SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bemidji State - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Berry:  "Gotta move the puck North..." (when you're in a tight game).  Not much play in the BSU zone in the 3rd.  C'mon boys, get it together to support the first minutes of your backup GT.  Guessing Matt will start tomorrow, too.  Need to move the puck out fast and keep it in the big rodent's zone.

Great start came out with a lot of speed and took BSU a while to adjust. As the game went on BSU did a pretty good job of clogging stuff up and taking away shooting lanes and really just playing their typical tough to play against style. The injuries seem to be mounting after losing Janatuinen in game as well. The Schmaltz line looked pretty solid creating chances again tonight but seemed like they missed Gersich who I think is about the perfect fit with Schmaltz and Boeser so hopefully we can get him back tomorrow. Goaltending is still a pretty big concern for me especially with Cam's injury and another couple goals that probably should have been stopped tonight. I think Bemidji had 3 PP goals and we have know given up 4 in 3 games so really gotta get the PK figured out. Also not sure on the numbers but seem like we struggled on faceoffs especially in the d zone.

Edited by SiouxScore

Great start came out with a lot of speed and took BSU a while to adjust. As the game went on BSU did a pretty good job of clogging stuff up and taking away shooting lanes and really just playing their typical tough to play against style. The injuries seem to really be mounting and losing Janatuinen in game as well. The Schmaltz line looked pretty solid creating chances again tonight but I really think Gersich is almost the perfect fit on that line so hopefully we can get him back tomorrow. Goaltending is still a pretty big concern for me especially with Cam's injury and another couple goals that probably should have been stopped tonight. I think Bemidji had 3 PP goals and we have know given up 4 in 3 games so really gotta get the PK figured out. Also not sure on the numbers but seem like we struggled on faceoffs especially in the d zone.

The story of this game seems to be:  fast start;  questionable goaltending; faceoff losses on PK; Poor coverage in D-Zone, especially by some young guys; Lack of any offensive pressure late in regulation.

Feel pretty fortunate to get a tie, after all of that.

I think we need to come off the ledge a bit here.  I  would love to see this team come up with a win every night but lets be real.  We have a new coach a new assistant lots of freshman.  Lots of injuries. There are going to be some growing pains while this team tries to figure out its identity.  The goalie situation sucks but we knew with tomak (spelling) out that there would be some questions marks.  With our third string in the boys need to buckle down in front.  Lets see how this plays out before we get to excited about anything

• Upvote 1

I think we need to come off the ledge a bit here.  I  would love to see this team come up with a win every night but lets be real.  We have a new coach a new assistant lots of freshman.  Lots of injuries. There are going to be some growing pains while this team tries to figure out its identity.  The goalie situation sucks but we knew with tomak (spelling) out that there would be some questions marks.  With our third string in the boys need to buckle down in front.  Lets see how this plays out before we get to excited about anything

Amen

I think we need to come off the ledge a bit here.  I  would love to see this team come up with a win every night but lets be real.  We have a new coach a new assistant lots of freshman.  

2014-2015 excuse:  old coaching.

2015-2016 excuse:  new coaching.

:lol:

• Upvote 3

I've watched goal in question with Lake Public Television Play-by-play announcer and the play wasn't offsides. 

Where was the puck, and how did it get back to the Bemidji player that scored. Looked like everyone except him (including the camera man) thought the puck was leaving the zone. Play by play guys didn't have a clue either. Even the Sioux goalie was on the opposite side of the net from where the puck ended up. What happened?

Here is my guess per what I've heard:

Cam.......Tomek will be available before Cam is.

Janatuinen......undisclosed injury that involves his head.

Nothing new on Gersich or Wolanin.

I also heard Murphy will sign a 10 day contract today and that straw polling has Sundogs climbing the nickname leaderboard.

Excited for today though.......Moon buffet and then UND home opener.

In Hrynkiw we tryust!

• Upvote 1

With this D-core, how do we tie when leading by 2 goals after 2?  I don't care the walk-on was in net.

I was wondering this also. 

But people need to calm the #@*# down! Remember last season, UND lost 5-2 or 5-1 to BSU?

We need to see whats up with these injuries, hopefully Tomek was just taking extra time to heal because Cam looked settled in, now that the situation has changed, maybe he comes back?

Remember last weekend? UMD was ranked higher than UND, they lost to BSU! Let's see what goaltending and a rebound game at the REA does!

who's on the ledge? We tied a game we definitely should have won. That lends itself to critiquing. I don't believe anyone said the "season is over".

Edited by scpa0305

Had Zane come back, I honestly think this years team is better than last years. But the current goal-tending is highly suspect and the defense really needs to step up. Sure we have a lot of young forwards but our D was supposed to be one of the best nationally this year. Gotta shore that up, particularly on the PK. This is still a young season with a lot of young guys. I expect things to get better, it's just going to take some time and all the injuries aren't helping. 

• Upvote 1

Had Zane come back, I honestly think this years team is better than last years. But the current goal-tending is highly suspect and the defense really needs to step up. Sure we have a lot of young forwards but our D was supposed to be one of the best nationally this year. Gotta shore that up, particularly on the PK. This is still a young season with a lot of young guys. I expect things to get better, it's just going to take some time and all the injuries aren't helping. 

Our D corps is solid. Forwards need to play D on occasion.