SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Western Mich - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

2-0 UND

we had better play better tomorrow night.

Yah, we had better.  Starting to sense the Fri night blues.  Lost to Neb-O at home, blow huge lead and tie lowly 8th place CC, and tonight struggle to get past lowly 7th place W Mich.  Yah, I know we're lacking some firepower with the injuries but come on guys, it takes us nearly a full game to score against a porous defense?  It's a win but spoiled we are I guess.

That review was a joke.  TH said that it was at least 8 minutes.  If that was a goal, that is the arena managements fault because the overhead camera was not at the right angle.  Hopefully they fix that for tomorrow nights game.  I am looking forward to having Pat Micheletti as the analyst tomorrow night on ASN .  I hope he leaves his Maroon and Gold glasses at home and calls a great game.  I really respect him for what he does for the Wild and beyond the pond on KFAN.  Anyone have any inside info on Gaardner?  Will he be playing tomm. night?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LetsGoSioux! said:

Nice to see the Hawks get the W.  Cliche alert:  no easy wins in this league.  (Yes I know St Cloud murdered Western last week)

therein lies the rub.

A loss to a bottom feeder team can tank our ranking.  Which is not in itself such a bad thing.  But if we (meaning the team) buy into it, it could be the reverse of the Hak attack in the seaon after the break.

5 minutes ago, bcblues said:

therein lies the rub.

A loss to a bottom feeder team can tank our ranking.  Which is not in itself such a bad thing.  But if we (meaning the team) buy into it, it could be the reverse of the Hak attack in the seaon after the break.

This team swept Blais' team, which doesn't mean much. 

31 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I guess since it was not called during the run of play, it would have (supposedly) been a pretty conclusive video review.

That's part of what was so confusing aout it all...it actually was called during the run of play.  The ref by the goal line pointed a goal then pulled his arm back uncertainly after a couple seconds when play continued.

10 minutes ago, keikla said:

That's part of what was so confusing aout it all...it actually was called during the run of play.  The ref by the goal line pointed a goal then pulled his arm back uncertainly after a couple seconds when play continued.

I missed that

15 minutes ago, burd said:

This team swept Blais' team, which doesn't mean much. 

You gotta ALWAYS win to stay on top.  That it the pressure of being on top.  Everyone is gunning for you (which they would be anyway, but with added vengeance/incentive).

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

Yah, we had better.  Starting to sense the Fri night blues.  Lost to Neb-O at home, blow huge lead and tie lowly 8th place CC, and tonight struggle to get past lowly 7th place W Mich.  Yah, I know we're lacking some firepower with the injuries but come on guys, it takes us nearly a full game to score against a porous defense?  It's a win but spoiled we are I guess.

Every line was juggled. Makes sense to me that chemistry would be a little bit lacking early on. Second period was bad. Played much better in the third and the results showed.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That was a good grind it out road win with 4 of our top 9 forwards out. Cam was solid throughout. 

The review was 9 minutes....ridiculous. People were getting degrees at Dickinson State a few years back in less time than that! Go Hawks.....Blue or Fighting.

Great to see Cam bounce back after a weekend that saw him fight the puck a bit, IMO. 

We definitely struggled at times tonight, but we got it done. Third period was by far our best. Not having Drake, Nick and Rhett definitely caused some struggles. Those three are great players and all three create chances and score goals. Wilkie is no slouch, either. It'll be good to see Rhett back in tomorrow and I think that greatly improves our chances. Put Rhett back in between Boeser and Gersich and I am completely fine with our top two lines. 

Boeser with 17 on year. 3 back of nation lead at 20..Nice grind out win. Nice work by cam again and the team D. Another shutout! This team is very good they don't give up goals. Just get through tommrow and get back 3/4 top skaters possibly for the home stretch. Team D is great.

2 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

Boeser with 17 on year. 3 back of nation lead at 20..Nice grind out win. Nice work by cam again and the team D. Another shutout! This team is very good they don't give up goals. Just get through tommrow and get back 3/4 top skaters possibly for the home stretch. Team D is great.

Agreed.  Team D was decent, with some great back checks, especially in the second.  Wanted more offense tonight, but with the mixed lines it makes sense that the score was low and it took the sniper to put it away.  3 points in hand.  Let's come back and get 3 more tomorrow night!

GO SIOUX!!!

1 minute ago, Goon said:

It took the on-ice officials 7-8 minutes to review what was obviously not a goal. 

I've watched this a lot and though I think it hits the post due to the direction it bounced back; I don't think it is obvious. However, the review should have been no more than a minute or two since there is no obvious evidence to change what they called on the ice.

Also, WMU needs to fix the angle they have for their over the net camera. It's near impossible to make a 100% certain call with an angle that bad.

47 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Postseason matchup of Michigan's offense vs UND's defense would be cool to watch.

With maybe some payback for the Frattin year...

From what I've seen from Michigan, I think when healthy, our offense is just as good. Our D is WORLDS ahead of theirs. I'd be a bit nervous to face that kind of attack, but we've shown the ability this season absolutely dominate the back end. 

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

That was a good grind it out road win with 4 of our top 9 forwards out. Cam was solid throughout. 

The review was 9 minutes....ridiculous. People were getting degrees at Dickinson State a few years back in less time than that! Go Hawks.....Blue or Fighting.

I like the Red ones in baseball too