SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

19 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

It's classic DaveK.  Just looking for some attention.

Since Dave is so desperate for attention, we should conduct a survey or poll to determine why.   I'd go with harsh toilet training coupled with some kind of abandonment syndrome.  The abandonment syndrome might explain the need for attention, and the harsh toilet training would explain the whole gopher thing.   A middle school counselor would be very familiar with Dave's behaviors. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Lost in the PairWise Rankings this week was Red Army's broomball win over Scooby Snacks.  My co-rec team moved just ahead of Michigan's hockey team.

I see your Strength of Schedule is now just a few notches above Penn State's as well. Good job!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, burd said:

Since Dave is so desperate for attention, we should conduct a survey or poll to determine why.   I'd go with harsh toilet training coupled with some kind of abandonment syndrome.  The abandonment syndrome might explain the need for attention, and the harsh toilet training would explain the whole gopher thing.   A middle school counselor would be very familiar with Dave's behaviors. 

Well if you are ever in Fargo, stop at the Loaf'n'Jug and ask him in person. :)

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Lost in the PairWise Rankings this week was Red Army's broomball win over Scooby Snacks.  My co-rec team moved just ahead of Michigan's hockey team.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I see your Strength of Schedule is now just a few notches above Penn State's as well. Good job!

Yea, but we play an 0-3 team this week, so I expect to drop down again after tomorrow night.  :lol:

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Two.
Five.
Eleven.
Eight. 

This team is right about where someone who knows what those numbers are rationally expected. 

I think for once we're going to have to defer to DaveK on this one.  If there is anyone who should be an expert on underachieving, it's a Minnesota fan.  Any other college hockey program with the built in advantages Minnesota has had (major university and money that goes with it, only major university in a hockey mad state, B1G tv money, etc...) would have managed 12-15 national championships easy by now. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SJHovey said:

would have managed 12-15 national championships easy by now. 

" ... a-couple-thirteen-fourteen ... "

" ... fifteen, it was actually thirteen but fifteen sounds like more than fourteen ... "

OK, I'm done channeling Common Man on KFAN. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, DaveK said:

Duluth is a very good team and although they managed to get beat by CC, their situation is very different than UND's. Duluth was in a strong enough position in the standings as well as PWR that an unexpected loss wasn't too devastating for them big picture. They're still in good shape.

For UND, being now on the bubble due to underachieving for much of this season so far, they no longer have the margin for error. If they're as good a team as I think they are, they will sweep CC and win just enough of the remaining games after that series to sneak into the field of 16 and will be very tough to beat in Fargo (even if they only manage to earn a 4 seed).

However, if they should happen to get swept by CC or even settle for a split, I believe at that point we'll be able to safely say they just aren't as good as we thought they were. Yes, a good team can get beat by a bad team. It happens all the time, but not when the good team has its back to the wall.

Put it this way... if CC is scary then what does that make the remaining 8 games?

I think most UND fans think we are just not that good at this point and that the goal, which is not a sure thing, is to get into the tournament.   We lost to much to be a favorite to win another banner.  Sometimes being the underdog is OK.    

13 hours ago, DaveK said:

Duluth is a very good team and although they managed to get beat by CC, their situation is very different than UND's. Duluth was in a strong enough position in the standings as well as PWR that an unexpected loss wasn't too devastating for them big picture. They're still in good shape.

For UND, being now on the bubble due to underachieving for much of this season so far, they no longer have the margin for error. If they're as good a team as I think they are, they will sweep CC and win just enough of the remaining games after that series to sneak into the field of 16 and will be very tough to beat in Fargo (even if they only manage to earn a 4 seed).

However, if they should happen to get swept by CC or even settle for a split, I believe at that point we'll be able to safely say they just aren't as good as we thought they were. Yes, a good team can get beat by a bad team. It happens all the time, but not when the good team has its back to the wall.

Put it this way... if CC is scary then what does that make the remaining 8 games?

Yeah, because Duluth wouldn't want to win the Penrose Cup for the first time! :silly:     I know winning the Big Ten doesn't hold any prestige, but believe me winning the NCHC regular season title is quite an accomplishment.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, because Duluth wouldn't want to win the Penrose Cup for the first time! :silly:     I know winning the Big Ten doesn't hold any prestige, but believe me winning the NCHC regular season title is quite an accomplishment. 

B1G regular season trophies end up in the equipment manager's garage along with other things which have no value but probably should not be put in the trash, like used motor oil and broken blenders. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, cberkas said:

New bracket's out and Fargo is the "Regional of Death"

Bemidji vs Duluth

North Dakota vs Minnesota

Duluth get a tougher team with Bemidji. Minnesota was moved for attendance, it makes no sense but oh well.

Perfect! Nothing better than playing the Goofers in that atmosphere in Fargo!

Winning it all will have to go through Duluth anyway, chances of winning are best there!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Bemidji vs Duluth

Duluth get a tougher team with Bemidji. Minnesota was moved for attendance, it makes no sense but oh well.

Were the bolded to happen ...

Ticket prices:

SRO - left testicle
Seats (more than ten rows from glass) - include other testicle
Seats (within ten rows of glass) - also include wife/girlfriend 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Bemidji vs Duluth

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ticket prices:

SRO - left testicle

So your wife//girlfriend is including her purse in the deal for glass seats?   ;)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Were the bolded to happen ...

Ticket prices:

SRO - left testicle

In all fairness, if you've already given up your testicles...there's no reason not to upgrade to closer seats by trading something you no longer have use for:0

• Upvote 1

If team doesn't end the season at 14 or higher in the Pairwise and misses the NCAAs it will be a huge failure. Is this team close to last year? No. Is it talent wise at a minimum the 14th best team in the nation? Absolutely.

• Upvote 2