SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Hawks vs. UNO Mavericks - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That was a lot more fun to watch than last night. 

At least Cags has some time to heal as UND plays CC and then Western Michigan. 

IF...Caggs has a collarbone issue, that's 6 weeks.  Hope he's not dealing with anything that serious.  He's also the leading NCAA "games played" Senior and I'd like to see him keep that going.

• Upvote 1

Solid game tonight with a little more physical play. I thought the reffing was awful tonight Omaha got away with a bunch of holding and hooking while the refs called the Sioux for 2 or 3 penalties on Omaha dives and another 2 that I thought were good clean checks. Thought it was weird for Wilkie to be benched tonight as he played pretty well last night but saw Berry mentioned he was out with an injury as was Wolanin so that explained it. Hopefully Caggiula, Wilkie, and Wolanin aren't out too long but if they are out for any time its nice to have some depth where guys like Olson and Sanderson stepped in tonight with pretty nice games. Also really thought Gersich played well tonight and if Caggiula does miss any games I think Gersich is the best fit to fill in on that top line.

Scoring is starting to spread around a bit, which is great to see.
Omaha, on the other hand, will win or lose based upon how the Taco line does.
I didn't notice any other line for them other than Taco/Guentz. 

Much better effort tonight for UND...defensively limited them much better than last night.

Hopefully Cags is ok...

• Upvote 1

The check that ended Jewels' night was open-ice.  That makes me think not a collarbone (good thing)...usually you need the boards or the ice to break a clavicle.  I'm thinking its likely a shoulder separation (on my non-professional medical nor hockey wisdom) at worst.  If that's true, he will likely only miss CC