SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

Some times the good ole days....aren't as good as we think they were. I watched the UC Davis game a year or two ago, I think we ran Jed 7 straight times up the middle to start the game or something like that. We only scored 14 points that game too....at home in the dome in perfect conditions. Not saying we weren't a good team, we won it all so we were obviously very good. But even then our offense wasn't lighting things up when we were up against a really good defense.  The game in general now is much more wide open though. Our offense now is probably about as exciting to watch as it's ever been. Should be fun watching this year with an experienced OL. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Some times the good ole days....aren't as good as we think they were. I watched the UC Davis game a year or two ago, I think we ran Jed 7 straight times up the middle to start the game or something like that. We only scored 14 points that game too....at home in the dome in perfect conditions. Not saying we weren't a good team, we won it all so we were obviously very good. But even then our offense wasn't lighting things up when we were up against a really good defense.  The game in general now is much more wide open though. Our offense now is probably about as exciting to watch as it's ever been. Should be fun watching this year with an experienced OL. 

dale did love to run the ball....that's why im so surprised that bubba "allows" so many trick plays in situations where they are really not needed or warranted....double reverse against richmond, whatever the hell the otis triple option reversie halfback throw (we don't really know how many legs were in that play to this day), and the fake punt/slash qb sneak with q against ndac on our own 20.

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

dale did love to run the ball....that's why im so surprised that bubba "allows" so many trick plays in situations where they are really not needed or warranted....double reverse against richmond, whatever the hell the otis triple option reversie halfback throw (we don't really know how many legs were in that play to this day), and the fake punt/slash qb sneak with q against ndac on our own 20.

No amount of therapy can get me to forget that moment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

matt gave up another qb hurry and at the end of the play was shaking his right arm and grabbing his right pec and shaking his head like he was pissed....played a few more plays then there was challenge and after the challenge he was out......hope he isn't just snake bitten with injuires!!!

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Link?

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Link?

My bad I was off a little, it was 7 of the first 9 plays were runs...pretty much up the middle. But we were getting 7 yards at a crack so why not. It's on YouTube. And the two pass plays were short passes never going more than 5 yards passed the LOS. 

Paterka's FG then got blocked on that first drive. Special Teams failure. You know what happens when a kick gets blocked now days..... immediately fire Kostich. 

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

My bad I was off a little, it was 7 of the first 9 plays were runs...pretty much up the middle. But we were getting 7 yards at a crack so why not. It's on YouTube. And the two pass plays were short passes never going more than 5 yards passed the LOS. 

Paterka's FG then got blocked on that first drive. Special Teams failure. You know what happens when a kick gets blocked now days..... immediately fire Kostich. 

blocked kicks, missed kicks, 20 yard punts, blocked punts, short kickoffs, and fair catches inside your own 10 ...............nothing to see here.

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

blocked kicks, missed kicks, 20 yard punts, blocked punts, short kickoffs, and fair catches inside your own 10 ...............nothing to see here.

All these things you listed happen to EVERY team consistently, especially over the wide sample size of seasons you're using.  On the flipside, our special teams have affected many of these things on other teams consistently over the same span of seasons. What I am most critical about, and where I am hoping for big improvements this season, is our kick coverage and kick blocking. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

All these things you listed happen to EVERY team consistently, especially over the wide sample size of seasons you're using.  On the flipside, our special teams have affected many of these things on other teams consistently over the same span of seasons. What I am most critical about, and where I am hoping for big improvements this season, is our kick coverage and kick blocking. 

Sorry just noticed that this new direction to this thread does not belong here. My bad.

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

EDIT: That last sentence could be read two ways. By “kick blocking,” I mean blocking for our returners. 

4 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Waletzko started again at RT. Injured the other shoulder in first quarter and didn’t return. Too bad. He has been odds on favorite to be their “swing tackle”.  Hopefully, will be able to play. 

Another shoulder subluxation, sounds like. Dang it. He was having a real good preseason from what It sounds like. His other shoulder than last year. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

prognosis....year ender?

Depends on extent of injury and subsequent evaluation. Unfortunately, it can become a recurring problem similar to his other shoulder, but he might also be able to do ok. I would guess they will do an MRI and make a decision based on how quickly he can recover. Have to wait and see. 

• Upvote 1