SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Game Day Thread

Sioux94

Take 15,000 students.

Only 10,000 are on campus students.

It happens every year. Season progresses less people go. It's nothing new why do people sound so surprised? Do we have yearly amnesia?

Did you see the rest of the attendance? The general public sucks also. (I'm a general public.)

Attendance was 7,000.

Edited by Cratter

Sounded like Bubba wanted to have one QB run play (to set up the running game and make MSU think that a QB run was in the playbook) on the first possession, and they didn't plan to run Keaton. Keaton was expected to be out for  6 weeks and isn't 100% after three

Looked like he was limping some late in the game/after the game.

The student turnout is poor, yes. I hate that, as well as you.

like it or not hockey has taken a toll on the quality of our football fans, vs Idaho state I had to turn around and literally shush the student section because they were cheering while we were on offense. Hockey has taught them them to cheer whenever and wherever, but especially after good things happen. Football fans need to cheer while their team is on defense. In addition, they are used to winning and only winning (see 7 frozen fours in 11 years).

also, the students who do show up, cheer much better than the full section of general admission adjacent. Maybe instead of pointing fingers you should get up off your own ass and cheer during the game ? 

see my post @ gundy1124. Also, how many times have I read "I usually make the trip from (somewhere generic and far away) but I won't be anymore this season blah blah blah" on this forum? Until you're doing your damnedest to make home field advantage a reality, watch your own bobber.

• Upvote 1

If you wanna try and fix something after this game wouldn't it be the defense (again)?

oh and turnovers (again)!

I don't disagree.  Defense has to be the #1 focus  

Offensively I would put catching the ball ahead of Oline but we didn't play a clean game today upfront. 

This game was so close. Two equally "ok" teams going at it. Stats pretty even in total offense/turnovers. Montana State one broken tackle away from winning this game.

If this game is played in Montana, Mt State wins. But that's football. Still lots of work to do both on offense and defense.

I don't disagree.  Defense has to be the #1 focus  

Offensively I would put catching the ball ahead of Oline but we didn't play a clean game today upfront. 

Yes, the penalties when we had the short fields on the MSU turnovers were killers.  One negated a touchdown.  Just think, clean that up and put points and who knows its a blowout and we put up 60. 

see my post @ gundy1124. Also, how many times have I read "I usually make the trip from (somewhere generic and far away) but I won't be anymore this season blah blah blah" on this forum? Until you're doing your damnedest to make home field advantage a reality, watch your own bobber.

Can't believe less than half the GP (general population) wasn't even standing on MSUs fourth down for their last play of the game for UND to win the ball game!

Luckily the rest of us making noise gave the Defense that little extra boost to knock the pass down. :xmas:

Edited by Cratter

Clive with 2 receptions, both for TDs.  He needs about 10-12 targets a game these last 2 games.  MSU couldn't run with him.

I can't believe we don't have more than 50 students that want to watch a free football game.  I will say it, our students are a joke. Take 15,000 students, 300 are at the game or participating in the game. (Players, trainers, cheer team, band). We are at 2%, wow!!

100 % agree!!   On a cooler, rainy, windy day I guess students in grand forks nd have better things to do, like yard work or hunting, or maybe fixing the dryer!??!????  I guess they have much better things to do then supporting the football team ?????  

This game was so close. Two equally "ok" teams going at it. Stats pretty even in total offense/turnovers. Montana State one broken tackle away from winning this game.

If this game is played in Montana, Mt State wins. But that's football. Still lots of work to do both on offense and defense.

Agree.......2 decent teams with some really good talent but also some not so good talent.

Again was a terrific game to watch. Just ask one of the 18 students who was there.

Clive with 2 receptions, both for TDs.  He needs about 10-12 targets a game these last 2 games.  MSU couldn't run with him.

I can't believe we don't have more than 50 students that want to watch a free football game.  I will say it, our students are a joke. Take 15,000 students, 300 are at the game or participating in the game. (Players, trainers, cheer team, band). We are at 2%, wow!!

I don't think UND even attempted 10 passes today. 

100 % agree!!   On a cooler, rainy, windy day I guess students in grand forks nd have better things to do, like yard work or hunting, or maybe fixing the dryer!??!????  I guess they have much better things to do then supporting the football team ?????  

What has the football team done to do aanything to excite fans lately though. Get embarrassed by the in state rival, then actually win a big game against Portland state to then go out and lay 3 eggs. The team has never been able to sustain excitement and students do have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watch a team that dissapoints at the first hint of improvement. 

• Downvote 3