SiouxSports.com Forum

Two players arrested

northernraider

41 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Just caught something on WDAY about two players arrested for drug possession.  One of which is Iwarri Smith.  

Likely pot????  A totally harmless and acceptable drug according to 3/4s of the posters on this site.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Likely pot????  A totally harmless and acceptable drug according to 3/4s of the posters on this site.  

And could have legally bought at a store if they were enrolled at some colleges in this country. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Stupid post.

regardless of anyone's feelings on pot you are

A) defending an athlete breaking the law, period.

B) well aware of Bubba's standards.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ClassB said:

Stupid post.

regardless of anyone's feelings on pot you are

A) defending an athlete breaking the law, period.

B) well aware of Bubba's standards.

Actually, I am on record saying pot can destroy a team.  I rather have players tossing a few brews back because it is socially acceptable and when someone is 21, it's legal.  I was poking the pro pot guys that argued with me.  Sorry Cratter.......

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Actually, I am on record saying pot can destroy a team.  I rather have players tossing a few brews back because it is socially acceptable and when someone is 21, it's legal.  I was poking the pro pot guys that argued with me.  Sorry Cratter.......

LOL. Not disagreeing, It's illegal, but the laws are changing and if it was across the river in Minnesota basically a "speeding ticket" iirc. Just pointing what likely happened wouldn't have been "illegal" in some states (or possibly a few years from now in ND) and they wouldn't have been arrested. Interesting times ahead. 

I don't think the punishment should be severe, but what that may be Idk. Doesn't mean I agree with them breaking the law or team rules. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

LOL. Not disagreeing, It's illegal, but the laws are changing and if it was across the river in Minnesota basically a "speeding ticket" iirc. Just pointing what likely happened wouldn't have been "illegal" in some states (or possibly a few years from now in ND) and they wouldn't have been arrested. Interesting times ahead. 

I don't think the punishment should be severe, but what that may be Idk. Doesn't mean I agree with them breaking the law or team rules. 

Fair enough.  I hope it's just a small issue that we can get past.

• Upvote 1

I hope Bubba doesn't just let this slide by with a one game suspension     A slap on the wrist will just mean more of the same.   Guys that can't follow the rules need to be booted or the infection just continues to spread.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You don't boot 18 year olds for a misdemeanor.  They get suspended and then you move on.  Happens again, well then there is a decision to make.  

Yeah, if it's' a misdemeanor just suspend them for a game or two.  Now if they're repeat offenders then send them back to Michigan.

12 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

2 years in a row for the team, sounds like a chronic problem-

I see what you did there...haha

In all seriousness I don't think it's a serious problem in the program at this point...suspend them and zero tolerance going forward for these two...

56 minutes ago, TRex said:

I hope Bubba doesn't just let this slide by with a one game suspension     A slap on the wrist will just mean more of the same.   Guys that can't follow the rules need to be booted or the infection just continues to spread.

Let's not jump the gun...they will have their day in court after all I think they've suffered enough. ;)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

2 years in a row for the team, sounds like a chronic problem-

1 hour ago, UND08 said:

I see what you did there...haha

In all seriousness I don't think it's a serious problem in the program at this point...suspend them and zero tolerance going forward for these two...

Yes .............. A cronic problem.  Heh Heh Heh