't practice at all from what I have read. I maintain that he won't play and I hope I am wrong. 

11 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I know this is hard to believe for some, but....there is another team on the ice that has a say in the outcome of a game!

Not that much of a say - I almost felt like we gave them free run to tie & we got lucky it turned out how it did

I'm thrilled it did - we deserve some things to go our way - we have seen & felt the other side

But let's not try that again tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Because there is no such thing as a "real fan" that doesn't have 1k posts on siouxsports.com. 

19 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

You are correct but that doesnt change the fact that large braces often indicate a ligament injury. He didn't practice at all from what I have read. I maintain that he won't play and I hope I am wrong. 

He won't be playing. We can put that to rest right now.

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

I still don't get that stretch we let them get back in it ?

I was disappointed we did not try even harder to make it 3 or 4 to 0

& yes it did seem like something Hak used to try

In a related story, Denver fans are wondering why DU didn't "try harder" in the first two periods of the game.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

I didn't bother going back and reading the posts, but I do know that the entire game felt like the moment just before you are in a car crash.  Feeling that tense for 3 hours is not healthy.  However working on 4 hours of sleep was totally worth it!  Wish it was Saturday already.

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:
11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Read somewhere that when UND went up 1-0 is was the first time in around 260 minutes of Frozen Four play since they last had a lead.

But hey those games were "closer" than they appeared by some "people.".....I guess we can all call each other out constantly. (Especially in retrospect....it's ok for the hockey players to say they played like crap but not the fans?)

#bucciandmelrosesuck

#badice

(Cant delete the mafia quote box on phone)

• Upvote 1