SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DU - THURSDAY F4 Gameday

AZSIOUX

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Character and guts.  Be the 8th from North Dakota on Saturday.  Be the FIRST for the Fighting Hawks.  

6 minutes ago, jk said:

First, this thread is a reminder of how many total losers post here.

second, players of the game for me Ladue and Poolman.  Just amazing defensive performances.

I love my fellow Sioux fans, but it was flat out embarrassing how so many gave up and basically turned on the team when things got dicey.  Where's that North Dakota resilience?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Tip of the hat to Cam Johnson. He was dialed/locked in tonight! The goals allowed were really nothing he could do about. Great performance from him tonight!

He made some incredible saves tonight, played a great game, and gave us a chance to win it late.  Gotta have that kind of goaltending to have any chance of winning a Frozen Four game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, burd said:

I love my fellow Sioux fans, but it was flat out embarrassing how so many gave up and basically turned on the team when things got dicey.  Where's that North Dakota resilience?

Glad I didn't start reading the thread until the last couple pages so that I didn't see any of that garbage from the fair weather crowd.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, burd said:

I follow the live chat during games and don't keep up with the game thread here. Finally finished reading through to catch up and wow you weren't kidding. I do sympathize though as I'm sure all of those folks were having immediate flashbacks of past UND Frozen Four semifinal games where the team folded. This years team has shown it can persevere when facing adversity! Keep the faith!

• Upvote 4

Just now, Wildfan said:

I know North Dakota blocked alot of shots tonight, it was up to 15 after either the 1st or 2nd. Poolman had atleast 6 himself.

Those back to back blocks were freaking amazing. Blocks a shot gets up and takes ripper right to the chest and still keeps going. Just beastly

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Those back to back blocks were freaking amazing. Blocks a shot gets up and takes ripper right to the chest and still keeps going. Just beastly

Shots 1 2 3 T
Denver 4 9 10 23
North Dakota 4 9 10 23
Team Pen-PIM PPG-PPO
Denver 1-2 0-4
North Dakota 4-8 0-1

I can't locate a blocked stats final, but to end up with equal number of shots after being short handed an extra 6 minutes, great shutdown and shot blocking. Those blocked shots were huge, typically when a team has 3 more powerplays the shots are lopsided.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Wonder who Coach Berry will go with if Luke can't go on Saturday.  l know he'll go if he possibly can, but the fact that he couldn't return tonight makes it look doubtful for Saturday.

17 in the lineup, and it's a story that plays for years to come. That's my hope.