SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DU - THURSDAY F4 Gameday

AZSIOUX

38 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Same here. My relatives in Denver were awfully chirpy last week leading up to Thursday. I haven't heard a peep from them since Thursday! I swear my Aunt only cheers for DU when they play us. Seems like a Denver thing lol. 

I have a co-worker who's a St. Cloud alum. It never fails, whenever they beat UND or CC, my phone blows up with text messages showing screen shots of the box score. But if his team loses, I never hear a peep from him. A few weeks ago, he sent me an article to the SC Times after the Huskies won the Frozen Faceoff, as if I did t know they had won. So many friends have asked if I returned the favor when St Cloud got bounced by Ferris or when UND won the championship and I just said no-that would be a d*ck move on my part and bad karma. Plus, I'm sure he's pretty well aware of who won those games without my help.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I have a co-worker who's a St. Cloud alum. It never fails, whenever they beat UND or CC, my phone blows up with text messages showing screen shots of the box score. But if his team loses, I never hear a peep from him. A few weeks ago, he sent me an article to the SC Times after the Huskies won the Frozen Faceoff, as if I did t know they had won. So many friends have asked if I returned the favor when St Cloud got bounced by Ferris or when UND won the championship and I just said no-that would be a d*ck move on my part and bad karma. Plus, I'm sure he's pretty well aware of who won those games without my help.

Exactly, I let them chirp.

Every year for the DU series in Denver I only go with them to the game one night. The other night I go with UND fans. I can only put up with their antics once per year!

14 hours ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Let's be Honest Denver was the second best team and would have rocked Qu as bad as we did.  The NCHC probabaly had the three best teams all year SCSU, Denver, and UND.

Let's be honest - no list of the three best teams in the country at the end of the season should include a team that lost in the first round of the NCAA's.  If St Cloud is still top three, then Northeastern is number four.  No way.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Let's be honest - no list of the three best teams in the country at the end of the season should include a team that lost in the first round of the NCAA's.  If St Cloud is still top three, then Northeastern is number four.  No way.

Yeah I tend to agree. To be one of the top 3 teams you have to at least show up for the NCAAs. SCSU was dominant in the regular season at times but lack of consistent play plagued them. My top 3 are UND, DU, QU. Yes, Quinnipiac got worked by us on Saturday but if Cam doesn't play like the brick wall he is we might have been talking about a closer game.

Going into the tournament I thought there were 6 teams (UND, QU, SCSU, BC, Denver, and Providence) that had legitimate shots at winning it all and any other team would have been a little flukey, like Providence last year or Yale 3 years ago. SCSU was the team I was most worried about coming in and I was ecstatic when they choked against Ferris. 

23 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Going into the tournament I thought there were 6 teams (UND, QU, SCSU, BC, Denver, and Providence) that had legitimate shots at winning it all and any other team would have been a little flukey, like Providence last year or Yale 3 years ago. SCSU was the team I was most worried about coming in and I was ecstatic when they choked against Ferris. 

No Lowell?

39 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

No Lowell?

I really have no reason for not including Lowell but at the same time I felt like they weren't on the same level as BC and Providence. Maybe it's just a got feeling thing but I would have included them in a second tier with UMD, BU, Notre Dame, Harvard, and Yale. I felt like Michigan, Northeastern, RIT, and Ferris were on a 3rd level and had no hope at winning it all.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:10 PM, 808287 said:

Great win for the SIOUX!!!

Worst officiating I've seen in years.

And looking back in hindsight, little did we know that 2 nights later, despite managing to win #8, the officiating would be even effen worse!

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, keikla said:

When denver scored that second goal, it felt like we'd lost.  A tie game is one thing.  A tie game in which the other team has the vast majority of the momentum and the season and a chance at the title is on the line is another.  As the camera zoomed in on UND fans around the arena, the vast majority looked utterly deflated.

Then, Schmaltz scored.  It was the most unexpected and elating rollercoaster of emotions I've ever experienced at a game.  I usually scream "woooh!!!!" or something when we score.  This time, I just plain screamed.  My brother jumped so high, I wish I had video.  The poor little girl behind us had been sleeping and woke up crying from the noise haha.  The only game I can think of that felt kinda like that was out at CC a number of years ago when we tied it with 9 seconds left and then won in OT, and the stakes weren't nearly as high then.

It took all of 10 seconds for the elation to return to panic as Denver applied heavy pressure to even it up.  That's probably the loudest I've ever cheered for an empty netter too.

As a whole, that was one of the most nerve wracking yet enjoyable games I've ever seen, and it was worth every penny to be there.  That being said, it's not done, and I fully expect to need copious amounts of Xanax and albuterol on Saturday night. :D

Wow, well said/captured--was there and that's me. 

• Upvote 1