SiouxSports.com Forum

Olivera and Santiago

geaux_sioux

I think Santiago has a real shot to finish second in the nation in rushing yards as a true FR. Probably no shot of catching the guy from Lamar. The guy from Forham only has one game left. And Coprich plays USD who have a really solid D this year. I like Santiagos chances of leapfrogging those last two. How cool would it be to have a true freshman all american.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs

• Upvote 3

He is definitely an all-American, probably 3rd team maybe 2nd team.  What he has done for this offense is insurmountable. He vision and ability is just incredible.  For being a "smaller" guy, he had shown extreme toughness, not only in his stiff arm abilities but also in the demanding amount of carries he has endured.  Add to that, shifty, fast and a great attitude . Very fortunate to have him for 3 more years

years 

He is definitely an all-American, probably 3rd team maybe 2nd team.  What he has done for this offense is insurmountable. He vision and ability is just incredible.  For being a "smaller" guy, he had shown extreme toughness, not only in his stiff arm abilities but also in the demanding amount of carries he has endured.  Add to that, shifty, fast and a great attitude . Very fortunate to have him for 3 more years

years 

Just wait til he adds 25-30 lbs over the next three years. He will be even faster and stronger.

It's a safe assumption he will not be a factor the rest of this season.  I hope no one gets their hopes up.  Fingers crossed that it isn't major so that it heals quickly and lessens the amount of time he will miss in the off season.

I honestly don't care about that. I just don't want him to spend his first winter season rehabbing a knee. 

I've got some friends who are worried that Santiago might transfer. I told him thats a stupid thing to worry about, that it doesn't really happen that often in football, and isn't a common practice IMO (not an opinion matter, but I don't have many examples).

I said people like Zenner, Bauman from NAU, Kupp, Prukop, etc. hadn't transferred ever and that was my example of why it doesn't happen often. Can anyone confirm that it is not a common practice to transfer to FBS after good FCS seasons? I'm pretty sure the year-long transfer rule in play there.

Kenny Golladay.  Palendech.  Big Snacks Edwards. 

I'm not familiar with edwards? Palendech - no playing time, Golladay - change in coaching regime. I think playing time and regime are different causes, not big seasons.

Vern Adams 

That was my friend's example.

Is there any known examples of huge seasons resulting in a transfer? Is there any reason to worry about that?

I'm not familiar with edwards? Palendech - no playing time, Golladay - change in coaching regime. I think playing time and regime are different causes, not big seasons.

That was my friend's example.

Is there any known examples of huge seasons resulting in a transfer? Is there any reason to worry about that?

I'd rate it as the same odds as me landing a date with Jennifer Lawrence.

• Upvote 1