SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

21 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Hockey in general is a regional sport, I don't get the surprise that a game that is played on frozen water is less popular that one that can be played anywhere in the world at any time with just a football.  Anyone can step outside and play catch with a football, but you can't go outside and have a skate or shoot on a net unless you live in northern states and have means to afford expensive skates, sticks, etc. and have outdoor rinks or have access to limited ice time in southern states. I don't see it as a bad thing, it's just different.

That being said, does anyone have access to the viewer numbers for the UND v BC game at MSG? I'd be curious to see how it did. 

I couldn't find it on a quick search.  Typically, the NCAA men's hockey championship game gets around 500,000 viewers nationwide.  UND's win over QU on ESPN2 garnered  541,000 viewers.  Famously, a tape delayed broadcast of the Gopher Women against BC in their title game outdrew the men's game that year, with 651,000 viewers on CBS.  The FCS football title game gets around 1.5 million viewers.

http://www.startribune.com/frozen-four-title-game-ratings-dip-again-but-hit-good-numbers-on-espn2/375466641/

• Upvote 1

Well this answers my question from last weekend:

I’m told that freshman forward Gavin Hain wasn’t healthy enough to play last weekend, which is why he was out of the lineup, even though he did practice last week. Hain skated again Friday and looks like he’s ready to come back in the lineup.

Good news if he can get back out there tomorrow.

4 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

http://m.startribune.com/north-dakota-hockey-fans-greatly-outnumber-those-of-gophers-in-las-vegas/498757481/

"Worst fans in hockey" used to describe UND fans. 

Apparently we throw beer, spit, curse, and abuse you if you come to the Ralph.  

I could write a novel on my experiences with Minnesota fans at both Mariucci and neutral sites (also with their keyboard warriors online) but they didn’t ask me so... 

There are bad fans everywhere. Minnesota fans should get out more. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I could write a novel on my experiences with Minnesota fans at both Mariucci and neutral sites (also with their keyboard warriors online) but they didn’t ask me so... 

Yeah, I've got a book full of em from the final five.  They can throw stones from their glass house. 

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I remember some moronic buffoon from the the Minnesota fan base that confronted me in the bathroom after Holy Cross had beaten the Gophers in the 2007 west regional and this moron says, "We would've won."

I said Skippy, "It doesn't matter, your team is already on the bus headed down I-29."  

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Minnesota fans would rival Philly fans if they could....

Thankfully they have not attained high enough levels of intellectual capacity to be capable as of yet.

The Philly Fans are too busy shouting #FireHak 

12 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

It’s a shame the writer didn’t ask me about the Gopher fans who caused $3K worth of damage to my brand-new Ford Escape at the 2012 or 2013 Final Five...

• Upvote 2