SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

35 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

All I can say is that there is confidentiality contracts signed that prohibit the early release of the jerseys. So I honestly do not know what they will look like. I imagine that they will have some reference to the Sioux nickname.

Eventually you may see throwback references to the Sioux name on jerseys.  But not this soon after the debacle.  So I would say it is a long shot.  And by long shot, I mean zero chance of happening.  Some day.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

That's what I looked up before I got my tickets.  It seems odd that UND doesn't take the Wrangler's bench.  It surprises me that a lot of venues, especially hockey venues, have no clue where each team shoots twice when they are selling tickets.  I would bet they are asked that question numerous times, at least I ask it or research it before I get my tickets.  Just disappointed this time that UND did the opposite of what the home team does. 

It was explained to me this way:

At the Orleans Arena, the large home team locker room is behind the bench closest to the horseshoe end with all the seats. The team on that bench would then shoot twice at the end with no seats.  Apparently, the Wranglers and the visiting team would come out of their locker rooms and then actually switch benches, so the Wranglers could shoot twice at the horseshoe. 

UND wants to use the home team locker room, and there is no way these teams are going to be allowed to skate out and switch benches.

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Eventually you may see throwback references to the Sioux name on jerseys.  But not this soon after the debacle.  So I would say it is a long shot.  And by long shot, I mean zero chance of happening.  Some day.

I wouldn't say zero chance because UND needs to use the logo to keep it's TM licence current. Since it wont be used in a game (only during warm-ups) I could see them using something Sioux related especially with its biggest donors being in Vegas. 

On the other hand, I understand why one would say there is no chance that UND uses it due to UND wanting to move away from the Sioux name all together. 

32 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I wouldn't say zero chance because UND needs to use the logo to keep it's TM licence current. Since it wont be used in a game (only during warm-ups) I could see them using something Sioux related especially with its biggest donors being in Vegas. 

On the other hand, I understand why one would say there is no chance that UND uses it due to UND wanting to move away from the Sioux name all together. 

They sell merchandise to keep it current, which they do with the Dacotah Legacy collection. I'm not sure using it on warm-ups constitutes much "use" to that extent.

While it would obviously generate a level of excitement among the crowd, frankly I'd be pretty disappointed if they came out with something that referenced the old name/logo unless it somehow incorporated all of them, including the current one. Even then, I'm not sure how that plays into the settlement because any newly created merchandise with the retired logos needs to have the Dacotah Legacy marks on them. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

They could shock everyone and have the words Fighting Hawks with the logo on it.

Matt and Candace of USCHO have UND finishing the season in second place. 

PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH

Candace Horgan
1) Minnesota Duluth
2) North Dakota
3) St. Cloud State
4) Colorado College
5) Denver
6) Western Michigan
7) Omaha
8) Miami

Matthew Semisch
1) Minnesota Duluth
2) North Dakota
3) St. Cloud State
4) Colorado College
5) Denver
6) Western Michigan
7) Omaha
8) Miami

1 hour ago, Kooshnitz said:

Anyone looking at flights recently to vegas? Kinda looking at going with the wife last minute they are around 350-400 from msp to vegas. Anyone see anything better? 

Try Omaha or Des Moines. Got mine out of Omaha for about 300 with Luggage fees on allegiant! :(

3 hours ago, Kooshnitz said:

Anyone looking at flights recently to vegas? Kinda looking at going with the wife last minute they are around 350-400 from msp to vegas. Anyone see anything better? 

We almost booked a flight for the Sat morning to Phoenix and rented a car for the 4 hour(i believe) drive. Round trip to phoenix were under $200 cant remember if MSP/OMA/FSD departure tho. I also once looked into spending a few days in LA cheap flights to LAX or surrounding airports and renting a car one way or taking megabus to Vegas

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Game has impacted prices from Sioux Falls. 

Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot, Bismarck and Sioux Falls were around double the normal price on Allegiant and they even released flights later than normal. They were well aware of what was going on. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot, Bismarck and Sioux Falls were around double the normal price on Allegiant and they even released flights later than normal. They were well aware of what was going on. 

We are flying on Frontier and booked a while back out of Omaha...here’s what I found searching just this morning ...price includes rountrip airfare for 2. Leaving Thurs and returning  Sun.

2152E342-BA46-493E-8025-0DE1064D5C74.png

1 hour ago, Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls said:

We are flying on Frontier and booked a while back out of Omaha...here’s what I found searching just this morning ...price includes rountrip airfare for 2. Leaving Thurs and returning  Sun.

2152E342-BA46-493E-8025-0DE1064D5C74.png

We ended up getting our flight, hotel (3 nights @ TI) & round trip airport shuttle package for $400 per person, back when we booked in April. Since there was a question about current options & prices so just wanted to show what most recent prices via Omaha are looking like...at least on Frontier.

5 hours ago, Sioux Fan in Sioux Falls said:

We ended up getting our flight, hotel (3 nights @ TI) & round trip airport shuttle package for $400 per person, back when we booked in April. Since there was a question about current options & prices so just wanted to show what most recent prices via Omaha are looking like...at least on Frontier.

Yeah ill keep on eye on omaha we are in northern MN so its about 8 hours there but I dont mind driving. Wifes a teacher so its hard to get much "sick"time from school. I think I can get tickets last minunte, ill keep an eye on it the next week. Maybe they will drop at the last minute well see. 

5 hours ago, Kooshnitz said:

Yeah ill keep on eye on omaha we are in northern MN so its about 8 hours there but I dont mind driving. Wifes a teacher so its hard to get much "sick"time from school. I think I can get tickets last minunte, ill keep an eye on it the next week. Maybe they will drop at the last minute well see. 

Not to be a downer but ... if they toss a couple more stinkers against purple cow.... some fair weathers may think twice about dropping a few grand on a weekend in Vegas and dump tix cheap.  

Kinda what I’m counting on,  wasn’t going o go due to other plans so gave tix away, now if I can get em cheap....