SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - SATURDAY - Game 2

AZSIOUX

According to what I just read on the College Hockey sight, both Q and Boston College won last night.  Q beat Cornell 5-2 and BC beat Vermont 3-0.  I hope that somehow I am wrong, but it's too good to be true.  Boston U did get beat last night.

Just went back the College Hockey sight and see that they lost games TODAY, to the aforementioned teams.  That's good (would have been even better if they had also lost last night).

Edited by Old Barn Guy at Home
up dating info

2 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

According to what I just read on the College Hockey sight, both Q and Boston College won last night.  Q beat Cornell 5-2 and BC beat Vermont 3-0.  I hope that somehow I am wrong, but it's too good to be true.  Boston U did get beat last night.

BU, Notre Dame, and Yale were swept.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

DU/UNO game still to finish.  Currently tied at 2 in the 2nd.
If UNO wins today and then tomorrow again, we'd play UNO on Friday.

either way we get a time we beat 4 times and need a 5th or a team we beat 3 times and need a 4th not always easy

1 minute ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

either way we get a time we beat 4 times and need a 5th or a team we beat 3 times and need a 4th not always easy

Yep, agreed.  And both of those teams would be fighting for their PWR Lives...while UND would be comfortably in the tourney.

I think the best part this weekend for me was seeing the boys step on the throat of an inferior opponent. We came out flying right from the puck drop and never gave CC a sniff. In a one and done in two weeks, this will be huge. When we play with the pace we did this weekend, we are the best team in the country. 

We smelled blood early in both games and took it to CC. There will be ebbs and flows to games as the playoffs play out and being able to bury a team when they are struggling at any point in a game will be huge. Great effort from the boys. Can't wait for next weekend.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think the best part this weekend for me was seeing the boys step on the throat of an inferior opponent. We came out flying right from the puck drop and never gave CC a sniff. In a one and done in two weeks, this will be huge. When we play with the pace we did this weekend, we are the best team in the country. 

We smelled blood early in both games and took it to CC. There will be ebbs and flows to games as the playoffs play out and being able to bury a team when they are struggling at any point in a game will be huge. Great effort from the boys. Can't wait for next weekend.

Ditto, spot on analysis.  These past 2 wknds we stepped on throats of 2 inferior opponents.  While that may sound to some like what's the big deal, during this season in particular games we struggled/had tough go at its against not so very good teams Maine (neutral site tie), Bemidji (road tie), Wis (HOME loss), Ala-Huntsville (1-0 UND home win) and CC (5-5 home tie).  Blowing out CC and W Mich last wknd was no foregone conclusion (see proceeding sentence) but UND did just that, taking care of and doing what they needed to do and what was expected.   

9 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

The player who stood out most to me tonight was Stetcher.  He was just plain awesome in his effort, and the unselfish play with hard work to get clear of   traffic, then dish off a pass to a teammate for a better shot instead of trying to finish a "I can do it myself" effort.  He did not hit the score sheet, as his dishes did not generate a goal, but what a beast of an effort to try to do so.

And how can you not love the Gardner-Poganski-L. Johnson line.. Who will be able to match that physicality?? Wow.  That 5th goal was frosting on the cake delivered by one hard working group.

Can't wait for more heroics to come from this team.

During some quiet times on the ice Stetcher was heard coaching the boys! We heard twice, "come on guys, finish, finish"!

L Johnson had some tough games, but is he ever an absolute beast with the puck!

This team is something special!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

During some quiet times on the ice Stetcher was heard coaching the boys! We heard twice, "come on guys, finish, finish"!

L Johnson had some tough games, but is he ever an absolute beast with the puck!

This team is something special!

Luke has seemed to find his brain at the right time in the season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, snova4 said:

Luke has seemed to find his brain at the right time in the season.

Yeah, let's hope he doesn't lose it at the wrong time.  I saw a few times where UND players went after guys after they felt they were wronged.  Chyzyk and Boeser have looked for retribution a few times after missed calls the other way.  Hopefully they take some for the team and the refs make up for missed calls going forward.  Did anyone from UND address the video review of Poolman's hit?  I can see them reviewing the play for a major if they called a penalty initially, but when they didn't call anything, how do you review that.  That is opening a can of worms that can make games 2-1/2 to 3 hours long.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Yeah, let's hope he doesn't lose it at the wrong time.  I saw a few times where UND players went after guys after they felt they were wronged.  Chyzyk and Boeser have looked for retribution a few times after missed calls the other way.  Hopefully they take some for the team and the refs make up for missed calls going forward.  Did anyone from UND address the video review of Poolman's hit?  I can see them reviewing the play for a major if they called a penalty initially, but when they didn't call anything, how do you review that.  That is opening a can of worms that can make games 2-1/2 to 3 hours long.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe the linesman can tell the referee if there was a potential major penalty that the referees missed. Then the referee can review it and decide if there was a major penalty based on replay

46 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe the linesman can tell the referee if there was a potential major penalty that the referees missed. Then the referee can review it and decide if there was a major penalty based on replay

Wonder if that is what happened in this circumstance.

1 hour ago, GreenWing said:

Yep the two infractions a linesman can call major penalty or too many men

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Anyone have video of the hit? I didn't notice it, all I saw was Poolman looking like he was holding the player up by the boards so it couldntv been a cfb

2 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Anyone have video of the hit? I didn't notice it, all I saw was Poolman looking like he was holding the player up by the boards so it couldntv been a cfb

From what I saw, there really wasn't any hit at all.