SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Hawks vs. UNO Mavericks - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I'm going UND 4-2 as well. 

UNO's top line produced 9 points last night...........that is on everyone in the UND locker room.  Outside of this 3 UNO players there isn't much else there from what I saw.  UND will be better....especially with the puck.

15 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

is Wilkie hurt? I thought he looked good last night. At least in the first. I see st Clair is out, thought he looked pretty rusty last night.

Wilkie was a -3 last night. Might have something to do with it... 

I know not everyone likes the plus/minus stat, but just trying to determine a reasoning... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Wilkie was a -3 last night. Might have something to do with it... 

I know not everyone likes the plus/minus stat, but just trying to determine a reasoning... 

haha that's gotta be it. I noticed him once early but then I guess I wasn't paying attention. -3 is garbage

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

Wolanin and shaw should least be splitting weekends. Wolanin had shown more to this point more effective. Get up early and make it physical if possible 

olson and Sanderson in for Wilkie and st Clair

agreed, wolanin is the real deal.

From brads Blog

Parizek out tonight 

I think it’s a no-brainer. Caggiula dumped the puck in the zone and was about four feet outside the blue line. The puck was at the end wall, a good 70 feet away

Parizek skated up behind Caggiula and cross-checked him in the back of the head. Those are the hits hockey needs to eliminate. Totally unnecessary and could cause concussions.

what a scumbag for a hit like that. Get up and throw these guys around

Wilkie has been amping up his compete level a lot lately. I'm bummed he's out, but he hasn't been producing. A night in the stands might help. Shaw looked pretty solid last night. I know he's an offensive D in general, but his D zone coverage has been good early. He does a good job of taking guys off the puck.

Let's see some effort tonight, minus the mistakes.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

is Wilkie hurt? I thought he looked good last night. At least in the first. I see st Clair is out, thought he looked pretty rusty last night.

I thought Wilkie played pretty well last night too and seemed to be a little quicker and on the puck more so I'm surprised to see him out tonight. Kinda figured St. Clair would be out tonight and that they will try to bring him along slowly.

Let's see how this team responds when they realize that they would have just ended their season if this were a NCAA regional.

I'm looking for some feet constantly moving tonight, and much better puck protection.

GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I think we will see a more motivated team tonight.  I was shocked to see how lax they played at time last night.  And I expect we will put more pressure on the UNO goalie (is the frosh starting again tonight?).

5-2 UND

Frosh out, normal backup in

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

And LJ gets knocked down to 3rd line RW, never thought that would happen but I'm glad it has so far!!!

Tim's radio interview with Berry was enlightening.   ... "it gives him more room to make plays happen"... (and parenthesis less defensive responsibility which the center carries).   Liking Gardner's contributions, will be interesting to see them together.

Just now, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Anybody else watching on NCHC.tv and seeing the picture quality particularly poor?  It almost looks like it's the wrong aspect ratio, too.

Yep. It looks like they are pulling the FCS non-HD feed instead of direct from Midco