SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Game Day Thread

Sioux94

Very true, I think the Cal Poly game is going to be tough on the road but they are looking very beatable.  I think Montana is almost out myself but just barely hanging in on the bubble also. 

At least one convincing win in our last two would help our cause.  We need to win two and at least put ourselves in the discussion.  There will be lots of 7 win teams in that discussion but hopefully the FBS win stands out.  This team could lose these last two as easily as easily as we could win them.  

SUU remaing schedule

away MSU and PSU

home NAU

NAU Remaining schedule

away EWU

Home Sac St.

Away SUU

PSU and EWU are our friends now.

I think Big Sky gets 4 teams in if we win out. 

PSU, EWU if SUU beats NAU and one other SUU in .

Also keep in mind that NAU and SUU both have D2 wins on their schedule.

I was also digging around this morning and it appeared to me that PSU and EWU are indeed our friends right now.

He's a true frosh as well. Unbelievable numbers from him. I can't wait to see him play in person. He's the best QB in the conference already.

Funny they had a FBS drop down bail on them shortly before the season started.  Cookus would probably redshirted if the other had not bailed on NAU

At least one convincing win in our last two would help our cause.  We need to win two and at least put ourselves in the discussion.  There will be lots of 7 win teams in that discussion but hopefully the FBS win stands out.  This team could lose these last two as easily as easily as we could win them.  

The Portland State win could be more impressive than the Wyoming win (in actuality it certainly is, but also to the selection committee's standards). If Portland State wins their next three games, they will win the Big Sky Conference, be a top 10 FCS team, and their only loss will be to UND.....

The Portland State win could be more impressive than the Wyoming win (in actuality it certainly is, but also to the selection committee's standards). If Portland State wins their next three games, they will win the Big Sky Conference, be a top 10 FCS team, and their only loss will be to UND.....at home. well, kinda... in Hillsborough.  :D

Edited by Teeder11

Looked at the missed xpoint on siouxfootballinsider.  It would be nice to know who that official is under the right side of the goal post as you face it from the field.  How many other calls have been questionable regarding UND.

If anyone was at the game, Reid's reaction after they called it no good should have told everyone it went through.  He argued it with a couple different officials and was pointing at exactly where it went through.  Is this a non review-able call?  I am not going to lie, after the last few 4th quarter meltdowns I was bracing myself for that costing us the game.  

If anyone was at the game, Reid's reaction after they called it no good should have told everyone it went through.  He argued it with a couple different officials and was pointing at exactly where it went through.  Is this a non review-able call?  I am not going to lie, after the last few 4th quarter meltdowns I was bracing myself for that costing us the game.  

Instead of arguing he should put it down the middle. End of story. He kicked it wide enough that they had the option of screwing up the call. Don't ever leave it in the refs hands. I've been burned by refs too many times to count. Even good ones make mistakes. Make it an obvious call and you don't need to worry. A PAT is the easiest play in all of sports, easier than a free throw.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

He's a true frosh as well. Unbelievable numbers from him. I can't wait to see him play in person. He's the best QB in the conference already.

Is he actually? I mean I don't know but and unfortunately could not make it to the game Saturday but doesn't Prukop have an argument?

Edited by sioux24/7

The officials need to do their job correctly. Call it as it is. Yes, the kick could've been better, but they need to call it correctly. End of story. 

Amen. I am sick and tired of the "human element" being used as an alibi anytime a referee screws up a call. PATs should fall into the "a caveman could do it" category.

Instead of arguing he should put it down the middle. End of story. He kicked it wide enough that they had the option of screwing up the call. Don't ever leave it in the refs hands. I've been burned by refs too many times to count. Even good ones make mistakes. Make it an obvious call and you don't need to worry. A PAT is the easiest play in all of sports, easier than a free throw.

How do you know they wouldn't mess that up too? It looked like those refs were working a different game than the one we were all watching. The officiating in this league SUCKS and it won't get better with people giving the refs alibis when they mess up the most elementary of calls. Remember what happened in Greeley about three years ago? Was that just the "human element" at work too? :silly:

Either these guys step up and eliminate the stupid mistakes or they should be replaced. Period. End of story.

How do you know they wouldn't mess that up too? It looked like those refs were working a different game than the one we were all watching. The officiating in this league SUCKS and it won't get better with people giving the refs alibis when they mess up the most elementary of calls. Remember what happened in Greeley about three years ago? Was that just the "human element" at work too? :silly:

Either these guys step up and eliminate the stupid mistakes or they should be replaced. Period. End of story.

Ive read on opposing teams sites that this has been an ongoing issue.  It's every team!  Very unfortunate that the refs get by with a lot of this bull. Thank god for replay review as it has at least reversed some of the calls.  It seem like Saturday the refs had money on the game, not saying, just saying 

• Upvote 2

The officials need to do their job correctly. Call it as it is. Yes, the kick could've been better, but they need to call it correctly. End of story. 

100% agree. If he made it he made it. 

Nobody says we should have gotten that fumble out earlier so ref couldn't screw that up.  Thankfully there was replay on that one. 

Edited by Siouxperman8
  • Upvote 1

That  supposed incomplete pass call has to go down as one of top 5 wtf moments in und football.  Forgetting about replay, I screamed all 6 shades of red out of my face. When I couldn't scream anymore the only thing I could was to laugh hysterically at those bafoons!  I thought , "here we go"!  They did not show the replay until the "refs " indicated they weren't really refs, just the fact that they slept at holiday inn express!  

• Upvote 1

That  supposed incomplete pass call has to go down as one of top 5 wtf moments in und football.  Forgetting about replay, I screamed all 6 shades of red out of my face. When I couldn't scream anymore the only thing I could was to laugh hysterically at those bafoons!  I thought , "here we go"!  They did not show the replay until the "refs " indicated they weren't really refs, just the fact that they slept at holiday inn express!  

I lost my voice on Sunday and still don't have it back.  I wonder if screaming at the refs after that play is what happened to me.  

I lost my voice on Sunday and still don't have it back.  I wonder if screaming at the refs after that play is what happened to me.  

After the reversal was announced, the replay is shown and the crowd actually chuckled.  Basically wondering how someone or more importantly , a supposed collective group of paid "professionals" could generate that thought process. 

Whoa, easy there. Even good kickers miss PAT's just like good refs miss calls. Statistically you're way off by saying PAT is easier than a free throw but I'm sure you already know that. 

That face mask that wasn't called against Montana, I think that had to be the most obvious missed call I've ever seen in my lifetime of watching football.  A guy is running full speed (WITH THE BALL) and he gets yanked around 180 degrees......and not a single official saw that???  How does that happen???

• Upvote 1